Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 9

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i 've got 2 bug to say :

1. in 7.4 you can't search for a written Key like "C#m" or "Gm" only the numberkey e.g. "11A"

2. it seems like 7.4 doesn't support shoutcast2, because i had problems to connect to a ashoutcast2 server and it isn't shown on the place, where it have been befor :-/

greets from Bavaria :-)
chris

PS: sry for bad english ;-) i wrote it very fast ;-)

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 1:57 pm
I believe VDJ has never supported ShoutCast 2. It's a protocol that has only recently been introduced.

However it would make sense for v8 to support SC2 as that is a complete rewrite.

So we'll have to wait and see...

That said, you should be able to route the output of VDJ to streaming software that supports SC2.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 2:09 pm
@ Djdad

Thanks for the skin update Djdad m will the 4 deck skin have the smart play padlock too.

Thanks for all the hard work you do , very much appreciated

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 2:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
traumatek2 wrote :
djdad, thanks

'the default 2 Decks skin is updated with Slip mode and Loop Roll'

I've just seen that the free home edition is now updated to 7.4 also :)
so I'll check it out...

Home Free version still uses the old version of the default skins. The updated skins (with Slipmode and LoopRoll) are only available to licensed registered users

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 3:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 3:13 pm
@Djdad wow thank you so much , truly appreciate it.

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 13 @ 3:26 pm
+1

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 3:13 am
Just downloaded the update. I can't wait to see how it runs with my VMS4 and my Denon DNHC4500.

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 6:59 pm
Solid effort guys!!

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 10:27 pm

'Home Free version still uses the old version of the default skins. The updated skins (with Slipmode and LoopRoll) are only available to licensed registered users'

Bah! :o(

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 10:01 am
sum.zero wrote :
nice one, synth. i was thinking of using the vinyl button on my vci400 as well, but haven't installed 7.4 yet. i'm patient. hehe. probably map the loop_roll to a mode button below the button grid and use the grid for loop control.

unable to get hold states working on the vinyl button the vci400. just switches between vinyl and cd mode. works fine if i use another button though. maybe that vinyl button is a toggle switch only?

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 2:24 pm
I'm so slow just went from 7.1 to 7.4 nice! Thanks for the upgrade!! Will we ever have the BPMs listed in the playlist to the right?

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 3:14 pm
Not sure what you mean Rob. My playlists have always displayed BPM in them. You just need to select the columns you want the same as the normal browser in the centre

Keith

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 3:33 pm
I think you are right sum.zero, the vinyl button seems to be a hard toggle so no holding, looks like you'll have to sacrifice another button to have slipmode

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 3:37 pm
Oh wow Keith!! Right click DUH!!! Geez ya think I would have figured that out by now huh!? Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 6:33 pm
Jam Master Rob wrote :
Oh wow Keith!! Right click DUH!!! Geez ya think I would have figured that out by now huh!? Thanks!

you can do a mass BPM update by highlighting the songs in the file that houses all the songs. For example, I use ITunes and it has all my playlist, I would select MUSIC if I wanted to rescan all the BPM's, just high them all, right click and scan BPM's. If you have a ton of songs, do it before you go to work and it may be done when you get back home.

Sorry if I told you something you already knew.

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 9:00 pm
i think i discovered that toggle only thing about the button before when i was working on an earlier version of my mapping. i should probably have made a note at the time... i ended up sacrificing one of the fx buttons below the filter knob.

another quirk that i find annoying is that the pads aren't left/right deck like the transport buttons and fx areas. same thing with the filter area.

oh well, still love my controller none the less.

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 13 @ 10:18 pm
Nice One VDJ, glad to see Mac improvements.

Mensajes Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 3:07 am

'We implemented some new industry-standard actions like "slip_mode", "loop_roll", "slip"...'

I'm guessing one of these is similar to Traktor's 'flux' mode, but could anyone please explain
- the difference between slip_mode and slip, is is that just two approaches for using the slipping
- what loop_roll actually does?

Thanks

Mensajes Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 1:33 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
slip: activate or deactivate a global slip mode, that will save the position on "slip on" and resume where it should have been if untouched on "slip off", letting you do any scratch/loop/effect/etc in between

slip_mode: activate or deactivate the slip mode. While in slip mode, the loops, hotcues and scratch actions will have a temporary effect

loop_roll: do a loop and return to the position it should have been, when the loop is disabled

Mensajes Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 8:54 pm
55%