Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DISCOVER DJ USB DJ controller - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When I tried to DL the mapper file, it says I cant. When I asked tech support why I couldnt, they said I dont need it. I scan with VDJ 6.0.8 and it only comes up with KEYBOARD and with a MIDI mapper, it will not detect ION DISCOVER DJ. Even if I set it for that , it wont work, so I am spinning my wheels here trying to get it to work. Any ideas?

Mensajes Tue 11 May 10 @ 2:18 pm
I am also having this same problem.

I can choose the mapping for the Ion Discover DJ when I have 'Show only connected devices' unchecked.

It's as if VDJ isn't seeing the device at all. I know Discover DJ doesn't use a driver, somehow Cross just manages to see it connected.

Anyone have any ideas or help on how to get VDJ to recognize this device is connected to my system?

I have the VDJ 6.0.7 trial installed, and I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that affects anything.

Mensajes Wed 12 May 10 @ 11:20 pm
Ok, so after doing some toying around, I figured out that VDJ is seeing the Discover DJ Controller as a 'Simple MIDI Device' and I have to enter all the mapping options into it to get it to work.

Anybody got any ideas on how to work this out and get VDJ to realize the Simple MIDI Device is the Discover DJ Controller?

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 12:32 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Something change your ION Discover DJ SysID and could not be recognize as it fro VirtualDJ.

Could you please tell me what you do and how you do it, when you first install your ION device to your computer? Did you connect it first and after that install usb drivers, did you first install your CD and after that connect your ion device, did you download and install latest driver...

Please tell me what of those you do and in what order to find out which process is messing this and knew it to avoid it.

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 12:28 pm
Here is my system specs:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
3gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Video Card

I'm running Windows 7 64bit & VDJ Pro 6.0.8 Trial

I first inserted the CD that came with the Ion Discover DJ USB Controller
- contents of disc: Install Cross - Discover DJ 1-1.2.9.exe Installer & ENGLISH.pdf
Ran the installer, it installs the Cross Discover DJ Software
Upon first run of program it asks for serial, once entered the ION DJ Controller functions w/ Cross fine

Installed trial of VDJ 6.0.8
In Config > Mappers I am given 2 options: Keyboard & Simple MIDI wrapper
NOTE: When the option 'Show only connected devices' is unchecked I can access the mapper for the Ion DJ Controller

It seems that VDJ is recognizing the Controller as the wrong device. Is it possible this is just a mess up in Windows it self? In my devices I can see the Ion Discover DJ as an 'Sound, video and game controllers' and the driver is the Generic Audio driver from Microsoft
I've searched all over Ion's site for a driver for this controller, and they claim it doesn't need one (which is true because it uses the Generic Audio driver from Microsoft) but for some reason VDJ does not put the 2 together

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 12:56 pm
I've played around & figured out where the XML file for the 'Simple MIDI mapper' is saved, is there anyway I can get the info that's in the XML file for the Ion Discover DJ mapper & paste it into the XML file for the Simple MIDI mapper? Where would I find the XML file associated for the Ion Discover DJ?

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 6:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

If there is no drivers upgrade then I don't know what happen there. Your console has a unique ID that no other midi device has. This ID is issues by VirtualDJ to recognize which controller has connected to the system. If your device is not recognized because it don't match any SysID that VirtualDJ has, then it assigns a General Midi map. The default mapper cannot be access in any place, it's embedded in VirtualDJ Pro.

So, the way to fix this is to find what is your current SysID to check what could happening here.

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 6:51 pm
Virtual DJ is assigning my console the 'Simple MIDI mapper' in the mapper options. I can in turn map my console using the tools in Virtual DJ. The settings are saved (C:\Users\UserName\Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers\Generic MIDI mapping.xml) as an XML file that I can open in Notepad and edit.

I guess I'm trying to find a quick work around as I have a gig tomorrow I'd like to use the controller for but don't have the time/knowledge on how to map Virtual DJ to my console manually.

I'm unsure about what you mean by SysID, see the linked image to see if anything in the screenshot is helpful please: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2527/djiondriverinfo.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 8:09 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WizKidMedia ...

Download this utility -> http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

Run it, highlight (click on) the ION in the 2 right panels then press the Send button.

Post back the codes that are displayed in the big gray area - you can highlight then right-click and choose copy and paste into your reply.

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 8:40 pm
I got the following:

F0 7E 00 06 02 00 01 3F 11 00 19 00 01 00 00 00 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 4E 03 00 09 01 01 49 01 02 03 01 00 07 08 03 F7

Mensajes Thu 13 May 10 @ 9:03 pm
qsodjHome userMember since 2010
i also use the midi trace butwat to do wit that vdj doesnt have the auto learn option now..its action learn..wats up wit that...well any advise would be helpfull tahnks,

Mensajes Wed 26 May 10 @ 10:23 pm
mine has the following output:

F0 7E 00 06 02 00 01 3F 11 00 19 00 01 00 00 00 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 4E 03 00 09 01 01 49 01 02 03 00 08 09 03 01 F7

Mensajes Sat 12 Jun 10 @ 6:49 pm
Can I install the mapper on Virtual 5 ?? I am using osx TIGER thats why I cant upgrate to VDJ 6, can I have the mapper to ion discover intaled on vdj 5?

Mensajes Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 4:22 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
No, the V6 Mapper is part of the program and did not work with version 5.

Mensajes Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 4:39 pm
I'm having the exact same problem that wizkidmedia Virtual DJ is assigning my console the 'Simple MIDI mapper' and when i use midi trace this is what i get:

F0 7E 00 06 02 00 01 3F 11 00 19 00 01 00 00 00 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 4E 03 01 00 00 04 49 01 02 03 03 08 05 03 09 F7

i there anything else i can do to try to use this console with vdj ??

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 4:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which version of the program are you using?

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 2:36 pm
im using VDJ 6.1 trial version

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 10:59 pm
i also downloaded the trial and it shows up as simple midi wrapper

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 10 @ 7:00 pm
this message can be deleted

Mensajes Sat 07 Aug 10 @ 9:13 am
im a noob at this i got ion discover dj and i downloaded virtual dj. only problem is it how do i put them together??? i tried just opening but it wont read the turntables... thanx

Mensajes Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 9:08 pm
82%