Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: HELP. VDJ 5.2 WON'T RETAIN MEMORY - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I recently upgraded to VDJ 5.2 on MacBook Pro with a Hercules RMX. Every time I open the software it's as if I'm using it for the very 1st time.

All bpm's are wiped clean

Any info that I had to manually type is now gone; like genres, song titles, artists, etc...

All cue points are erased.

I could spend hours organizing music and have to start all over again every time I shut down.

Mensajes Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 11:41 pm
Try deleting the com.atomix prefs file. You may have to re-serialize, but it should re-read your itunes data, and keep everything you manually edit..... (I hope)

Mensajes Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 1:24 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Check the permission of the VirtualDJ folder in My documents. It has to be Read & Write otherwise VirtualDJ can't have access to the database.

Mensajes Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 6:10 am
I've tried the last 2 suggestions several times with no luck.

Any other advise?

Mensajes Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 10:49 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should just use the same usb port for the rmx. Also try reset VDJ to its factory settings. I'm not sure if these can help apart from the earlier suggestion for ur system but its worth a try.

And r u using external HD for ur music. N wat the HD format?

Regards.

Mensajes Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 11:48 am
I just reset factory defaults and I still have the same problem.

I've used both USB ports on my Mac with the same results.

And I'm not using an external hard drive.

Mensajes Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 2:25 pm
Then do a clean re-install of 5.2. Delete everything that has to do with Vdj. All versions should be deleted including your Vdj folder in your documents. Then re-install 5.2, start it up without the Rmx plugged in. You may see a message about audio driver error. Check to see if your data is remembered. If it is, then you are good to go when you hook up your Rmx. BTW, What OS ver. are you using?

Mensajes Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 12:16 am
Just tried a clean re-install twice. No luck.

I'm using Leopard 10.5.4

Mensajes Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 8:43 am
Wow, this is a tough one! How about disk utility repair permissions?(just grabbing at straws because I really did a lot of things, and I'm not exactly sure which one made the problem go away). One thing I do notice is when I click on an itunes folder, it does take about 2 or 3 seconds for the artist, and bpms to show up. I also noticed that VirtualDJ Local Database v5, is now on an external drive. I didn't put it there. I really hope we Mac users didn't pay for a "half working" program.......

Mensajes Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 7:42 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
The only luck I had fixing the external database corrupted was to actually copy the other VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml
from my clone external hardrive to my original external hardrive.

The problem was fixed that way.

If i am not mistaken It looks like It Is a bug In Virtual DJ Mac 5.2.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:17 am
After reading the last post, I clicked "configure", then "browser". I looked in the "Datebase" section. Next to "Drive" the box is empty. I'm assuming there should be a hard drive(s) in that field so I can tell VDJ what to "check", "clean", or "fix".
I think that might be a big clue to what the problem may be, but I'm not computer savvy at all and have no idea how to fix it.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 6:03 am
geraldm49, go to your clone external hardrive not the main external hardrive copy the other VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml
that you will find In the clone external hardrive paste that file to your original drive reopen Virtual DJ. hopefully, you do have a clone external hardrive where
maybe the clone copy has an older file name Virtual Local Database v5.xml

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:07 am
I don't have a clone external hard drive or even a main external hard drive. The only hard drive I know of is the one that came built inside of my Macbook. As I stated earlier; I'm really not computer savvy. If there's a main and external hard drive inside my laptop please let me know how to get to them. And I'll still need to know where to find the VDJ Database v5.xml and where and how to paste it after I've found it.

I just got back from the apple store. They did some troubleshooting and couldn't identify the cause of the problem. They though it might be a VDJ 5.2/Leopard 10.5.4 compatibility issue. They suggested I go back to using Leopard 10.5

Is anyone else experiencing new glitches since updating to VDJ 5.2 and Leopard 10.5.4?

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 12:36 pm
From what you have just stated above apparently you have no external drive attach to your Mac. from what I remembered; there Is only one internal
drive that comes with a macbook.
The trick I stated above would have worked only If you had a main external hardrive and a clone external hardrive.

Do you by any chance have Time Machine working on your Macbook with an external hardrive?

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:20 pm
Unfortunately, I backed up everything with Time Machine in Feb. when I first got my mac. I haven't used it since then. I got VDJ about 5 weeks ago.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:37 pm
I just did some more checking. I copied the Vdj xml file to my main drive, and nothing shows up in the drive menu. I always used itunes folders so I didn't notice that my Vdj does not save any virtual folders. I can't even make playlists. I THINK THE SUPPORT TEAM HAD BETTER ADDRESS THESE ISSUES AND SOON!(not a suggestion)

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:21 pm
djikenelson, dowload a program called appledelete, install it on your Mac and go to the application folder and drop the all the Virtual DJ Icons you have on your Mac. That program will totally uninstall Virtual DJ completely. Give It a try!

Reinstall the Virtual DJ see what happen?

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:32 pm
I tried appledelete about 4 days ago. It didn't deliver what was advertised. I still had to manually search and delete some VDJ files it left behind. I also tried free programs called applecleaner, macdust, and maintenance. None of them fixed the memory problem.
Yesterday I downgraded to Leopard 10.5 and that didn't work.

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:52 am
geraldm49 wrote :
I tried appledelete about 4 days ago. It didn't deliver what was advertised. I still had to manually search and delete some VDJ files it left behind. I also tried free programs called applecleaner, macdust, and maintenance. None of them fixed the memory problem.
Yesterday I downgraded to Leopard 10.5 and that didn't work.

I can't afford to lose anymore data, so I'll just use my iTunes playlists. I was using them for Traktor, so I'm accustomed to making my playlists there. I'm lucky I have an extra mac to experiment with, and leave my macbook pro as is. I surely hope they find a fix in the next update, or it's back to Traktor I go. I think we Mac users are a patient group, but we can't wait forever......

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 9:24 am
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hey,

The files that countaint all the info, bpm, cue ect... is a xml that vdj 5.2 put in /Users/YOU/Documents/VirtualDJ and its call VirtualDJ Database v5.xml.

If you want to you a external drive, you after a news install, u have to do 2 thing.

1. You copy your old database.xml in the /Users/YOU/Documents/VirtualDJ

2. You edit that xml with a soft like Oxygen [http://www.oxygenxml.com/] there a trial version.

- what do you edit ? You have to go find and replace every path to your old music library for the NEW PATH of your librairy.

exemple : i had my 10gig of music and video in : /Users/ME/music4mix/ and i change it to : /the_name_of_my_external_drive/music4mix/

3. Change the name of your database to : VirtualDJ Database v5.xml

NB.

1. Make sure your folder VirtualDJ has permission set to r/w for everyone.

2. when you edit the xml, you have to make all PATH \ are change to /. BUT BEWARE! DONT CHANGE ALL THE \ into /. PROGRAMMATION CODE NEED THOSE \.

and never forget :

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

hope its help.

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 9:41 am
74%