Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: NO MORE HISTORY?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,

why has the program stopped saving my history files? it still accurately saves them in wordpad but it stopped converting them to xml files as of nov 7, 2008! in short, there is no history files after nov 7 2008 when i open 'history' within vdj. cue points and everything else are fine. but i need my history files! help!

i have tried reinstalling the program and doing a system restore (which actually didnt work on my comp). also, i dont know if this has to do with anything but i did move about 40 gigs from my harddrive to an external drive but i did that all internally through vdj. however, when i shut down my comp it said that some file had been corrupted... that was pretty much around the time it stopped saving the history.

i use windows xp on a gateway laptop

PLEASE HELP
thnks

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 5:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what version are you working with?

And are you talking about the playlists? They are not XML files they are M3U files.
What do you mean by updates in wordpad? What is the name of the file you are looking at?

So can you be more specific on what you are experiencing and what you are looking at?

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 6:42 pm
gladly,
i am working with 5.2.1 (the latest version)..

im not sure if id call them 'playlists', vdj calls the folder Tracklistings. these files can be found in

my documents> virtual dj> tracklisting> tracklist (notepad doc)

there are a bunch of 'mp3 audio playlist' files that are named according to date and at the very bottom there is one notepad file. they seem to correspond perfectly until nov 7.

after nov 7th there is only a txt log (in notepad) of the tracks i have played, this part works normally, BUT there is no more 'mp3 audio files' OR anything within the vdj history browser after that date. i need to figure out how to get that text from the notepad into the program again

sry bout the confusion
thnks

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 7:16 pm
They are 'playlist' files.

How many files are in the folder?

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 7:26 pm
oh ok... there was about 300 but i just added about 250 older ones right now (so 550) from like 2006... i did that just to see what happens... any suggestions?

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 7:31 pm
i just took it back down to 338

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 7:37 pm
Group your OLD into folders under the Playlist folder.

After moving the files - does it work again.

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 8:06 pm
no.
when i move the mp3 audio playlist files to the playlist folder in my documents it just erases them from the history browser. no new entry for nov 17th when i play more music (except as a txt again)

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 8:35 pm
was i supposed to move EVERYTHING into the playlist folder?

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 8:35 pm
i guessing the mechanism that converts the music i play to 1) a text file and 2) a m3u file is faulty in the latter part of its functionality. im sure its more complicated then that but there has to be a simple reason why i can get accurate text recordings but no mp3 audio playlists.

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 8:47 pm
SOLVED thnks alot man... i woulda never thought of that...

i just had to move EVERYTHING into my playlist folder (except the txt file... left that in my tracklisting folder). now my older history is in playlists.

then i just hit check and fix in the browser tab of vdj. it had something to do with moving that 40 gigs to the external (dont know what though)... i guess too many file paths were changed... maybe i just uncovered a bug??? lol

THANKS MAN

Mensajes Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 8:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)