Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Virtual DJ Logo in video window in 3.0 - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

checked the blog, now how do we replace the logo pls ? bearing in mind I'm not a computer genius ( or even close ).

john

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 3:28 pm
it is done by directly modifying virtualdj.exe resources. there are many tools but i recommend you to wait for the next release where we all be very happy if this will be solved

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:05 pm
hmm, used the same tool, I thought it will drop an error when the resource is missing,
you are right it works

;-) and it was that simple

respect to djfelixus....
btw felixus seeing you as non licence, I am sure that you planned to buy vdj but this logo thing changed your balance a little, or not ?

I hope there is no protection check for the logo presence and after 2 hours it will play some cool polka song that is encrypted within executable

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:30 pm
but it was said here that this logo thing we should consider as a new feature....

Can you mix without this ?

Whats planned for the next version ?
a cool jingle every 10 minutes or between songs somthing like
"virtual dj really whips paying users ass" ?

ok sure this jingle will be free, as all updates with new features so the jingle will be something else.

And the guys from the darkside will not only have their version free, but hope that crack will not have any logos and jingles. :-( i am not happy

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:34 pm
lol...

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:42 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't understand why some users are so negative to a program that offer much more for less and a team really working hard and listen to us. I have my own requests or thinks i dont like about virualdj (and they are some...) but i always use the new features and bug forums for that.
Just ask and explain WHY you ask, don't be negative.
If you don't like, just go away.
That's my point of view.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:07 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
agree. please have some respect to program and teamers!

Dj Nikki

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:14 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
true but the logo might be a bit much, i mean come on...you really think that a shameless plug during a gig will sell more copies of VDJ? if you serious about digital dj'ing then you can find VDJ. there seems to be no need to let the public know whats going on here other then play some good music and maybe a video. no one other then a dj cares about a set up. i think the team does great work here. maybe a poll should be asked when considering what features to add.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:31 pm
don't take it too serious, it was meant to be funny partially

team has my full respect,

consider it as a enlighted way of complaining. There is always something good and bad...
I think in next version there will be this solved....

I never insult anyone because I believe normal people will find good compromise everytime.

see other thread

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=12679

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 5:32 pm
Quote from the EULA that you've all accepted when you installed Virtual DJ:

3. License Restrictions
- You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
- You may not modify the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software.
- In the event that you fail to comply with this EULA, Atomix may terminate the license and you must destroy all copies of the Software.

Based on that, djfelixus's account has been locked.
lopez453, john london and paulheu, you have 24 hours to write:
I have read the EULA, I'm going to reinstall Virtual DJ, and I'll never try to modify the software.
Otherwise, your license will be cancelled.

Regards

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 7:58 pm
Hey support stuff remove the logo!!!!please

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:04 pm
We have read and undestood your concerns about the logo, and the information has been brought back to the attention of Mr Clavel, but we can't do anything until we got his feedback (which I'm sure will be very very soon).

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:12 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Guys this is serious. Atomix company has every right to pull your license for this. This is no better than cracking vdj and comming here and posting for help.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:16 pm
As i said before i´m ready to pay for the remove of this logo!!!!!
and if it wouldent be and such a stupid position and so big i wouldent be so angry!!!!
BUT THIS IS SHAREWARE HABBIT-OR MICROSOFT maby :-)

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:24 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Some users are just plain dangerous, smart but dangerous.
Not smart enough to post intentions of hacking up VDJ though.......

It's ain't worth it, i'll wait for the decision what ever that is and cough it up.
Just make it go away....

I hope it's by friday, i'm on the road then with no internet until sunday night.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:33 pm
And just for the record, when you use a pioneer dvdj01, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it does display a big fullscreen pioneer logo each time you change the disc, isn't it? (well ok it's not during the clip I know)

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:33 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Yes it does, but unless you are into dead air, you will only see it once when you start up your set providing you are working 2 of them with an Edirol or other video mixer.

I don't think this would be this out of hand if the splash occurred only when no signal was present.
It wouldn't bother me anyway, I can't speak for the other users naturally.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:42 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm sure it could be a problem with some club owners but personally I'd be very happy to see the VDJ logo on a screen in a bar /cluB.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
my club owner said he didn't want it up there at all. We wait till a responce from the team.

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 8:58 pm
Well now-this smacks of a sledgehammer to crack a nut but;

I have read the EULA, I'm going to reinstall Virtual DJ, and I'll never try to modify the software.

Actually I also read on your website "Virtual DJ will play any file that can be played by Windows Media Player ", I assumed that ours was a relationship with a little give and take both ways.

This isn't too difficult a promise to make, as I stated on my post, I'm not a software engineer.

Now may i come out of the naughty corner please ?

John

Mensajes Tue 24 May 05 @ 9:09 pm
54%