Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Numark OmniControl

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Speaking to the Numark rep, this unit has been shipped early from US sources to catch Xmas trade, however due to the rush to get this into the shops, it hasn't come mapped for Virtual DJ / Numark CUE.

So, this is just a post to see if anyone here is working on a map for the OmniControl, or are we waiting on an official update from Numark?

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 11:28 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Should be the same as Total Control, except for the sound card, but MIDI should be the same. Will ask Simon Bangs (Numark UK) and let you know.

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 1:52 pm
Yup... it's not, unfortunately. I have both, I've selected the Total Control, and it ain't havin' it.

I'm currently going through mapping the buttons and I think I'm not doing too badly seeing as it's my first time attempting something like this - could do with some advice on...

...mapping the jog wheels in similar fashion to the Total Control. (Hey, I'd just gotten used to it.)
...scrolling through the browser windows, from folders to browser to playlist. I've found the page select but can't seem to select thru them.
...turning on the button lights when I've activated them.
...assigning the pitch bend buttons (I can find the value for nudging the pitch but not for both + & - buttons)

If someone could give a a few step-by-step pointers, I'd appreciate it. Oh, and as I move through it I'll probably find some other bits I could do with a hand with (I'm pretty technically minded and for the first time, I'm feeling pretty stupid at the mo!)

Cheers in advance.

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 7:28 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Turning on the button lights isn't possible yet when manually mapping a controller in midi.

Mensajes Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 3:52 am
I received my omnicontrol yesterday and mapping the buttons is not so hard. It takes 30 min max and then you can play with your mixer!

Mensajes Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 7:14 am
Hi, would you please share your midi map file with us? :)

kind regards

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:50 pm
ignhizHome userMember since 2008
hi! i'm planning to buy omni control... i was just wondering if you can scratch with omni like the one i saw with vci 300 and NS7? tnx in advance

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 6:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ignhiz wrote :
hi! i'm planning to buy omni control... i was just wondering if you can scratch with omni like the one i saw with vci 300 and NS7? tnx in advance

The Omni Control is an all round good controller, however it is not aimed at scratch djs if you want a touch sensitive unit you should look at one of the solutions you referenced.

If you want a Sturdy easy to use controller with a sound card built in the Omni is for you.

You can learn more about it here www.numark.com/omnicontrol and the NS7 at www.getns7.com

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 2:12 pm
tnx for your reply skyfxl... but, how about Hercules RMX?

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 2:31 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ignhiz wrote :

Sorry wouldnt know about that one personaly as I have never recived a sample, perhaps another user can advise :)

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 6:56 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

ignhiz wrote :

If you want to scratch with a controller, go for the Vestax VCI 100 or the VCI 300 (this one is locked to Itch), or the Numark NS7 (very expensive though) They have touch sensitive jogs.

The Hercules RMX and Steel or the Numark Onmi Control and Stealth do not have this feature.

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 7:08 am
yeah! those are to expensive for me... by the way, can i ask another question?
most DJ controllers have scratch buttons with them right? my question is, whats
the use of scratch buttons if you can't scratch with Omni or RMX? Sorry, i'm new
with DJ controller stuff.

tnx in advance!

Mensajes Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 9:00 am
hey i just bought stealth controller n want to use with virtual dj with all light on.
Can anyone help me in this coz the midi file available in numarks website works fine bt the lights dont work.

Plz help thanks in advance

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 2:07 pm
The lights won't work until native support is offered by Virtual DJ (most likely in the next update)

Mensajes Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 2:11 pm
so when is the next update expected???

Mensajes Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 8:12 am
when its ready - no official timescale. Will have to wait and see - to get the new version as soon as it is released you will need to purchase a license. Unless ofcourse you already have one.

Mensajes Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 5:06 pm
So did OMNI CONTROL get native support in VirtualDJ 6? Anyone tried it with the Mac beta??

Mensajes Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)