Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Switching PC to Mac VDJ Setup?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been running VDJ with the original Hercules MK1 for about 3 years now. I recently bought a Macbook Pro (love it), and have been using my bootcamp (Windows XP) partition to run VDJ with the MK1 since the MK1 is not compatible with Mac.

I want to switch to the latest VDJ mac version and run it on OS X and would like your input on the best setup. I have considered purchasing the new Hercules RMX but is a little expensive (doesn't justify the switch). So as I try to think of a cheaper alternative...I was wondering if I could purchase a second sound card and run each of the two sound cards to channel 1 and 2 on my mixer?

I only use the MK1 to fade and pre-listen through my headphones. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 11:25 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The options depend on your budget. There are many ways to use VDJ on Mac. You're thought on getting another soundcard to use with your external mixer should work. You can use the card for sound, and manually map your MK1 for a controller. I believe other users have had success using the Maya 44 USB sound card. It's an inexpensive soundcard option. I believe it runs around $100. With this card, you can run VDJ through two channels on your mixer. For this setup, you would set the crossfader of the MK1 in the middle and set the crossfade option to scratch (this will set the crossfade curve to full on both channels). Then, you can use your external mixer to cue with your headphones and use the external mixer crossfader to switch between channels. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 1:36 am
You have enough money for a Macbook Pro ($2000.00+) but you can't afford a Hercules RMX ($349.00)? That's like saying you bought a motorcycle but you can't afford a helmet.

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 3:43 am
HiTower, thanks for the information, that would be the perfect setup for me. What if I take the MK1 out of the equation all together (I have no use for it)? So to be clear, I would run the Maya44 channel 1&2 to channel 1 on the mixer and 3&4 to channel 2 on the mixer? And as long as the fader is in the middle with the scratch option on, it will have full output to both channels? I would like to then use the mixer crossfader and the mixer to pre-listen with the headphones. I can use my mouse to select play or any other option on VDJ. Do you have a screen shot of what the VDJ settings should look like?

dizzyrocks2001, yeah I'm just cheap and figured why spend $350 on a controller when I would only use the crossfader and play buttons? I knew there had to be a better option for my simple needs.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 9:27 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You got it bzmillerboy. That's all you need to do. As for the screen shot thing... Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that, or I'd be happy to help. To get to VDJ's crossfader setting, go to config / options. The crossfader button is 2nd down on the left. Just click the button until the scratch option appears. Then you'll have full output to both channels with the VDJ crossfader in the middle.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 2:17 am
Great, thanks for the information!

I'll be sure to post up some screen shots and pictures of my setup once I get it in and working solid.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 12:31 pm
aaronxHome userMember since 2007
this is pretty much what i use. i have everything on VDJ set to normal (EQ/GAIN/LEVELS) and then run from my soundcard(echo audiofire2) to a numark mixer, i then use that t fade and cue tracks. i then use the mouse to click play and sync. works pretty well. although but if all you use a mixer/MKI for is pressing play and crossfading do you even need a mixer? you could just use the mouse to hit play and crossfade, and with a soundcard you can still preview tracks with one card and have a master out with the other, just a thought.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 3:23 pm
Thanks everyone for the information! I successfully completed my first gig on a Mac with V5.0 and the Maya 44. Everything sounded and worked great, and replacing my MK1 with the Maya 44 made my setup even more mobile and simple.

Since I'm use to playing with an older version of VDJ on windows, playing with Mac V5.0 was a little learning experience. I wasn't too impressed with the auto play feature, it seemed to auto cue in the middle of a lot of songs, so my playlist for dinner music went by very quick.

I'm going to keep using my 4 channel mixer though because I use channel 3 for my ipod and just like the physical cross fader.

Mensajes Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 9:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)