Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hercules RMX gig set up help- opinions please??? ;)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

tomorrow, halloween, i have my first gig with the hercules rmx. suffice to say im excited as it has been fun to work with and the gig itselt is the perfect tester- bigger bar but not too big, about 100 peeps at any one time...

so im curious, what should the defaults on the rmx be set to? like gain? volume nobs, etc? im talking when you first hook it up to a PA... i noticed the gain can be sensitive from time to time...

where should i have the volume nobs set and the gain set initially is my biggest concern....

i know this is probably a simple question but i never used a all-in-one before... so i wanna be as precise as possible... thanks!!!

ps- any tips from hercules rmx users would be appreciated!!!

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 11:30 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
in a new situation make sure everything is set at zero before you switch anything on then bring rmx gains to half way, set main volume slider to just over half way, start a tune away on one of the decks and bring the corresponding slider up a couple of notches, now go to the amp and slowing increase its output until you get an idea how loud the output is gonna be, slightly adjusting the rmx as you are going until you are happy with the sound quality, you will have to increase as the room gets fuller, don't forget to check your mic levels as well, with the rmx you may need a higher output from the amp to be heard.

as you get more experienced you will get an idea where to put the levels on start up, have a good night.

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 1:16 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

And be a touch gentle with the gains on the RMX, they can be very sensitive.

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 2:46 pm
cool.... yeah, i noticed that gain was really super sensitive... some tracks i have arent the same volume, so i know i may have to mess with that- ill probably do that with my headset on and turned over to 'cue'... but im aware of that... so has anyone did any gigs yet with it??? i try to look at other forums, blogs, etc to see if anyone has, and ironically cant seem to find a good opinion of it... i mean i see review where people love it, and Virtual DJ- even Console Edition, seems to be pretty stable and it seems more DJ's use that then Serrato- especially folks in Europe. But i would love to hear an opinion of someone using it for like 2 hours or so.. any tips or tricks?

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 5:36 pm
ps... what outputs would you use... the standard ones that require dvd type cords, ie, the red and white, or the others that take the larger ones? the 1/4 ones?

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 5:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The 1/4 inch outputs are 4db louder than the RCAs. I use the 1/4 inch.....works great...

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 6:43 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
got to use the 1/4 if connecting direct to amp(s), plus you have to beef the gains up on them for the mic to have a decent throw has been my experience when not using the rmx in line with another mixer.

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 7:36 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
TearEmUp wrote :
The 1/4 inch outputs are 4db louder than the RCAs. I use the 1/4 inch.....works great...

I think the same.

Mensajes Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 8:05 pm
i did a gig in my bed last nite for about three hours and the RMX audio functions worked flawlessly.

there was that one time when VDJ just shut down for no reason though ...

if you are going to be video mixing, which as a limited edition user maybe you cant, make sure that all formats play correctly.

currently .WMVs will play for me but .AVIs will not.

good luck and if possible plug the RMX into a mixer so you can fine tune the sound in/decrease even more.

Mensajes Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 2:18 pm
The High Mid and Low knobs are much less sensitive than the gain so you can adjust volume with those to avoid the drastic changes the gain will make.

Mensajes Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 4:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)