Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 31

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm using a Denon MC6000 on Win7 intel I7 laptop and the audio improvement really stands out. No more audio distortion, even at lowest latency. Great job Atomix VDJ8 devs. The interface skin also looks much better. I still need to spend some time testing out everything, but so far things have been looking better and better with each update. For instance, i'm glad to see the browser file sorting problem fixed with the latest update. However, at initial boot of VDJ8, the last playlist folder I was previously using shows up improperly sorted in the browser still, but when I click on another playlist and back, everything appears properly sorted in the browser again. Also, I noticed the removal of CD audio recording format , but I still notice that the Record_Cut script is still available, so will the CD audio recording format be implemented later? If not, can a script be created to manually cut/split MP3 during recording like the Record_Cut function provided? VDJ8 works great at automatically splitting the recording whenever a switch to master is recognized, however, I would still prefer the ability to manually split the recording. Thanks, for the great support.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:08 pm
record_cut still works, just use a custom button for it.

Just make sure you have recordAutoSplit off if you are going to it manually.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:59 am
djtouchdan wrote :
record_cut still works, just use a custom button for it.

Just make sure you have recordAutoSplit off if you are going to it manually.

I did exactly what you suggested Dan, but the record_cut does not split the recording manually like it should. Am I the only one unable to manually split the recording?

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:23 am
You are correct - it does appear that record_cut is not functioning - i'll report it.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:34 am
Hi, I really like virtual Dj 8 so far. I am having an issue recording with it ...... Any advice?

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:56 am
What's the issue?

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:07 am

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:14 am
Great job, there are quite a few thing that i like. I just downloaded onto my event laptop and I noticed that the download is not from the VDJ wesit. Upon selecting the download for PC I was redirected to CNET downloads. Also, when I went to Config>Options and selected a drop down menu not all of the options are there... WHY?

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:02 pm
The downloads (for new users) have been from CNET for some time, even for VDJ 7.

VDJ 8 isn't in our account areas yet, but it probably will be at some future point.

To see all the options in config you need to tick the 'show advanced options' box.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:27 pm
My Mistake, I was playing around with the Beta on my other laptop and totally forgot. Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:30 pm
I just noticed that on my new download under Config>Options Video>VideoAudioOnly Visualizations, I only have two options (Slideshow and Title) why is that and how do I set the Visualizations?

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:43 pm
anyone else getting sampler distortion ? it only distorts when scrolling to instrument

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:20 pm
Mac?

This is has been reported. Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:03 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Still cannot keep the video crossfader disabled. Must slide to left/right depending on what's playing.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:35 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Mac?

This is has been reported. Thanks.

cool cool thanks

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 8:00 pm
I downloaded the public release version of VDJ8 onto my event laptop today and when trying to set up audio visualizations there are only two choices showing under the VideoAudioOnlyVisualisation, it is not showing my other visualisations and I am in need of assistance.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:00 pm
This is about VDJ8. Good day all. I use Technics SL1210MK2 and an American Audio 10 MXR mixer and I do mainly music videos. Today is the first day I hooked up everything to test. VDJ8, sounds great but music/videos are jumping around and the pitch fluctuates but there was no visible change in the scale. As I was sitting down to type this message, the song ended, I left the turn table running, and then a minute or so later the music started back up and scared the crap out of me. I opened VD7 and played a few songs and there were no problems. I also use a Numark Mix track Pro for small jobs and have not tested that yet.

I use PC, (ASUS Republic of gamers) Windows 8.1,, 32 gig of memory, 3 gig video card and 2 terabits of hard drive space, should be more than enough PC to handle this.

I do not spend very much time on this site, I am not very good at navigating this site but will check back tomorrow to see what you all think. if you reply with technical advise, use simple terminology, I anit dumb but I aint the smartest computer guy in the world either. Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:12 pm
Problem solved. The Visualisations had to be moved Documents>Virtual DJ>Plugins From Video Effects to Visualizations. Close the program and restart it then go to Config and options>VideoAudoOnlyVisualisations. Problem solved.

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:25 pm
jammer77 wrote :
Problem solved. The Visualisations had to be moved Documents>Virtual DJ>Plugins From Video Effects to Visualizations. Close the program and restart it then go to Config and options>VideoAudoOnlyVisualisations. Problem solved.

FYI, stayed up past my bed time to test Mix track pro, worked great, will try what you recommend for turn tables, will let u know

Mensajes Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:57 pm
I am stoked!

The release version does everything I could I hoped for as far as directly playing HD music videos.
I can now throw out my 480 versions of everything. 720p and 1040p -all looking good so far.

No Syphon output until a new SDK comes out, but I was only really using GrandVJ to coverup the low quality 480 source data.

I regret having bought another software (starting with S) in the hope that it would do HD video. It worked OK in standalone mode, so I bought a dedicated controller and tried it out. It choked as soon as I tried to have two HD video loaded at the same time.

I am on a maxed-out MacBook Air. I was thinking that I would have to go for a MacPro or something to do what I want to do. But this Air and VDJ8 get the job done.
I sync videos to the sound DJ for K-pop dancing -actually really hard. I need to search a track on the first bar (unless the DJ tells me or has a computer screen to cheat from), get it loaded and then jump to the place in the song (yes, I know them by heart). Then use the turntable to fine tune.
Lag would suck. High-quality visuals are a must...
With the release version of VDJ8 I seem to be able to jump around wi†h just a tiny bit of a wait for the video to kick in -much better than the beta and quite acceptable. Most importantly the FPS keep up. This is most surprising. I have some really badly encoded files (well did with the Flash video versions). Even in 480 they would lose FPS big-time. This might not be a big issue for image videos, but they are really hard to copy-dance to! I am not seeing any of this, yet.

If you don't have a 1.8GHz i7 with 4GB like me, your mileage might vary.
But I have tried everything out there and VDJ8 is the only one that give me the instantaneous search that I need, a UI that I can customize to VJing, and usable HD video playback.

I am busting to get out and try it in the real world tonight.
I can see the day when the DJ will be gone and one person on one machine can do the whole thing. (Maybe next week....)

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:51 am
82%