Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Had some serious CPU spikes last night, any ideas

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had been playing for around 2 hours, with the CPU meter, bouncing around 5-10%, which is normal for my laptop,

when all of a sudden the meter on the skin starts to fly up towards the red, coming back down again, then back up again. It did this for about 5 minutes or so. At one point it hit 90%.

I stood there and watched, hoping that the smiley face didn't came up or my laptop crash, with a finger on the CD play button just in case. I didn't touch anything on my RMX while this was happening.

It came to a point where I had to load my track, so with fingers crossed I did, and after that, the meter stopped going mental and stayed at it's usual 5-10% for the rest of the night. Weird or what.

The only thing on my Laptop is my OS which is Vista, VirtualDJ and the free version of AVG. Everything is disabled or turned off which I don't need.

I've just had a quick look and I can't see anything that could have caused this. Any ideas Guys?

*edit* Just playing mp3 files all night and no visuals

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 7:25 am
ummm? how weird! mabey your computer didnt like that song!!! seriosly i dono tho if it works then dont question it! i would just keep a eye on it tho it might turn out to be nothing but atleast u know!

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 4:18 pm
prolly those titties bouncing and makin the cpu horny

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 6:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You should have run up task manager and seen what process was sucking up the juice....

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 8:58 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SBDJ wrote :
You should have run up task manager and seen what process was sucking up the juice....

Yeah, good idea there mate, didn't think of that.

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 10:53 pm
That's your PC saying: ''Go sleep, so I and the neighbors can do the same too''

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 12:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)