Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 35

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:29 pm
On the plus side, I think did notice an improvement to the sound quality right away :-)

But current issues I'm trying to work thru:

1.) V7 showed both Elapsed and Remain time under the artist and titles names of the song playing. I use that a lot when previewing songs to know how long the intro is, etc. The 2-deck default skin doesn't have that, all though the 4 deck skin does, which I personally don't really care to use. It seems to be only available as a toggle in the upper corner on the 2-deck skin, which is extra mouse clicks and not what I'm accustomed to, a bit frustrating.

2.) I play videos. I name my files like this "Iggy Azalea Ft. Charli XCX - Fancy (Scene Kings Remix) by Grant Smith - 3.41 C - 130". V7 would show me all the info past the dash after the artist's name as the title. V8 seems to break it down into "Remix" for the info in the parenthesis but then doesn't show the rest of the info. The rest of that info is actually important to me. It tells me the source of the video, which I care about, because I sometimes have different version of the same mix by different people or companies. I wish this was back like it was in V7.

3.) I would like to be able to not have the "cover art" display area not show. It could be turned off in V7, haven't figured out if I can turn it off in V8 yet. To me, it's a waste of screen space.

4.) Yay, it can finally record video! However, it seems to be randomly picking a frame rate for the recording, rather than a constant 30 FPS rate, which can make the recorded image look somewhere between a little jumpy and very jumpy. Is there an adjustment for this?

5.) It seems like the internet connection log in is going to be an issue. I don't have internet connections enabled on the laptops I use to DJ for a reason. And even if I did, if I didn't have an internet connection and for some reason the software decided not to let me have access to all the features I use, this would be a serious issue, and not at all appropriate for professional software for professional entertainers.

So, those are first impressions after tinkering with it last night and today. Any tips that can help me resolve any of these would be appreciated! I'm working on it :-) Thanks!

- Added at 10:39 PM: Looks like I solved Issue #2 - It is under the browsing settings as "GetRemixWhenParsingFilenames", I switched it to "No", but the trick is I had to shut down and then restart VDJ8 to get the change to take effect. One down :-)

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:53 pm
Hello,

I'm a german Mac User. I have two Problems with VDJ 8! When i press the "arrow"-buttons in the side view, the music drops out for a moment…. Ok… after the last update this error exist no longer! The second Problem: When i play the Autoplay-list, then virtual dj stops after some tracks the list! You can see the waveforms of the tracks under the deck… And when you activate auto mix, the you can see under the first track the second track waveform… And when i look at this waveforms the second track is empty its only black Background! And then i must press the auto mix button 2 or 3 times, then it will play! its possible that this failure will happen when the shuffle modus is activated! I only saw this failure when the playlist was in shuffle modus!

Mensajes Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:53 am
There are some really cool features that scarcely get a mention in the User Guide....and although I've already posted a "first impression" a few weeks ago, discovering these features is like first-love all over again.

I'm talking about the Browser pane's tab options for BPM Difference and Key Difference.

Picking out what song to add to the mix just got WAY easier, and the difference being able to select music that is in key or close enough is the step-up from a so-so mix to a next-level mix.

I have since looked over the forums to see any previous mention of the key-analysis function, and, while it seems like there were some complaints about how accurate it is, so far it has been spot-on for me.

Mensajes Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:57 pm
Hi anyone know where to set for recoding in 320 kb/s ? in VDJ8

Mensajes Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 4:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Options>search recordingQuality set to high.

Mensajes Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 6:00 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
love vdj 8

Mensajes Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 10:39 am
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Guys,
First off, Virtual DJ HAS come of age!!! Ok may not be perfect but which DJ software is? All have problems which require work rounds but with the amount of different set up combinations which are out there it would seem to be an impossible task.
Just a couple of things which maybe could be sorted out but it's no biggy if they can't as it couldn't be done as far as I know in V7 but what I was looking forward to was the use of the 2 deck automix, not because i'm lazy, but as someone pointed out at the start of this thread "personal trips" automix is great for that.
Now what I would like it to do is not reset the pitch on the deck which it will automix onto, oh and when you are in the automix editor the track which is playing isn't in the editor unless you had all ready placed it into the the automix list, say you have a track playing on deck 1, you put a track into the automix sidelist, click the automix button which loads onto deck 2 but when you go into the editor there is only the track for deck 2, so this doesn't give you the chance to edit the automix between those 2 tracks. Any idea?
Also my set up is a numark DMC 2 and a pioneer DJM5000 mixer is it possible to run both in controller mapping as it would be great to see a visual of the sliders in the screen corresponding to the mixer?

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:52 am
Great job, so far I just love the new version. Gonna do 5 hours of video mix on wendsday to see how everything works.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:54 pm
I have mapped some keyboard keys that works fine and I want to keep. However I mistakenly touched letter "M" and I press "Delete" hoping it would delete recent entry, but now i am left with letter "M" and 'Delete" under keyboard mapping --Key, and under "action" it is Blank. How do I remove only key "M" and "delete" entry in keyboard mapping?

Regards.

Mensajes Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 8:38 pm
Right click on the line, and select delete.

Mensajes Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:03 pm
A Man and His Music

Thank you

Mensajes Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:40 pm
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
dj-in-norway wrote :
yeah but taste is a personal preference ;) can only go one post above your and the guy point out layout as one of the things he does like (and same so on all the main pro dj blogs)
But again, there will be tons of skins to download for own preferences , black, gold, with or without jogs, green aliens or flat ui .. ;) some like water too true ;)

hehe

I know this is old but love the jogwheels on vdj. The controller style look makes me feel more connected in djing rather than im just using a software. I heard someone talk about cover art. Can i add cover art or a logo on the jogwheels

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:30 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes it's possible. But I think you have to modify the Skin for that.

Mensajes Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 3:26 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
djjecky wrote :
Can i add cover art or a logo on the jogwheels

As PachN said...either you modyfy the default skin, or you choose some of the new V8 Skins like the black sheep series

Mensajes Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 3:38 am
Hi Virtual Dj Staff.
My name is Luke Smith. I have been considering Virtual Dj for some time now. I have always been a Traktor user though. I have recently started trying some new software out. My first software and by far my most favorite it Traktor Scratch Pro. I love the stability, but I recently have been having problems with importing songs through iTunes, (My only tech issue). About a month ago, I saw PACEMAKER released. It is a simple and stripped down IPAD app for Djing. I took it to a party and it performed with no hiccups. Additionally, it was released with having access to using Spotify Pro and streaming music to your computer. This feature is great for parties, but you are limited by the Wifi Access and the download speed. The following week Djay2 for IPad and IPhone was released with the same spottily features, with a more flagship feel than pacemaker. DJay2 is a great app. You are still limited by the wifi and download speed. Although with DJay i can use the 4G on my phone as opposed to Wifi ( a costly option). I then purchased the Pioneer Wego. My birthday was in May and I wanted a new controller to provide an alternative to my heavy and cumbersome turntables and mixer. The new software I have been using works seemlessly with the IPAD and IPhone apps. Again, I love Traktor, but the new features of other softwares having unlimited streaming was a huge bonus. Honestly, that feature took my DJ game to a whole new level. I am young, and buying music is very expensive. I refuse to download illegally, but my music library while it is large, was still limited. I wanted to find a MAC software that had the features of a PRO software, with the unlimited Content. Since DJay2 for Mac has not been released, my options were limited. I began scoping out Virtual DJ 8, and with the content unlimited feature, plus being able to expand into video and karaoke in the future was a huge bonus. With the new subscription plan to pay for the software, and the content unlimited feature, for $35 bucks a month I can take my DJ game to the next level. Well so I thought.

I have been running the software in my bedroom practicing and test stability before I take it out on the road. First and foremost, It crashes. As any DJ would understand, if it crashes in my bedroom while testing it, there is no way I can take it on the road. Secondly, the content unlimited feature, works a fraction of the time. I go to a song, want to load it, and it simply doesn't load. After a few songs like this, it apparently begins taking a toll on the software and eventually crashes. Well I thought maybe i should download songs into the Que as opposed to making the software work as hard by downloading them first. Unfortunately, this still fixed nothing. My next issue is the preferences. I setup all my preferences the way I like them. I save them. Once the software crashes it reverses all the changes I have made. I should be able to at least open Virtual DJ back up and have the same preferences. However, I do not. I feel like I am testing a beta version. The software is not stable enough to be road worthy. I am willing to be patient and let the software go through some updates, but my $35 dollars a month for a PRO software, well, it is pointless right now.

I would like some help if anyone has anything to offer. I am not sure what to do, but canceling my membership might be necessary.
Please help me Virtual DJ

Mensajes Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 2:09 pm
I'm posting this in response to my post in case someone reads the forum with the same problems. I went into the command menu of my mac book pro on startup. Installing a fresh version of the OS cleared up my problems for now. Ive never installed a software that required a new installation of the OS, but for Virtual DJ, it may be necessary.
Thanks,
Luke

Mensajes Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 3:27 am
Seriously great piece of software atomix.... Once again showing why your the number 1 DJ Software choice.

Love the fact that you don't need to have a separate video card now to use videos. They place perfect with the onboard intel graphics on the i7. Keep up the good work everyone.

Mensajes Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 4:08 am
This is coming from a guy who switched from Virtual DJ to Serato Scratch Live after purchasing my Denon 3900s and couldn't get the decks to work like my Denon 3700s did with VDJ.

I tested VDJ8 for the very first time today and I had issues and all but a few was related to the software, I think.

I was able to get everything working properly so that I can test it blending similar genres. I tested to see how it would react scratching and for the most part I was impressed. I did notice if the cue point is set to a particular track in the beginning of the song and you move the vinyl back and forth that there's a noise, not a familiar scratch noise but something else. Using the same track with another cue point later on the track where there's music behind the cue point and in front on the cue point this noise is not heard.

The other challenge I had and haven't figured out how to correct it is that when I press the play/stop button to stop the track the Vinyl doesn't immolate what is shown on the screen, the vinyl stops in about 1 second while the screen slows down then stops. The screen reflects the settings that I have set on my decks, 2 second stop and instant start. Not sure how to correct this on the software.

Here's my setup and the settings.
Computer: PC
Denon 3900s x 2 with both decks set at MIDI 1
Denon X600 mixer
Sound Card: Serato Scratch Live

OUTPUT:
Source: Deck 1 / SoundCard: Rane SL3 (Asio) / Channel: 1&2
Source: Deck 2 / SoundCard: Rane SL3 (Asio) / Channel: 3&4

CARD:
Source Deck 2 / SoundCard Rane SL3 / Channel 5&6
Source Deck 1 / SoundCard Rane SL3 / Channel 3&4

Other than the few hiccups I am pleased with the new software.

Mensajes Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 4:11 pm
I Have a Pioneer DDJ Ergo V e till now ive already used Virtual Dj8 in 3 live gigs and so far crash=0
Im very happy so far. Besides that, ive tried while i was playing, scanning a folder for bpms and the consuption of CPU almost none.

;) - Because im Happy

Mensajes Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:53 pm
92%