Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ mac bug??

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i've just installed on my mac, but every time i open vdj its like im opening it for the first time, vdj doesn't remember my favourite folders, my shortcuts, nothing! i'm quite new when it comes to working with mac... what should i do?????

thanks

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 3:47 pm
it was answered elswhere but change your permission to read/write everyone for everything VDJ related that should help

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 5:26 pm
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I've searched the forum, everyone says to change your permissions. How or where do I go to do this?? I've reformated my hard drive to Mac OS Extended journaled. My Fat32 hard drives work great (plug them in and all my tags appear perfectly). Yet, the Mac hard drive does not? Can you please explain the steps, much appreciated.

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 1:28 pm
It's easy, hi-light your VDJ icon, select "file" from the toolbar, click "info", at the bottom of the info window go to "ownership & permissions" and change everything to "read & write".

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 8:38 pm
I've tried this, and it still does not work. Any other suggestions?

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 8:52 am
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello,

are you using bootcamp to have windows in your mac?

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 12:58 pm
Ok....I think I solved this problem, I reinstalled my Mac OS, installed all the necessary updates, and reinstalled Virtual DJ Mac 5.2.1 and changed my permissions to read and write. It now seems to works perfectly with my external hard drive which is formatted in Mac OS Extended Journaled. I've been testing for about 2 hours. The only issue is that it won't load the file info for some mp3's. Mainly, the ones that have accents over the letters e or a. What can I do to fix this problem??? Is this a bug with this version???

Yes, I still have a 32gig partition for XP installed with VDJ 5.0.7 which has been working very well with my Denon HC4500 controller. However, I find the Mac version runs my video's without stutters.

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 4:05 pm
Another problem, everything was working great yesterday, today, once again I can't get VDJ 5.2.1. to read my tags and it erased my bpm's. This time it is only affecting my internal hard drive. My external works great. What is it that I'm doing wrong???

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 9:31 am
dabblinPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm having the same problem. Every time I reopen VDJ the software erases my BPMs...this sucks. Any helpful ideas are welcomed. I tried setting the permissions as said in an earlier post...nada!

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 11:01 am
I found the best solution for this problem. What I did was i removed the default Music folder from the VDJ BROWSER. I RIGHT CLICKED the folder and then clicked delete. Then I opened the Volumes and found the Music folder on the Hard Drive. I RIGHT CLICKED the folder and selected MAKE FAVORITE. Then All of a sudden the BPMs started being remembered by VDJ. Hope this helps somebody.

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 2:04 pm
Shoot, I forgot about that. I could have saved you a lot of trouble if I remembered that you have to pretty much ignore the default "Music" folder that appears when you open VDJ for the first time after installation. Then again, it's not something that immediately comes to mind because it's not like one would install VDJ every day.

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 8:45 pm
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I tried your suggestions and nothing still works. I can't figure this out. What music folder are you talking about???

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 12:18 pm
Hi,

Still hoping to get this to work, any suggestions.

Mensajes Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 8:04 am
Try what I posted before with the help of this Image.

Mensajes Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 4:54 pm
vealoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
i have done exactly what you say in the picture to do many times. my music folder has been deleted from virtual dj and i go in to volumes to make it my favourite, it becomes my favourite, i turn vdj off come back on and all of a sudden it is no longer my favourite and the bpm's are all gone.

help

Mensajes Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 6:36 pm
Hi, I'm Alessio from Italy. I have a problem with the latest version of virtual dj 5.2.1. I have a Macbook 2.4 core duo with 4 gb of ram. Using an external hard disk (Wenstern Digital Studio 500 gb) connected with firewire 400. While using the software after about 20 minutes of mixing the program crashes, this happens only with the latest version, 5.2 works perfectly.

I tried many settings of performance but also freezes.

Let me know if you happened to some of you and what can 'be.

Thank you.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 12:17 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
alessiomarche wrote :
Hi, I'm Alessio from Italy. I have a problem with the latest version of virtual dj 5.2.1. I have a Macbook 2.4 core duo with 4 gb of ram. Using an external hard disk (Wenstern Digital Studio 500 gb) connected with firewire 400. While using the software after about 20 minutes of mixing the program crashes, this happens only with the latest version, 5.2 works perfectly.

I tried many settings of performance but also freezes.

Let me know if you happened to some of you and what can 'be.

Thank you.

Pls stay focus on the thread all about. U have create ur own post n pls do not double post as it will cause confusion. Thanks;)

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 2:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)