Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 10

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

made a couple of small updates to may vci400 mapping and submitted v.1.0.2 for review. includes slip_mode [replaced the slipmode effect] and loop_roll.

one observation about loop_roll and slip_mode is that they advance the track even if it is paused. for example, if i turn on slip_mode on a paused track and perform a scratch, the track has slipped on release of the jog. similar with loop_roll, release the loop and the paused track has advanced. this seems like a bug, but maybe i'm misunderstanding.

and one question [sorry for wrong forum], i'm having an issue with my controller refusing to see an updated command in my mapping. it's the only vci400 mapping in the directory, vdj sees the correct code in its internal editor window, but the vci400 is reacting as though the old script still existed. any ideas? where does vdj store its cache for this? thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Mensajes Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 10:06 am
i've also seen some drifting. i'll set up a doubles config and then scratch with slip_mode on deck one and it has a tendency to slip to the second beat. i'm not a scratch dj, so my scratching sucks. it's probably magnifying the fact that i'm not releasing cleanly or something.

Mensajes Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 10:11 am

Mensajes Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 8:20 pm
sum.zero wrote :
made a couple of small updates to may vci400 mapping and submitted v.1.0.2 for review. includes slip_mode [replaced the slipmode effect] and loop_roll.

one observation about loop_roll and slip_mode is that they advance the track even if it is paused. for example, if i turn on slip_mode on a paused track and perform a scratch, the track has slipped on release of the jog. similar with loop_roll, release the loop and the paused track has advanced. this seems like a bug, but maybe i'm misunderstanding.

and one question [sorry for wrong forum], i'm having an issue with my controller refusing to see an updated command in my mapping. it's the only vci400 mapping in the directory, vdj sees the correct code in its internal editor window, but the vci400 is reacting as though the old script still existed. any ideas? where does vdj store its cache for this? thanks for any help anyone can provide.

edit: solved it. there was an incorrect led entry in the device definition file. i'm pretty sure i never edited that so i'm assuming it's in the stock file for everyone. i'll update the mapping with the corrected file, but for those who want to make the edit themselves:

change in right deck leds section:

<led note="0x04" name="LED_FX_SELECT_BTN_RIGHT" default="FX_SELECT_BTN_RIGHT" channel="13" />

to

<led note="0x04" name="LED_FX_ACTIVE_RIGHT" default="FX_ACTIVE_RIGHT" channel="13" />

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 9:29 am
Wow! Big improvement on the look and feel on the Mac side! Thank you so much! The skin and text look great on my 17" Macbook pro. :)

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 11:47 am
Loaded, tested and gigged (twice)... works like a champ. Thanks guys!

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 1:39 pm
Hi guys,

Not sure if I've missed it or not. Can someone please tell me if this new version incorporates native compatibility with the Pioneer DDJSX?

Thanks...

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 13 @ 8:12 pm

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 13 @ 8:14 pm
djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey guys does anyone know when the firmware update for the denon sc3900 to work natively is gonna be available.. can't wait to try them full MIDI

Mensajes Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 12:08 am
New Upgrade! Thanks Virtual DJ. Still The Best!

Mensajes Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 8:35 am
On the Denon SC3900 firmware update, it's posted that it should come out sometime this month.

Mensajes Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 2:07 pm
fndj1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone struggled with VDJ 7.4 and DN-S3700's in MIDI mode? No problems with 7.3 but after I installed 7.4 the 3700's do everything but PLAY! Any thoughts?

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 9:04 am
Yes. Change the platter resolution to 2960 by entering PRESET mode on your units (hold down the MEMO button)

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 11:09 am

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 1:00 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I found an issue w/ 7.4 vs 7.1

Seems the DAC3 jog wheel allows a smooth 'scratch' while moving the waveform - this is in 7.1

In 7.4, the sound kinda stutters or breaks when moving the waveform.

Disabled the colored waves and even turned off the limiter.

Using a generic USB audio device.

Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 2:04 pm
How do I enable slip and slip_mode? My current Twitch controller pads set like this.

var 'mode' 1 ? var 'shift' ? deck active sampler 1 rec & sampler 1 select : sampler 1 play_stop & sampler 1 select : var 'mode' 2 ? loop 0.125 : var 'mode' 3 ? loop 0.125 while_pressed : var 'shift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

I don't want it like that I want slip or slip_mode (will have to try both to see which I prefer). Right now I want loop rolls to slip back into the track at the same place it would have if I had not done a loop roll instead of jumping back to the same position.

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 13 @ 7:01 am
Please do not hijack threads. This one is specifically for the 7.4 release and nothing to do with your question.

Keith

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 13 @ 7:28 am
Ah OK sorry about that. Feel free to move it. Thanks.

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 13 @ 8:27 am
SFLTekPRO InfinityMember since 2011
First of all: I would like to say thanks for the great software and looking forward to version 8. Keep up the great work. One thing I would like to comment is the lack of tools needed to organize your library. Ex: I spent hours creating playlists, but would like to create a backup of them on an external drive, would be nice to right click and save files to disc location. Would make this software the BEST out of all DJ software.

Thanks,

SFLTeK

Mensajes Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 8:01 pm

Mensajes Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 11:12 am
62%