Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: hercules line-in problems...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

arfurHome userMember since 2007
Hi guys,

VDJ works fine with my hercules normally, but I'm trying something different today and it's giving me trouble.

I'm playing music from a portable tape deck into the line in 1/2 of the hercules, and hoping to record it onto my PC.
What happens is, I can hear the music coming through when I hit the button on hercules to select input 1/2 rather than PC as audio source, but then if as much as touch the crossfader or vertical sliders, the music disappears, hercules seems to hang and remain unresponsive for about 10 seconds, do some cracking and popping, then come back to life again.

Any Ideas?

Mensajes Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 9:11 am
Hello arfur,

If you use the last version of VirtualDJ DJC for the DJ Console Mk2 (3.4.1), I suppose you set the option "Apply EQ on external inputs" in VirtualDJ, and then you are in ASIO.
1) Can you check if you get this issue with Hercules DJ Console Mk2 last drivers (2008_HDJS_3 package)?
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=177&cid=1

2) If you get this issue with the last drivers for the Mk2, can you test if changing the size of the ASIO buffer (set in 44.1KHz / 16-bit) has an impact on this issue ?
You must set the ASIO buffer size in Hercules DJ Console Mk2 before running VirtualDJ.

Mensajes Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 10:18 am
Hi MIB,

1: I already have the latest 2008_HDJS_3 package installed. Very happy with better debouncing on PLAY buttons!

2: Buffer size does not seem to have much affect.

Now, the symptoms I described happen when 'Apply EQ to ext ins' is NOT checked, and Hercules Control Panel is in WDM or ASIO mode, and whether VirtualDJ is running or not.

If I check the 'Apply EQ to ext ins' option, then it works fine when virtual DJ is open, but not if VirtualDJ is closed and I am using the hercules in normal soundcard mode.

At the point I move the faders and hercules crashes, it is actually rebooting - I can see the control panel goes from connected, to disconnected and back.

Thanks,
Arthur

Mensajes Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 12:15 pm
Hello arfur,

When you check the 'Apply EQ to ext inputs' option, VirtualDJ sets the DJ Console Mk2 in ASIO mode.
You should have the same good result if you use another ASIO software (as Wavosaur, for example, a free sound editor and recorder)
http://www.wavosaur.com/.

When you don't set this mode, VirtualDJ sets the DJ Console Mk2 in WDM.
Please check in your DJ Console Mk2 panel if the inputs are not locked (the padlock on left of your DJ Console Mk2 control pannel should remain open).
As DJ Console Mk2 has a hardware pass-through on the line input, I don't know how it works in WDM if the padlock is closed.

Mensajes Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 10:03 am
Hi, tried Wavosaur, no luck.

Basically, to summarise the problem:

When I press the source button on my hercules and toggle from PC to line in, hercules crashes instantly and reboots.
It does this in WDM and ASIO mode no matter what, when Virtual DJ is not running.
It also does this in WDM mode, when Virtual DJ is running.
It does this in ASIO mode, when Virtual DJ is running but ''apply eq on ext inputs' is not selected.

The ONLY time it does not crash, is when VDJ is running, and ''apply eq on ext inputs' is selected.

Now, I took my console into work and tried on a work PC, using the same 2008 package as on my home PC.
No crashes, whether in WDM or ASIO mode, regardless of whether VDJ is running or not.

So, I the problem must lie with my home PC...

I have an NVIDIA soundcard, which provides NVIDIA ASIO, and thats pretty much the only thing I can think that may be causing problems.. but cauing the herc to crash and reboot? I would have expected no sound, I can't understand what might cause a total reboot...

any ideas where I can start looking, now that problem is isolated to my PC?

Thanks again for your help!

Mensajes Tue 04 Nov 08 @ 4:53 am
..removed all other soundcards in my PC, still same problem.

getting desperate now.

Mensajes Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 6:40 pm
Right, after much experimentation, I can confirm that this issue of hercules crashing when line in is selected (at all times other than when VDJ is running with "apply eq on ext ins" is selected), only happens with the latest 2008_HDJS_3 driver.

Go back to 2007_CMK2_2, and it works poifectly.

So, can anyone confirm exactly what enhancements were made with the console driver update? Is it worth switching?
I find key debounce on PLAY button is far better with the newer version, and thats a biggie.

Any chance of fixing this bug? It happens on all PCs with 2008 version drivers, unless you haven't properly uninstalled the 2007 driver - you try it yourself.

Mensajes Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 6:02 pm
I would take this up on the Hercules website as I think you may have stumbled on a bug on their end.

Mensajes Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)