Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 33

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Guillaume wrote :

5/ Waveforms in the beat display are not multi-colored. Il could be a good thing to improve this.

Why? Thera are only the beats - bass peaks. How would you like to paint it with the colors?

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:59 am
Ludek wrote :
Guillaume wrote :

5/ Waveforms in the beat display are not multi-colored. Il could be a good thing to improve this.

Why? Thera are only the beats - bass peaks. How would you like to paint it with the colors?

I totally agree with you :) In fact, I imagine we could have a less "old-school" display. I admit it's quite useless, It's more for the style :)

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:35 am
Message to delete :) (error on manipulating)

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:36 am
prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Guillaume wrote :
Ludek wrote :
Guillaume wrote :

I totally agree with you :) In fact, I imagine we could have a less "old-school" display. I admit it's quite useless, It's more for the style :)

you can change the waveform color
Settings>Options&Tweaks> coloredWaveforms
EDIT:
it only changes the waveform for the individual track display and the Scratch waveform display, like in VDJ7, but with more options.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:37 am
Hi there, this is the foto of the white outline that appears in the larger video preview window that i mentioned in a earlier post .... Best Regards

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:52 am
I think the sampler buttons should be in colors

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:16 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
The VDJ software engineers are a doing a geat work. However with Hot Cues, should be able to differentiate between Hot Cues on the fly without having to hover a computer mouse over it to see what Hot Cue position is it. Suggestion would be a color option coded Hot Cues or a flag type Hot Cue option where the number 1-6 can be applied.

Regards.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:16 pm
How do I get the playlist to maintain the order I created them in? For weddings we introduce the bridal party I usually have the order already set the night before. I sorted by a different field and could not get the playlist in the order I created it. What did I do wrong?

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:40 pm
sonisphere wrote :
How do I get the playlist to maintain the order I created them in? For weddings we introduce the bridal party I usually have the order already set the night before. I sorted by a different field and could not get the playlist in the order I created it. What did I do wrong?

The newest version will pull playlists up in the wrong order but if you click in a different list hen back to it, it should be in the right order. At least it is for me.

If that doesn't work, simply right-click in the column heading of the playlist and choose "Revert order" or "fix order" or something like that. Can't remember but it's there.

Good luck!

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:07 pm
CatapPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Someone please make a 1280x 800 native skin for VDJ8, there is not one.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
I made one for VDJ7.4.1.

Don't need it with VDJ8

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:17 pm
excelentes mejoras en virtual dj 8! los loops ya no tienen ese ruido extrano, ni los hot cue, fueron excelentemente corregidos, los efectos tambien han pasado a otra gran etapa de mejoria incluso me atrevo a decir que fusionando efectos, los mas profesionales que se encuentran para virtual dj, como el nuevo flanger de virtual dj 8 el nuevo eco y el filtro V2 de TexZk suena PERFECTO al combinar esos tres efectos para crear algun performance, el area del brake speed tambien fue mejorado notablemente, muy parecido al de serato dj o serato scratch! el waveform me agrada bastante pero creo que le falta un poco mas de alta definicion para que logre ese efecto tan profesional que se puede ver en traktor o serato, el sonido tambien mejoro bastante, suena muy bien! el area del scratch no se diga! muy profesional a diferencia del virtual 7, peeeeero.... ahora vienen las partes negativas, al hacer un scratch me imagino que por ser la version de prueba (beta) al momento de hacer un scratch se sube inmediatamente la ganancia y eso produce que sea muy ruidoso al hacerlo, no respeta el limite al que se supone esta el nivel de la ganancia si no que al soltar el scratch regresa a su nivel original pero al momento de seguir con el scratch este nivel se eleva, tambien al hacer un backspin sucede lo mismo, el no poder desactivar el Limiter es otra cosa que no me agrado, supongo despues vendra esa opcion de poder apagarlo o usarlo, tambien me hubiera gustado que independientemente que pudiera uno aplicar efectos al area de master, se pudiera por cada linea, asi como en traktor o serato, o en un mixer pioneer, eso lo haria aun mas profesional como al momento de bajar una linea y tener un eco, etc. el area de los samplers creo que fue un area trabajada tambien me agrada porque encaja mas con el area de los pads en los nuevos controladores como pioneer y numark, aaaa otra cosa que recuerdo en este instante es que el area de efectos no se queda guardada ni configurada a como uno los usa, al momento de iniciar nuevamente el programa se pone todo por default y no se guardan los settings de lo efectos que uno ya establecio como quiere que suenen o trabajen.
EN CONCLUSION: lo que he trabajado con el probando este nuevo virtual dj 8 puedo decir que es un programa realmente mejorado, con algunas fallas pequenas que supongo las van a corregir con los comentarios de los usuarios, corrigiendo esos detalles virtual dj 8 estara totalmente listo para dar guerra a serato y traktor!!! jaja :P creo que es un programa que apesar que es version beta es muy estable, almenos lo que yo lo he estado probando no he tenido ningun crash y el nivel del cpu se mantiene en lo mas bajo, no se me satura el nivel del cpu ni se me presenta un problema en el cual se vea que el programa es inestable o muy pesado, trabaja muy bien a exepcion de los errores que tiene pequenos, va por un excelente camino!

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 11:54 am
Sorry this is an English Speaking Forum

Please post your message again in English or use the language forums at the bottom.

Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 2:27 pm
ScottyGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
First impressions: (more to learn i'm sure...)
1) Running 64 bit Windows 7. Version 8 makes the computer run hotter, fan blowing non stop. Seems to use more CPU? Worried about that.
2) Awesome that we can adjust font size in the browser/side list windows but skin fonts are too small.
3) Having all these lists open side by side really uses up valuable screen real estate. Would LOVE to undock the browser window and assign that to a
hot key to open/close when needed. And/or be able to re-arrange them on the screen to put browser window across the bottom, playlist above that. Then
the "side list" that lives below the browser can actually be moved to the side as the name suggests!! :)
4) VERY disappointed to see the moveable automix points go away from the waveform on the deck. I find the POI editor very confusing to use. I was also
looking forward to being able to change the automix so it didn't fade into the next song.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:08 pm
I have used VDJ 8 for a few smaller gigs and it has been amazing, I'm looking forward to rocking some weddings soon. Can't wait, My only complaint would be, is there an actual skin for the NS7II that will match VDJ8 ?

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:15 pm
ScottyG wrote :
... I was also
looking forward to being able to change the automix so it didn't fade into the next song.

read the manual, for Automix it starts on page 42
but what you want is there

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 10:18 pm
It took a little getting used to the new decks..and the samples window, but WOW this is such an improvement.

Little improvements I've noticed...
1. Key-lock seems to work better..less glitching
2. It seems the virtual controls..specifically the knobs, are easier to operate with the mouse.
3. BPM analysis is quicker...as are lots of things. I assume the complete program rewrite removed a lot of code-bloat.
4. The added colour enhancements to the skin (eg the colour in the various sliders) make things easy to find in a pinch and generally easier on the eyes

But the BEST new things are...
1. Extra cue buttons! Yay for people like me who can't keep up with all those keyboard shortcuts for extra cues
2. Slide-and-hide panes for not only the lower part of the onscreen controller but for the decks.
3. Mouse-mode and tablet-mode...even though I don't have a tablet YET, I can imagine tablet DJs around the world are rejoicing at this very moment
4. Syncing seems to be more accurate. Seriously I am new-ish to this and while I have been practicing, the new VDJ just seems to almost never miss phase when I drop in a new song.
5. I LOVE the new launchpad-esque sample pane....more room for samples, colours and groups...more control over how samples are played...I just believe this will make mixing in samples SO much easier.

The only thing I kinda-sorta miss from VDJ7 is being able to slide the main waveform at the top back and forth and get the same sound I get when I move the platter round and round in vinyl mode. I'm sure I just need to get used to the new motion..or maybe there's an option somewhere...I've only had the program DL'd a few hours and there's a lot more to figure out yet I'm sure.

In short, well worth the wait..and thankyou developers and testers for a job well done!

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:00 am
alguien sabe como eliminar el logo virtual de la pantalla en la version 7 decia hide logo...help!!!!

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:43 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Please try to post your qestion in english.

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:53 am
lagartofreak wrote :
alguien sabe como eliminar el logo virtual de la pantalla en la version 7 decia hide logo...help!!!!

i assume you want to hide the logo on the video screen.
Settings>Options&Tweaks> search for logo> change value for videoLogo to NO

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 5:48 am
87%