Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: ROOKIE: Do I Need Anything Else Please?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hello. trying to figure out if i need any additional equipment to enable the timecoded vinyl, or at least hook my mixer up to my VDJ.

toshiba satellite P205, vista, gig of ram, dual core, 1.73ghz, realtek high definition audio

m-audio transit usb, i can record from my turntables so i presume i have a sound card?

stanton rm406 mixer-----do i need a midi device?

thanks so much for your assistance if you happen to assist which i hope you will.

Mensajes Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 2:00 pm
well.....in the absence of assistance, , ,actually dj homeboy is always fast to get back to me, it seems as though the inevitable is to purchase more equipment in the form of a 4 in sound card so i can hook up my turntables. now i wonder if it is even worth messing with the timecoded vinyl and the weight of my SL1200s and coffin. so, i am slowly learning. i hope this helps.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:15 am
thanks adam, that helps. i guess if you leave a moron in a room long enough they will finally figure out how to work something. now the true question is, what is the best all in one device to use, and should usb be an option or should you just duct tape a 4 in sound card to the side of your laptop?

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:16 am
adam, we meet once again. based on the forums it appears as though firewire is better than usb, obviously, and an internal sound card is better than anything. now you just have to make the big decision to drop the turntables and move on to the new generation. but which all in one device has the most torque?

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:18 am
these are all very good questions adam. the devices with the most torque, and therefore the most realistic feeling are, conveniently the most expensive units. start saving money and stealing recycling from bums and maybe by 09 you can have some special equipment.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:19 am
stealing from bums is bad, even though they use your alleyway as an official dumping ground and poop without covering it with leaves. how can you ditch your turntables? is it worth it? these are questions the aging dj asks himself. why not just buy some cybals instead?

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:21 am
cymbals are for monkeys.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:21 am
Dude what are you trying to accomplish posting like this, most answers come from users just like you and me that don't get paid so ask the question then wait for the answer. If no one knows the answer then you may not get a response til someone has the answer.

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 4:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Indeed.

So after all that, what is your actual question, and exactly what are you wating to accomplish? Audio mixing? Audio/Video mixing? TCV? MIDI controller?!

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 5:39 am
hello again. please forgive me if my multiple posts reflected impatience, this was not my intention.

am i able to use my stanton rm406 with my m-audio usb transit with VDJ or do i need to buy an all in one MIDI device or sound card?

my ultimate goal is to audio and video mix. most of the all in one's i have played with do not have the torque response i like, most feel like the wheels on the numark units--no grab or pull.

i suppose i am debating using timecoded vinyl versus an all in one device so that i do not have to lug around my tables.

at any rate.....if i want to use timecoded vinyl i suppose the best option is a sound card with two phono inputs? and....

if i do not want to use timecoded vinyl my best option is an all in one device?

what unit contains the best of both worlds so that i can option to use the timecoded vinyl or not?

Mensajes Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 12:13 pm
Well, my friend, I would suggest a Hercules RMX. It is an all in one controller with a built in sound card. You can use the contoller to do everthing in VDJ, you can plug you turntable in to use TCV, and you can set it up to output 2 or 3 channels so you can plug into a mixer. The RMX is alot better then the MK2. If you still want to use just the TT for TCV than just pick up a sound card like the Maya 44.

If you pick up the RMX, thne you do have the choice to take what you want to a gig. Say you don't want to take the TT with you, then you still have control of the software. It is really flexable. What do you want? Whatever it is, I am sure the peeps on the forum can help you with it.
DJ Digital

Mensajes Thu 23 Oct 08 @ 2:11 pm
yeah i pulled the trigger with the rmx and am waiting for it.

only, i have read about a thousand posts about people having problems with the rmx.

still waiting.

and hoping. and praying that the rmx doesnt end up being a piece of shite.

what do you think the minimum RAM for a pc with VDJ 5.2 should be?

Mensajes Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 7:17 pm
Hey, I bought mine last week. I am loving it. Plugged it in, and I was off. I got it friday, set it up after work, and went to a gig with it. Played for 5 hours, no problem. The RMX is still kinda new, so there might be some performance issue. Just adjust for it in VDJ settings.

As far as ram, I would go with about 2GB, if you plan on doing lots of video, go with 4GB. I do video once in a while with 2GB in my laptop. It works.

DJ Digital

Mensajes Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 8:14 am
thanks for everyone's input.

due to budget constraints (see: what to buy when broke) i went with the RMX.

it seems like as soon as i pulled the trigger to buy the RMX; i logged in and found a thousand posts magically appear about the RMX teabagging folks around the world. i figured my situation would be different.

i loaded the drivers. i plugged it in. and to my delight the scratching was right on with no skipping. i tried out all of the buttons and they all worked. the crossfader worked. the pitchfaders worked. the kill buttons all worked. wow. this is sick. lets throw some video in there.

oh, so sorry. video no work for you. .WMV only--no .AVI for you.

any ideas for what i can adjust to fix this or have i been thrown in an empty field of .WMVs?

have new VDJ, have new HERC drivers, have enough RAM.

gracias.

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 11:13 pm
so maybe i missed the answer with all the back and forth...i want to ugrade to turntables...so with my rmx and getting pro will i be able to use vv with the pro or is something else required. and is vv just the timecoded record specifically to use with vdj. tell me exactly what i need to get to go to turntables programs and all. please thanks.

Mensajes Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)