Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 8

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i was live in the club last night and got a lot of problems with the MC

win 7 x64 - single output - denon asio driver....
advanced is not working for me..... also not working with the MC6000 driver in advanced...

i had a lot of freezes last night in the club.... and one total crash where i nearly crashed the whole PA! nothing was working and i got only loud bangs/bounces and had to restart the PA.

i have absolutly no idear why i got such problems.... i could not work professional last night, so this night i have to take my VMS4 with me....
is there anything what i can try for tonight? i really want work with the denon and if i got same problems tonight i think i will send the MC6000 back to the shop this week...

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 9:23 am
Silly question but have you tried a different USB cable?

It could also be a faulty unit as I have been running my one with XP 32bit and had no problems whatsoever.

Hope you get it sorted soon

Keith

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 9:51 am
i try to use an other skin for tonight....
yesterday i worked with the vms4 skin, today i'll use the default skin...
also will try internal mixer for 2 deck mode.

can use my VMS4 cable today.... have no time to reinstall windows yet..have to be at the club in 3 hours...
any idears what i can also try?

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 9:54 am
Here are the screenshots of how to get record loopback working. I guess this is WDM mode per my conversations with DJ Homeboy. The advanced config does not actually show which drivers are being used.

The output source selector on the back of the MC6000 needs to be set as "rec out/mic"

This is for 2 deck mode (internal mix)

This is for 4 deck mode (PC Mix)

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 10:36 am
djpr1 wrote :
I've been testing the unit before I go live....and thank god I did.
After an hour or two the controller freezes (everything is lit up but nothing works), VDJ keeps playing thru the channels tho. (INT MIX)
I can stop/play the songs thru vdj on my Mac screen thru the channels but not the controller.
It happened already like 5 times... randomly. Load a song, try to cue it up or simply try to set cuepoint and BAM FREEZES!!
The controller is completely unresponsive, I have to turn it off and restart VDJ in order to get back to business.

VDJPRO 7.0.2
Macbookpro 2.8 ghz 4gb Ram Intelcore 2 duo

I encountered the same problem today during my NYE gig. The controller froze. VDJ was still running. I tried opening up config and rescanning for midi devices. It only displayed Simple Midi Wrapper. I had to restart both the controller and VDJ to get it to work again.

Any idea whats causing this? Any fixes?

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 1:33 pm
Nothing yet, although it may be worth posting your system specs etc. on the Denon forum to let Silvio know other users are having problems. I understand the VDJ team are aware of this and running some tests to see if they can pin it down.

Looks possibly to be an OS issue, seems to have happened on Mac and Win 7 x64 so far.

Keith

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 2:21 pm
I contacted Denon and here is their response:

"It sounds like you may have changed the MIDI channels on your DN-MC6000. To go back to the original default channels (1, 3, 2 & 4) press and hold SHIFT and while holding SHIFT press BROWSE.

Feel free to contact technical support at (630) 741-0330, option 1, if you have any further questions."

I tried this, and spent the last 3 hours playing with the controller with no freezes. Give it a shot.

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 3:33 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I exchanged my Mc 6000 for a new one. So far it hasn't froze. I will continue testing it for many hours before going live.

Mensajes Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 9:40 pm
csmurphy wrote :
I contacted Denon and here is their response:

"It sounds like you may have changed the MIDI channels on your DN-MC6000. To go back to the original default channels (1, 3, 2 & 4) press and hold SHIFT and while holding SHIFT press BROWSE.

Feel free to contact technical support at (630) 741-0330, option 1, if you have any further questions."

I tried this, and spent the last 3 hours playing with the controller with no freezes. Give it a shot.
csmurphy

I remember I did once accidentally change my midi channel by accident. My unit refused to work at all. Spent an hour trying to resolve the issue then I realised I had changed the midi channel, so I changed it back and it worked fine for hours and I thought that was that.

But then a few days later after using my controller for about 4-5 hours, thats when I first encountered the dreaded 'freeze'. I brushed it off as a one off thing, but it happened again yesterday during my NYE gig.

I'll definitely try resetting the midi channel again and hope that sorts it out. Will update again after some extensive testing. Thanks for the help.

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 4:28 am
Another "bug" I have picked up during testing is if you start VDJ with the controller in "internal mix" mode, the positions of the EQ, filter, gain knobs and volume faders are copied over from the controller to the skin.

Internal mix mode should make the MC-6000 a standalone mixer (not controlling VDJ) so these positions should not be reflected in the skin. VDJ should start with all these items at zero.

Keith

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 10:57 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
kradcliffe wrote :
Another "bug" I have picked up during testing is if you start VDJ with the controller in "internal mix" mode, the positions of the EQ, filter, gain knobs and volume faders are copied over from the controller to the skin.

Internal mix mode should make the MC-6000 a standalone mixer (not controlling VDJ) so these positions should not be reflected in the skin. VDJ should start with all these items at zero.

Keith

I have reported this to the DEV and to Denon. I noticed this during my initial testing last week. I have also reported that users who have crackles in the sound should be sure that once they launch the software that the eq knobs are set back to 0. If they are a little off 0 I have noticed cracks and pops. Could be driver related, could be VirtualDJ. We are looking into this :)

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 11:59 am
Cheers Chris, nothing major but worth a fix in the next update.

Keith

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 12:26 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
So far my new MC6000 is working like a gem. If it starts freezing like the first one I had, then I will certainly get a refund. The controller is very solid. My only gripe at this moment is that the jog wheels are so small; I wish it was big like the Mixtrack pro jog wheels. I guess nothing is perfect.

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 12:48 pm
Jog wheels are a great size considering the overall dimensions of the unit. For a compact controller it has a fantastic amount of functionality.

Scratch DJ's that want bigger wheels generally look at consoles the size of the NS7, but that's just too large and not portable enough for me. The MC6000 will fit in a carry bag and is great when setting up in small DJ boxes etc.

Keith

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 12:55 pm
yesterday i was live in the lub again.. but i got a lot of problems agin.... was working with the original skin and the internal mode for controlling only two decks..but then deck was on channel 3 and deck b also a+on channel 3.... was strange i was trying out configs for moire than 30 minutes.. then back to the pc mode mix and 4 decks... again deck a = channel 1, deck b = channel 2........
got feezes again... than 5 minitues before whe opend the club i put the denon away and took my vms4 and had not one probleme 9h gig was working everythin well!!!

is it possible that comes a new firmware and 64bit driver soon?
if not i'll send my denon back in time..or should i try another unit first?

do you have any idea what i can try????

btw... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

dominik

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 2:02 pm
Hi Dominik,

Happy new year to you too!

Both Atomix and Denon are working on this as we speak. It did seem to be a problem with just VDJ however someone has just posted on the Denon forum that they had a midi lock-up running Traktor yesterday.

Both Windows 7 64 bit and MacOS (64 bit) seem to have had this issue. I have been running my one all day with no problems on XP 32bit.

I guess we will have to wait and see what comes out over the next few days but I am quite confident it will be fixed as a matter of priority.

Keith

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 2:11 pm
thank you keith!
okay i'll install a x32bit version of windows 7 on monday and try it out again..maybe its just that vdj + x64 -"bad driver" problem.......
lets see what happens next few days... next gigs are on thursday and friday and it would be great if everything is working fine than....

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 3:06 pm
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ-Evangel wrote :
is there really no option
to use the inner faders for deck a & b

i really want it like i have it with my vms4

fader 2 = deck a
fader 3 = deck b
fader 1 = deck c
fader 4 = deck d

the 64bit denon asio driver is only working when i choose single output
advanced is not possible and i get an error....

tomorrow i'll have a live test in the club...

I've had my MC6000 since last week running on 7.0.2 & Windows 7 32bit, laptop is a HP G70 dual 2Gig proc, 4Gb of memory, Nvidia gfx.

It went out on its first gig last night for a last minute NYE show in a local pub so I wasn't too fussed if I did have any problems as I could easily ride thru them with a media player to facilitate reboots etc. I did manage to loose video control at one point and had a few sound issues though. This is what I found...

First things first, setting it up as per the official 4 deck mode places the channels in the wrong place exactly as quoted above and I would like to know how to set them up exactly as requested above too. The LED meters are far from being accurate and cannot be selected to individual decks, just left 'pair' and right 'pair' (of decks) or main output (which is accurate but no good for peak level checking). PFL is also very ropey for me too.

Because of the above issues, the software mixing does not inspire me with much confidence and also seems to place quite a load on the laptop. I would much rather not use the software mixer on VDJ, but instead select 'internal mix' and feed channels 1 & 4 with stereo pairs from a Gigaport HD card. Unfortunately I can't use the Denon sound devices for channels 2 & 3 and the Gigaport together as I fall victim of the AISO advanced config error which is currently under investigation. Using just the Gigaport on its own to feed four stereo pairs to each channel was my only option and works well as I could assign the decks to the channels as requested above and ignore the on-screen mixer. Unfortunately every now and again I got some god-awful audio quality issues with decks at random. The distorted sound was more like a reverberating poorly sampled mp3 type of sound and re-loading the track seemed to solve it. I did though have it happen mid-song which was a bit of a shock!

I'm not entirely sure what caused the poor audio quality issues but I've been trying to re-create it on my dining room table all day. Betcha bottom dollar it'll only manifest itself as a gig!

One final thing, when setting up the 4 Gigaport stereo pairs in Advanced Sound Config, I could choose which deck went to which pair in the description of the Gigaport but there is also a dropdown at the end that allowed me to choose which 'channels' too. In all cases this had to be set to 1/2 irrespective of the actual channels selected in the description other wise the quality suffered drastically.

On the whole though, if Atomix and Denon can resolve these teething issues then they'll have one of the best products on the market for DJs that work various markets (club, pub, function, PA etc). I replaced an X900 and HC4500 with this MC6000 and vividly remember the issues the HC4500 had on release. They didn't take long to fix and I sincerely hope the same is true here.

Sorry for the long post. Happy New Year to all :)

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 5:26 pm
I agree. The 4500 was a nigthmare when it first was released. It is now probably the most solid and reliable controller available. I hope people have a bit more patience and give Denon and VDJ time to resolve the little issues.

This is a very complex device and I think expecting no problems out of the box is optimistic these days. I'm sure they will all be eventually resolved with driver, firmware and software updates.

I'm still patiently awaiting mine here in Canada.

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 7:23 pm
Hello!
Funny how most mention upgrading from the hc4500 to the mc6000 which I have also done.
Four days w/o sleep try'n to get my 6000 to work without snap, crackle and popping noise almost like when I tried to record my records to CD years ago. For my NYE gig I had to go back to my 4500. Someone mentioned a gigaport... another device I have around here somewhere which I also had the crackling noise when I failed to find an asio to get that thing working.
I have not used the 6000 at a gig and have not had any freezing prob. yet on XP. while testing in my office.
To troubleshoot I installed 7.02 on my old toshiba laptop w/ xp using asio 2.2 and had NO SOUND PROBLEMS. I then tried my backup dell and it had the same popping noise. Playback sounds fine when playing thru iTunes thru chan. 2 of the 6000 on INT MIX.
And YES! Why can't we assign any of the four fader channels of the 6000 to any of the four decks of VDJ... better yet, let us customize the decks to our personal liking, like renaming the decks 1-2-3-4 instead of A-B-C-D and change the colors of each deck to whatever we wish. Now that would Rock! Do we have a 6000 skin coming soon I hope. For Now I'll settle for a ASIO or firmware fix so that I can even use my New Thing of Beauty
DJ Homeboy is try'n! Thanks!
DJ Darren

Mensajes Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 11:21 pm
20%