Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ & midi (DMC mapping)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried mapping the DMC (through GismoLabs midi driver) to VDJ.

It generaly seem to be OK but:

For some reason, VDJ does NOT recognize the direction of the JOG wheels as DIFFERENT midi commands.
When i go to the GismoLabs midi mapping, the driver indeed give a B0 80 01 when you turn the inner wheel left and B0 80 01 when you turn it right.

Howcome VDJ does not recognize this?

Is there an SDK which i could see the MIDI commands (XX XX XX format) that VDJ listens to?

Also, we should be able to control the browser's directories and browsers files (songs) independently.

If that ever works, it would be REALLY good ;)

Mensajes Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 3:30 pm
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you tried the DAC2/DMC1 mapper plugin?

Mensajes Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 8:48 am
Yes i have.
And it works great.
However, customizing the DMC/DAC controls would be even better.

The plugin should include beat steping, and, why shift & + to pitch and not directly +? :)

Alex

Mensajes Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 4:44 pm

The inner jog wheel can be used for pitch bending. It allows fine grained control over the pitch. The outer wheel can be used for beat steping in pause or edit mode. See the readme file.

Mensajes Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 7:30 am
Yep. got it.

Only problem is, my DMC-1's first inner jog wheel is a BIT broken, and even after the chip upgrade, it jumps.

But i'll try to fix it with those compressed air stuff they sell on computer shops (usuay for computer keyboards.)

thanks!

Alex

Mensajes Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 8:02 am
djhorHome userMember since 2005
hi. I saw that you have a DMC-1. I´d like to know how is the commands that it sends to PC´s serial communication port. Do you have some information ? Would be possible that you look the data using a software like the Advanced Serial Port Monitor. I have a serial programmable controller and I´d like to know if is it possible to make it work with PCDJ. If you can help me, pls contact me by e-mail: --@--.-- Thanx a lot.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry djhor no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 8:01 pm
where do i install the dmc-1 mapper ?

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 7:42 am
put the dll in the c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\ directory or wherever yo installed VDJ

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 10:42 am
where do i put the dmci mapper drviers in the effect folder ? vdj is not seeing my dmc1,

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 10:40 pm
The shift and(+ or -) is a little trying. It seems a little much to have to use 2 buttons, just to pitch. But have you noticed that sometimes it will keep on pitching? I mean it will continue to speed up, or slow down. Didn't the default mapper that came with the software, only use the (+ or -) to pitch? If so, maybe I should go back to that, for the time being. This is just to hold me over, until the verdict comes in on the DAC 3, and the updated software, whenever that drops.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 7:16 am
PHIL, put the dll in the c:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ\\ directory or wherever yo installed VDJ

so not in vdj\\effects but only in vdj

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 9:00 am
Why don't you use the jog dial to pitch the song? I never use the shift & + or - combo to adjust the pitch.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 12:13 pm
thanks lopez 453,but why vdj don't see the dmc-1 in the confg section ?

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 3:50 pm
i sometimes don't get green led, but controller is working.

Try restarting pc, or try to find the serial port that your USB converter is assigned to ...
maybe it's in COM9 ..

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 4:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)