Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: RMX And the Headphone Jacks - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am getting no sound from the Headphone Jacks. Also does the RMX only work with version 5.7?

Mensajes Fri 16 May 08 @ 6:39 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
what settings are you using and what version do you use

Mensajes Fri 16 May 08 @ 7:34 pm
Go to config. > Sound Setup

Inputs: none
Output: headphones
Sound Card: 4.1
Device: RMX

Mensajes Fri 16 May 08 @ 8:32 pm
duble FHome userMember since 2007
I've got a similar problem. My settings are:

Sound Card: RMX
Output channels: Master: Chan 3&4: Headphones: Chan 1&2.

With the setup above i get audio through the headphones and can use the faders, but i can't monitor tracks.

If i change the Output channels to: Master: Chan 1&2: Headphones: Chan 3&4, i can monitor tracks though the headphones, but the faders don't work.

Any ideas?

Mensajes Sat 17 May 08 @ 12:30 pm
Timmyg1978 wrote :
Go to config. > Sound Setup

Sound Card: 4.1
Device: RMX

Put sound card as 4.1 rather than the RMX icon;^]

Mensajes Sat 17 May 08 @ 12:40 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Next version of Virtual DJ will have master out in headphone and not pre-mix deck1+2 like now, please have some patience ;)

Mensajes Sun 18 May 08 @ 4:38 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Sun 18 May 08 @ 9:43 am
cioce wrote :
Next version of Virtual DJ will have master out in headphone and not pre-mix deck1+2 like now, please have some patience ;)

Maybe this will help with the ddm4000 as well. (can't wait)
threre should be a way to midi map pfl for each deck like this. ;)

Mensajes Mon 19 May 08 @ 11:07 am
Hello duble F,

You should keep the output channels as
- Master: Chan 1&2,
- Headphones: Chan 3&4,
since on DJ Console Rmx, headphones are hardwired on output 3-4.

The point to take into consideration is that, in VirtualDJ 5.0.7, the position Mix on the monitor knob is set on Deck A + Deck B instead of Mix. I suppose the current version of VirtualDJ 5 Pro has the same setting.

Mensajes Tue 20 May 08 @ 3:19 am
Cheers guys. But to Timmyg1978, i tried changing the soundcard setting to 4.1 rather than the RMX icon, but it came up with an "error in the sound driver of directX".

And to Made In Breizh, When i set
- Master: Chan 1&2,
- Headphones: Chan 3&4,

the faders do nothing at all. They move on screen but dont affect the music. However i can monitior the 2 decks with the monitor knob.

I'm only listening through headphones (no output to speakers) so will thi affect it?

Can i get both the monitor features, and faders to work together though the headphones?

Sorry for how long winded this sounds!

Mensajes Tue 20 May 08 @ 5:57 pm
Are you using Asio or WDM drivers? I think I had that error at first when I accidently switched to the asio drivers. The control panel is kinda confusing for the RMX, when wdm drivers are selected the WDM circle is white/ silver & the asio circle is black. You can double it check it also by clicking on the top "asio" tab (between main & advanced), if the selections below are greyed out then you have WDM drivers selected. Updating direct x might help too if that doesn't, not sure about that 100% tho;^]

Mensajes Tue 20 May 08 @ 7:37 pm
Thanks Timmyg1978. I gave directx updating a go, but that didn't help things. Then made sure i was in WDM mode, which i was, but that didn't worh either. I've got no idea what to do. I need the faders to work, along with monitoring at the same time. This isn't good.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 10:29 am
I have Numark Cue along with an M Audio 410 soundcard. I have just invested in a Herules RMX, that, as you probably know comes with VDJ software. I now have a confusing situation that I am finding hard to resolve. Okay let's go .....

Point 1 ... Do I uninstal Numark Cue and replace it with VDJ, are there any major benefits?

Point 2 ... I need to have 2 seperate outputs, one to my speakers and the other to the house (pub) speakers. Currently that is not a problem as I go from my laptop to the 410 and then outputs 1 & 2 go to mine and 3 & 4 go to the pub system. I can plug my mic and headphones into the 410 and all is rosey in the garden. The way I see it with the RMX that is not possible.

So how do I set this lot up to achieve the above and what seetings would I have in the sound set up?

Can I go from the RMX into the 410, would that be of any benefit? Or would I cause damage to the 410?

Many thanks , sorry if I appear like a complete numpty ..................... it's because probably I am!

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 10:39 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
1. No, Numark Cue is full version, same as VDJ Pro and has more options than Home version that comes with RMX console. You can see comparison here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html
2.It is possible on RMX also, but someone who has it will explain better how to do that.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 11:09 am
DJ-ALF wrote :
1. No, Numark Cue is full version, same as VDJ Pro and has more options than Home version that comes with RMX console. You can see comparison here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html
2.It is possible on RMX also, but someone who has it will explain better how to do that.

Thanks for that, you've put my mind at ease, I thought I'd paid £260 that included £200 worth of dj software!!! :o)

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 11:15 am
@ retro: You can easily split outputs from any soundcard by using splitter cables, you lose a tiny bit of signal doing this but not enough for most folks to be able to tell by listening.

@ Duble, that does seem pretty strange, I'm stumped now. Don't worry though, I'm sure someone will find a sollution;^]

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 12:46 pm
@Timmyg1978: After 20 yrs of Djing I still don't want to give up my turntables. Every time I touch them it's like the first kiss!

My setup:
Inputs: Timecodes
Output: Headphones
Soundcard: Rmx
Input Ch: Ch 1&2 lft deck/ch 3&4 rt deck
Output Ch: Master Ch 3&4/Headphone Ch 1&2

I get Master audio out of my speakers, my crossfader works great as do my volume faders. The only problem I seem to have is with the headphone audio. I'm getting the mix audio but not the cue audio (can't hear what I want to play next).

Are there any solutions for this? Sending the audio back out to another mixer would defeat the purpose.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 9:35 pm
DJ KCee 1 wrote :
@Timmyg1978: After 20 yrs of Djing I still don't want to give up my turntables. Every time I touch them it's like the first kiss!

My setup:
Inputs: Timecodes
Output: Headphones
Soundcard: Rmx
Input Ch: Ch 1&2 lft deck/ch 3&4 rt deck
Output Ch: Master Ch 3&4/Headphone Ch 1&2

I get Master audio out of my speakers, my crossfader works great as do my volume faders. The only problem I seem to have is with the headphone audio. I'm getting the mix audio but not the cue audio (can't hear what I want to play next).

Are there any solutions for this? Sending the audio back out to another mixer would defeat the purpose.

Make sure asio is selected in the rmx control panel. Then launch VDJ & try selecting under "sound card" the "asio driver" option, and under "asio drivers" select "hercules dj console rmx asio";^]

Mensajes Thu 22 May 08 @ 10:19 pm
That did not work the way it\'s supposed to. I should be able to plug my headphones directly into the headphone jacks and be able to control output (cue or mix) to the headphones. Instead I've had to plug my headphones into the rca outputs of 1/2 and 3/4. What\'s funny is that in this configuration I\'m able to use the monitor control knob to go between cue and mix but the headphone volume does not work.

I still would like for it to work the way it\'s supposed to so if can figure this out that would be great.

Mensajes Sat 24 May 08 @ 7:08 pm
Hey guys i need your help, i have the RMX and i just can't get the record function to work with the virtual DJ, even if i try to use another USB sound card to line in the audio, please tell me to to get this function working . thanks

Mensajes Sun 25 May 08 @ 12:57 am
83%