Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Cdj 800's - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

rolo87Home userMember since 2005
I recently got myself a pair of Pioneer Cdj 800's and a Behringer DJX 700

What would be the easiest way to connect everything to my PC which will soon be a laptop using VirtualDj ?

Excuse my ignorance but I am new to everthing.

Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks.. Rolo

Mensajes Sun 18 May 08 @ 12:39 pm

Mensajes Sun 18 May 08 @ 3:21 pm
Buy Virtual Vinyl. Its the same as virtual dj. Virtual vinyl is a complete package and the sound card is designed for it. Virtual dj is just the software and then you have to buy a separate sound card.

Mensajes Sun 18 May 08 @ 8:39 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Caliente123 wrote :
Buy Virtual Vinyl. Its the same as virtual dj. Virtual vinyl is a complete package and the sound card is designed for it. Virtual dj is just the software and then you have to buy a separate sound card.

Your answer has no sense, he is not using TT's at all, he is using Pioneer cd players.
On the topic, you will need:
Virtual DJ Pro
Sound Card with 2 stereo outputs and inputs like Maya 44, ESI U46DJ, Hercules DJ Console RMX etc.
Timecode Cd which you can get here for free:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html
Hope to see ya soon with us ;)

Mensajes Mon 19 May 08 @ 4:38 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-ALF wrote :
Caliente123 wrote :

Your answer has no sense, he is not using TT's at all, he is using Pioneer cd players.
On the topic, you will need:
Virtual DJ Pro
Sound Card with 2 stereo outputs and inputs like Maya 44, ESI U46DJ, Hercules DJ Console RMX etc.
Timecode Cd which you can get here for free:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html
Hope to see ya soon with us ;)

Virtual Vinyl despite its name , works with CD players too , its a good soundcard for this and includes control cds.

It also includes a pro copy of the software

Mensajes Mon 19 May 08 @ 8:43 am
I know that, but the price is much higher than, lets say, Maya 44 + VDJ license and Timecode Cd's that are free from this site.

Mensajes Mon 19 May 08 @ 11:00 am
My answer has lots of sense........... And your talking about a maya 44 usb... a cheap sound card...... virtual vinyl is for turtables and Cd players and you get the sound card thats designed for it. Something designed for it'self equals better performance. You spend alittle more to get something good. You wrote makes no sense.... The Numark sound card is better than the Hercules

Mensajes Mon 19 May 08 @ 11:00 pm
I didn't say it is better or not, we are talking about what that user is gonna need and use and not to pay too much for it. Price is essential as he allready bought very pricey equipment. Maya 44 is not cheap sound card and can work on ASIO drivers at 5ms latency, what you need more?

Mensajes Tue 20 May 08 @ 12:29 pm
The maya 44 works but its not as good as the Numark card. With the numark setup, hes getting everything he needs and no more than that. he needs a soundcard and the program....and the original timecode cds... The numark is a better card because its designed for the software. It sounds better too. All updates are made for both software and the card. the maya is something that came out years ago and they stopped making it. how do you if he wants to go cheap after he he bought great cd players ?

Mensajes Tue 20 May 08 @ 1:58 pm
Let him decide about what he wants to buy..

Mensajes Tue 20 May 08 @ 2:01 pm
whats wrong with you dude.... Is there problem. You start out by trying to make me look like i dont know what im saying and then you say that you know........ You know that virtual vinyl comes with time coded cds for his CDJs .....

Mensajes Wed 21 May 08 @ 12:03 am
You are right, I didn't say otherwise ;)
VV is very quality package and it is the right thing to use with Pioneer for sure. My suggestion was only as other option that costs less and do the job. I tried many sound cards and come to the conclusion that you don't need better sound and Dynamics in a club then Sound Blaster Live 5.1 24bit USB or Hercules MK2 console. Maya 44 is better card then both, ESI U46DJ is better then all mentioned etc.
User must decide alone what he needs ;)

Mensajes Wed 21 May 08 @ 5:55 am
Thanks for all the replies.
I think I am more confused now than I was before. Ha Ha

So basically I can buy Virtual Vinyl and it comes with a soundcard all in one package?
Or i Can buy a Maya 44 USB soundcard and just use that with VirtualDj ? Is this correct ?

I live in South Africa therefore finding a Maya 44 could be a problem will look around anyway.

I don't mind spending the money if I know what I buy is gonna work,
i'm scared I do spend the money and then nothing works..

As long as it works I don't mind paying for it, but I dont have unlimited funds.. ;)

Mensajes Sun 25 May 08 @ 10:35 am
Yes, both options will work, VV is better sound card and all in one package, Hardware + software (Numark Cue is the same as VDJ).
If you are low on the budget, the other option comes as solution ;)

Mensajes Sun 25 May 08 @ 10:49 am
Ok so a little update on my position..

I recently purchased a Dell with 2 Headphone output's will this at all be able to be used in my set-up ? Instead of getting another soundcard..

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Mensajes Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 7:34 am
Hi
I've recently bought Virtual Vinyl and after much tweaking and tuning it is finally working with the timecode cd's and the latency is pretty good. I am using older generation Denon , dn 2500 MK III , dual rack-mount cd players as controllers and the Virtual Vinyl external soundcard . I can live with this type of arrangement just fine , however I was wondering if it was possible to use another cd player on the market , like pioneer cdj 200 or 400 or 800 etc which can work WITHOUT the external soundcard (i.e. native to Virtual Vinyl ) other than Numark iCDX ?

I would love to be able to connect the 2 cd players via usb and have them be able to play regular cd's when I want and then be able to load a song from Virtual Vinyl when I want . I was also looking into the pioneer MEP 7000 which is very similar to my Denon in that it is a dual deck but boast of being more computer friendly !!!

Your help is much appreciated

Dan

Mensajes Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 6:08 pm
the answer is yes. Most people use either the CDJ 800 or 1000, I've used both in the past

Mensajes Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 7:14 pm
danabitbol wrote :
however I was wondering if it was possible to use another cd player on the market , like pioneer cdj 200 or 400 or 800 etc which can work WITHOUT the external soundcard (i.e. native to Virtual Vinyl ) other than Numark iCDX ?

This is only possible if you use a MIDI controller with a built-in sound card, such as the Denon DN-HC4500 (http://www.denondj.com/prodview_item.asp?pid=67&cid=4), Pioneer CDJ-400, Hercules DJ Console, etc.

Please check the Remote Control tab of Virtual Vinyl to see what MIDI controllers it natively supports. If you are not running the latest v5.2.1 version, please register your VirtualVinyl serial number http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then go to http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html to update (Newer versions will natively support more controllers.)

Non-MIDI DJ CD players such as CDJ-800 or 1000 will only work with timecode CD's, which you will still need to use the VirtualVinyl sound card for.

Mensajes Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 8:24 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I use Virtual Vinyl Box with both TCV's in TT200 and TCCD's in CJJ800km2 and loving it. Audio output is crisp and clear.
I know a dj in your country SA uses NVV and doing video mixing over the public television and its being watched all over Africa.

Mensajes Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 4:02 am
please advise on how l link my pioneer cdj 400 cd to my virtual dj mk 2 console

Mensajes Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 5:10 am
95%