Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 36

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

been using now solidly for 2 1/2 weeks no problems, linked to a denon 6000 mk2 controller. like all new software you have to learn it, i didnt expect it to work the way i wanted it to from install so playing with settings etc that work for you is the key, no dj is the same we all work differant ways, i have had questions for the forum and my questions were answered.
play around with the software adjust things reset things, it does have factory reset so easily go back to default, im still pitting hours in adjusting things to get it how i like to work, if i moved over to another software i would have the same issues, vdj has come along way and i have used many brands along my time, but this by far (For me) is the best software outthere, it works and it works well, carry on the great work team vdj.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:21 pm
TonNekPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Everything looks good so far. I haven't had a chance to really play with the new version for 2 reasons. First is the simple fact that I can't drag and drop songs onto a deck as I've been able to do with prior versions. It may sound simple or silly, but there are times where I download songs on the fly and its so much easier for me to have certain folders open and be able to drag and drop songs from the folders onto a deck. Secondly, and more importantly, I need to be able to view both the time elapsed and the time remaining. This new version only offers either or. Will this be changed anytime soon? Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 12:45 pm
bitzom1PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Very cool! Been craving a color waveform! The sampler effects that sync to beat are awesome! Adding ones own samples the mixing/remixing possibilities are endless! Cant wait to keep exploring!

Mensajes Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 1:38 am
WOW

That's was my first impression.

Very nice UI although I'm still partial to the horizontal layout (Reflex/RPM style). I might take some getting used to. I can't deny that it looks very clean and sleek.

Of course this is on my backup (windows 7), the real test will be when I load it on my show machine (xp.)

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 5:15 pm
DJ_TKO wrote :
I can't drag and drop songs onto a deck

If you browse to the folder from within VDJ (using the computer view), then you can drag from there.

DJ_TKO wrote :
I need to be able to view both the time elapsed and the time remaining.

There are several skins available for 8 that have this ability.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:41 pm
full80sPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Regards,
Are on track in this latest version, but not yet the will recommend much less video. Okay warn us that we continue to work professionally with 7, so do not fall into the vanity of touch with the new. Much hangs and closes, especially in the video so you have enough machine. On with the 7 and learn from the experiences of those who take risks, to me, on 3 occasions I was very wrong.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 3:12 am

Mensajes Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 6:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Playing at home with the lads (tough crowd) I was trying to show off with some mouse based position wave cue jumping, I was struck with a sneezing fit, quantize saved the day.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 7:04 pm
MASUDHome userMember since 2010
The License Key?

Mensajes Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:32 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The question?

Mensajes Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 6:33 am
MASUD wrote :
The License Key?

Version 8 no longer uses license keys. In order to use the software professionally or with a controller you will need to purchase a license.

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Mensajes Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 8:55 am
Djay_7 wrote :
Looking really slick guys!! Loving how smooth and low on CPU this new version seems to be, and the sound quality is awesome too!!

My only little snipe is the font sizing.. If it's a short file name, then it looks great and is really readable, but if it's a long name, I know it scrolls nicely, but it also changes the width of the font to narrow, so it's not very legible on my laptop.. could use a way to turn this on/off? (might be ok for people with larger monitors, as it's quite readable on my main machine with 24" monitor)

I agree!

Mensajes Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 2:31 am
Remove as a right-cick option in Automix List.

Everything is progressing at a great pace, and things keep getting better on each build. Thank you!

Could you add the "remove" option when you right click on a file in the Automix List? It works fine in the sidelist, but I don't want to have to use the delete button on the keyboard to remove the track.

Thanks again. Keep up the great work!

Mensajes Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 2:38 am
ohshit wrote :
The VDJ software engineers are a doing a geat work. However with Hot Cues, should be able to differentiate between Hot Cues on the fly without having to hover a computer mouse over it to see what Hot Cue position is it. Suggestion would be a color option coded Hot Cues or a flag type Hot Cue option where the number 1-6 can be applied.

Regards.

Agree-good idea!

Mensajes Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 11:41 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
jamzz_the_dj wrote :
Djay_7 wrote :
Looking really slick guys!! Loving how smooth and low on CPU this new version seems to be, and the sound quality is awesome too!!

My only little snipe is the font sizing.. If it's a short file name, then it looks great and is really readable, but if it's a long name, I know it scrolls nicely, but it also changes the width of the font to narrow, so it's not very legible on my laptop.. could use a way to turn this on/off? (might be ok for people with larger monitors, as it's quite readable on my main machine with 24" monitor)

I agree!

It can be turn off.
Just change option "browserTextFit" to (I think) "fixed".

Mensajes Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:02 am
Loving vdj8! Yes there are some bugs to be worked out - having read through the forum, it seems like everyone has mentioned the issues I've encountered. I gotta say that the new way of setting mix points and being able to set a different bpm for the start and end of a song that doesn't have a perfectly constant beat is a godsend! God your software makes me look awesome! ;-)

love it! love it! love it!

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 5:04 pm
What happened to the RSS feature?

Mensajes Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 6:07 pm
I want to make my dj name

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 1:36 pm
love the new look and sound, and the sampler pads luv them.... but where is the record soo i can record my mixes

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 8:32 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
You could manually open the CONFIG and select RECORD or map a keyboard / midi button for it or use on of our new CUSTOM Buttons in the screen. The action to open the record window directely is:

settings 'Record'

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 10:14 am
95%