Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 32

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

so last night I was told to :

Problem solved. The Visualisations had to be moved Documents>Virtual DJ>Plugins From Video Effects to Visualizations. Close the program and restart it then go to Config and options>VideoAudoOnlyVisualisations. Problem solved.

there was nothing in the VDJ folders, empty, but in my CUE folder there was all the data I used for VDJ/CUE 7, can that be copied or transferred to the VDJ8 folders. Then, what do I do in the "Config and options>VideoAudoOnlyVisualisations" window, do I click something??????

VDJ8 works great with my mix track pro or no controller at all but goes to crap with MXR10 and my technics as mentioned last night. thanks all.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
DJ Hip Hop Cowboy wrote :
jammer77 wrote :
Problem solved. The Visualisations had to be moved Documents>Virtual DJ>Plugins From Video Effects to Visualizations. Close the program and restart it then go to Config and options>VideoAudoOnlyVisualisations. Problem solved.

FYI, stayed up past my bed time to test Mix track pro, worked great, will try what you recommend for turn tables, will let u know

so last night I was told to :

there was nothing in the VDJ folders, empty, but in my CUE folder there was all the data I used for VDJ/CUE 7, can that be copied or transferred to the VDJ8 folders. Then, what do I do in the "Config and options>VideoAudoOnlyVisualisations" window, do I click something??????

VDJ8 works great with my mix track pro or no controller at all but goes to crap with MXR10 and my technics as mentioned last night. thanks all.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
does v8 work with ddj wego?

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:08 pm

Also. Is there some different prices sto install effects bundles in VDJ8??? Copying the bundles into where the other FX are located doesn't work.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:12 pm
Yes - WeGO and WeGO2.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:12 pm
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well for almost a week I've pulled my hair out trying to get my CPU down. I think I got it. So at this time I like it. Wednesday night I hated it. Sounds and looks great. Thanks.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 9:28 pm
What did you do to get the cpu down.

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:07 pm
Rick for me I will be honest my CPU was insanely high then thru updates etc. it is back to where it was with 7. I still run a dual core with 4 gig ram and 8 is runnin flawless for me. I know I am not the one you asked, but thought I would chime in. I am runnin at about 30% now on 8 which is damn close to what I was runnin on 7.4.1. I just gotta thank Steph and the team for workin day and night to make this the BEST version so far.. Of course we say that about every version, but the options and features of 8 are unreal!!

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 12:38 am
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
alot of adjustments in the settings. trial and error. vdj 7 was runnig at 2-5% vdj 8 now is 15-20%

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 8:59 am
Time to move up!new computer new video cards.is really good everything work.thanks....just,, if you like harmonic mixing use other software becuse vdj8 setup wrong key in 8 the 14 files.cpu,video,sound,controlers,are good.i make special computer for this vdj8 and its great!!thanks.like it!!!but can be better!!!! go team! go team!..3 stars the 5 for now.kisses

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:00 am
haven't seen this problem posted yet but i got this 3x after scanning all downloaded content for bpm/analyze
it says "your system has run out of application memory"

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:34 am
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
pezamigo 2 wrote :
... if you like harmonic mixing use other software becuse vdj8 setup wrong key in 8 the 14 files....

pez
try changing the value of Settings>Options&Tweaks>keyDetection
if you have a "Broad range" of music, the default may be OK, if you are a EDM Person you may find the "electronic" setting might prove to be more accurate.

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 5:10 pm
prez wrote :
pezamigo 2 wrote :
... if you like harmonic mixing use other software becuse vdj8 setup wrong key in 8 the 14 files....

pez
try changing the value of Settings>Options&Tweaks>keyDetection
if you have a "Broad range" of music, the default may be OK, if you are a EDM Person you may find the "electronic" setting might prove to be more accurate.

thanks,prez but electronic no work for me,broad range or wide range cover more range the notes.so im still whit mixed in key to do that task.thanks bro.happy mixing.

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:59 pm
Very good on Mac

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 8:52 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Great work guys

Mensajes Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:30 pm
ewitles wrote :
Still cannot keep the video crossfader disabled. Must slide to left/right depending on what's playing.

Has been mentioned previous

Mensajes Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:40 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
nickE10mmDJ wrote :
So, here is my overall take on the new VDJ8 Pre-Release s/w:

The Beatgrid effect doesn't seem to do ANYTHING.

The effects that I use a LOF of the time aren't even available for use in VDJ8, which REALLY sucks since I use them a lot. Examples include (EchoOut, LoopOut and Cut). Once these are re-made in the new version I'll be happy.

Other than these two effects-related issues, I'm okay with the new version. I'm still not 100% clear on how to use some of the new features but I've not found any "problem" with them as of yet).

Great work, overall, guys! The SOUND is the best part of it. GREAT SOUND!

1+

Mensajes Sun 25 May 14 @ 10:42 pm
One more little niggle: the key dashboard / pane (that displays by the on-screen jog by clicking on the little arrows by the key detection) .... This KEY PANE doesn't display on the four-deck VDJ8 skin. In fact, there are several things that don't display on that skin which kinda sucks. I suppose some skin tweakng would fix that. I don't think the filter even shows on that skin. :-/

Anyways, otherwise the app is great.

Mensajes Sun 25 May 14 @ 11:15 pm
Hi all, I just want to say thanks to everyone that's been involved with the production of VDJ8. I'm running it on a new pc with win8 and it's simply fantastic!
Video works fine for me with sonique, but I haven't figured out how to get milkdrop to work yet.
The sample/playlist editor is a dream.
It really is worth reading the user manual and playing around with it.
Just love all the little features that make my job as a dj so much easier and my performance even better.

To misquote an old English saying, I'm like a dog with two "decks"!
Love, Respect and a big thankyou to you all.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 1:39 am
Hello :) Congratulations for this new release !

Even if it is not yes a 100% perfect software, it becomes for me the best one on the market. I will try to give my opinion. Excuse my English, I am a French user ^^

VERY GOOD :

1/ Quality of sound much improved !
2/ Filter quality is good (not perfect, bug good !)
3/ The BPM editor
4/ The new system of samples
5/ The option "gainSliderIncludesAutoGain" which consists in normalizing the track without modify the gain position
6/ Colored waveforms
7/ Big optimization on CPU use. The first consequence is a big improve on the interface fluidity.

IT COULD BE IMPROVED :

1/ The interface seems to me to be complex.
Display too much things by default may destabilize the potential new users. Indeed the currents standards use lighter interfaces.
I thing that the default skin would be more inspired by ones we can see in other widely used softwares. If Atomix wants to get more new users, Virtual DJ must break the previous "toy / not enought professionnal" (not deserved) reputation.
I know that skins will be available later, but 99% of new users will make their opinion on the first images & sensations they will see after opening the software.

2/ Default skin would have to give possibilité to extend browser.
3/ Why not a "Bold font" option for browser ? :)
4/ It would be interesting to display simultaneously 2 sample banks, one under left deck, other one under right deck. Il would be adapted for owner of controlleurs like Numark NS7 II ou Pionner DDJ-SX.
5/ Waveforms in the beat display are not multi-colored. Il could be a good thing to improve this.
6/ I think it woult be a good idea to have possibility to display beat waveforms like this (on the top of the screenshot, sorry for the concurrent software displayed) : http://images.six.betanews.com/screenshots/1225702772-1.jpg (the two wavesform are displayed opposed)
7/ BPM, POI & TRACK editors are not easy to use. I thing the team development is conscious of that. I thing they are already working on improving this point.
8/ It's impossible to stop (or pause) BPM analyses batch.

BUGS I DISCOVERED :

1/ On the browser, when I display the File Path column (in French "Chemin du fichier") and when I try to sort the files by that, files are not well sorted (files are "randomly" displayed)
2/ With my DDJ-SX, the key which allow to reduce sample length by 50% (and the one for extend) does not have any effect. I tried to modify mapping, but it seams the "sampler_loop -1" and "sampler_loop +1" commands do not operate.
3/ When VDJ 8 imported VDJ 7 database, all my cue points were diplaced.

I hope these details will help the team to improve Virtual DJ :)

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:28 am
84%