Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 34

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Can we please have a black and white (not the monochrome one) waveforms option please.

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:51 am
Hi guys...

Some details regarding the 1806.666 version, I am using it in a MacBook Pro 15” (Mid 2012) OS X 10.9.2, 2.6 GHZ Processor Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 in RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 1GB:

1. The EQ LOW does not work at all, in the config setup is set as 200, 1700, 6500.
2. VideoRandom Transition: Does not work even when the option is setup as yes.
3. How can I launch in a Mac automatic visuals/videos when an mp3 file is charged in a deck? (In win I’ve known is used milkdrop)
4. Lack of an option to place an animated GIF instead of a static logo, en the 7 version I did it with Essential Visual in win

Is there any setup or advise that you would be so kind to give to me? Much appreciated

Regards!

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:35 pm
First use at Live Karaoke Gig:
- Most important! - No Crashes!!
- The sound is awesome.. thanks!
- that being said when I used V8 for the first song, something was going on.. it would fade in and out a little, I switched to V7 for about 2 songs, decided to give V8 another try and went back to it and did not hear the anomaly again and the sound seemed great.
- Pitch bend seems better
- The skin I was using did not have the 25 second until end of song alert. I understand this is a "skin function" now and not an application option.
- Could not figure out how to preview a song without loading it into a deck. I know the skin I used to use in V7.4 had a simple little preview bar below the main browser window.
- Karaoke opinions:
- Great Key Changing ability
- Having a window popup for singer name when a song is placed in the karaoke panel (like V7) would be great; but I know this has already been reported and I can live with current functionality until addressed.
- Singer stays with song when dragged to new position on the list (This was a an issue I reported earlier... Thanks for fixing this one.. )
- Auto load of next karaoke - this is going to take some getting used, would like the option to hit a button to load the next song, but can probably get used to this
- I could not figure out how to display the background image in between karaoke songs, without having to manually turn on "slideshow" (load a single image into a folder, point slideshow to that folder and just have it continually refresh) maybe this is lack of experience on this new version, will play some more with it this weekend.
Probably going to have to look into designing my own skin to get everything just the way I want.

Mensajes Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
RCBAudio wrote :
- I could not figure out how to display the background image in between karaoke songs,...

COnfig->Options tab
setting KaraokeBackgroundImage, provide the path of the image.. e.g. C:\Users\MyPics\MyKaraokePic.jpg

Mensajes Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:49 pm
Just finished messing around with VDJ8 for the 1st time... Sound quality is alot better... scratching sounds more realistic, the layout is cool but I'm not liking where the sampler is maybe I can change that idk I just went straight it lol... hopefully I get use to the layout soon enough to really get a feel for it...

Also only messed around for 30mins but software seems to run slow to me

Mensajes Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:09 pm
EW1-TSZHome userMember since 2013
We use VDJ on a Windows 8 10" tablet in our Dance Studio. Everyone should use VDJ to select their preferred Dance Music during individual training hours.
With VDJ8 tablet mode (or browser grid view) the touch screen is now easily usable!
The best thing is that scrolling can now be done within the whole Window and there is no need anymore to hit a tiny scrollbar!

Furthermore the elements for moving/opening the various windows (Folders, sideview and info) can now be operated by touch and therefore we are able to provide the Automix window (which is automatically loaded by a prepared playlist) for everyone as a Default.

The first impression is, that VDJ 8 perfectly fits to our tablet use case, which is mainly an emulation for a traditional CD-player. But now we can begin using new Features, which our Dance Studio members already missed.

Using the zoom Buttons (A+, A+) everyone can select his prefered view, so we don't miss the full page view of VDJ 7 browser at all!

Thank you for the great new browser.

Mensajes Fri 30 May 14 @ 7:35 am
CKJEEPNPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Overall love love love it!! There is one thing that is a problem for me. If you are using automix and you are adding music to the playlist and you accidentally double click it adds it straight to the player playing stopping the song currently playing. In the old version if you double clicked a song and a song was already playing it would add it to the player that wasn't playing.

Mensajes Fri 30 May 14 @ 9:36 am
Options, options loadSecurity = yes

Mensajes Sat 31 May 14 @ 6:29 am
stevoqxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
In VDJ 7, I could connect a video camera to my laptop and show videos of people dancing on a TV when I played a song that had no Video.

How is this done in version 8?

I repeat this question made on 2014-05-14 cause I only get to see my ugly face on the screen and still can't choose my extern camera. 2014-05-31
;-)

Mensajes Sat 31 May 14 @ 8:10 am
my options options load security does = yes and it is still loading it to the player playing

Mensajes Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:42 am
The load security doesn't seem to work if Automix is engaged. It does work if Automix is not engaged

Mensajes Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:58 am
Eq low reset button missing on deck 2 in tablet mode

Mensajes Sat 31 May 14 @ 7:44 pm
Hi, my first impressions:

+ automix editor
+ font and window resizing
+ video mixing looks stable
+ video effects/transitions
+ audio samples
+ netsearch interface
+ will play at column

- important: missing fast preview [>] button
- important: missing "hide virtualdj logo" for video output
- missing video settings - where to choose video output like fullscreen/window

Michal

Mensajes Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 5:26 am
vrabel39 wrote :

- important: missing "hide virtualdj logo" for video output
- missing video settings - where to choose video output like fullscreen/window

In option settings set :
video logo => no

where to show the full video, its automatic and should choose the one you want.. if not just drag the video window over to correct one, and maximize it (it will be remembered for next time) .. You can also set this in the options, but easier to just have it auto.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 6:50 am
Second impression.... VDJ 8 is great:) Feature to replace logo in video output and many more features are cool:)

Everything works fine for me:) Only song preview controls are little bit less practical, because info box consume some width...

Michal

Mensajes Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 9:31 am

Mensajes Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 11:00 am
gpoint1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello, I have a wish or an idea. with the studio BPM the function of a Shell gives it to use(application), I announce myself announcing(registering) with an other registration name and ONLY Virtual DJ with Windows starts and not other saves which time and resources. If one could insert this in the programme as an option that would be great for me and perhaps to many other(different). Thanks I might take up your time. Yours sincerely, Marc Gutknecht sorry my english is not perfect

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 7:25 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
When you drag n drop a track to any of the VirtualDJ decks if the track name is too long it scrolls. Is there a way to get it to be as "fixed" like the track name in the browser by using browserTextFit?

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:45 am
most skins have a click on title on deck to stop scroll

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:12 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
dj-in-Norway you're the best.

Thank you.

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:18 am
90%