Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: First impressions - Page: 37

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have Virtual Dj 8 and the Hercules 4-MX controller... I can not use my 12 function buttons properly. On Virtual Dj 7 you could push and hold the buttons and sync them to what you want them to do like Beat match, back spin, beat grid, wah wah etc. Now I can not use my controller to its full functions. I have called technical support and they told me to post in here. Can anyone please help me... I also have had a few glitches where I can use the controller and then it will just stop and then I can not use any function on the controller but the sound will still be coming from the controller. I have had 6 gigs and since I've upgraded I've had problem after problem.

Mensajes Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 9:31 am
Using VDJ8 along with 2014 Macbook Pro 15" (entry spec) and all is working fine. No crashes and Mac is not overheating!. Really like how much clearer the browser is. Ive noticed that there is no time display (real time clock). Found this really handy on VDJ7!

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 3:22 am
Just finished my first gig with 8 and I'm stoked! I use a Samsung ultrabook and mix 4 hour sets. Last week I wiped my hd of windows 8 for windows 7 and figured it was a good time to cut the cord to VDJ7 too. Can't be more happy. I guess it's not a new function but I love using a Compatable Songs filter folder because it allows me to coast for a few songs without resorting to a pre-planned playlist:)

Mensajes Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 2:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dj Dirty Rock wrote :
I have Virtual Dj 8 and the Hercules 4-MX controller... I can not use my 12 function buttons properly. On Virtual Dj 7 you could push and hold the buttons and sync them to what you want them to do like Beat match, back spin, beat grid, wah wah etc.

Hmm i never knew that this was available. I always thought that the selection for the DJC buttons was only accessible from the 4MX skin (with the arrows next to the djc buttons). Actually i tried with version 7 here and even though i was pushing and holding the djcbuttons down, nothing was happening (the assigned action was only triggered). Can you be a bit more detailed on this ?

Mensajes Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 1:55 pm
GOOD DAY GUYS!

I AM USING HERCULES RMX 2 BLACK ED - AND IM USING VDJ 8 "LIMITED EDITION"

MY CONCERN IS WHY VDJ 8 LE DON'T HAVE "SEARCH BAR"? OR WHERE CAN I FIND SEARCH BAR??
UNLIKE VDJ 7 LIMITED ED.. HAS A SEARCH BAR.. CAN BE POSSIBLE VDJ 8 LE CAN HAVE THE SEARCH BAR.. ??

TNX :D

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 11:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Could you provide a screenshot?

The search box should be were it was in v7.

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 2:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Browser Search is not available in version 8 LEs.

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:15 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What? You can't search for songs in a 8 LE version?

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:48 am
djdad wrote :

VERY BAD FOR LE USERS DAD.. :(

CAN BE POSSIBLE TO BE AVAILABLE SOON ON VDJ 8 LE???

CUZ SEARCH BROWSER IS VERY IMPORTANT WHEN SOMEONE REQUEST FOR A SONG..

BUT VDJ 7 LE HAS A BROWSER ??

HOPE VDJ 8 LE WILL HAVE IT :)

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 4:10 am
PachN wrote :
Could you provide a screenshot?

The search box should be were it was in v7.

VERY BAD :(

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 4:34 am
djdad wrote :

What? Being able to search your library for tracks is an essential part of DJing.

LE versions can't search? Really?????

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 3:48 am
If that is true then it's pretty shit to be honest. Kinda forcing a paid upgrade to Pro.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:34 am
One of my friends turned up with a new Laptop asking how he can get VDJ 7 back on his laptop as his mate had put VDJ 8 on to it. My suspicions proved to be right, he has a cracked copy of 8 put on a new Laptop which is way behind on updates so I pray all cracked copy's will seize up one evening . I told him to buy VDj 7 if he is serious about gigging in public.

I am still using 7 for my gigs and update 8 each and use it at home . How stable is 8 now for general purpose. ?

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 3:41 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I wonder if the Home version allows a search. Maybe I'll go build a PC to find out (running ones already have Unlimited).
I also wonder what the benifit is to not having a search. I don't think that would motivate someone to go pro as much as it would frustrate them. I'm curious where the logic or reasoning is for that choice.

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 1:00 am
CONGRATULATIONS! (sorry for shouting:)
I would just like to thank the Atomix team (all the way back to '96) for their visionary work on this product, I seriously believe that you have created the best dj software that any "Disk Jockey" could wish for, but, of course that is only my humble opinion.
I have used VDJ8 since it came out, almost a complete wedding season and it hasn't let me down once! All of the problems that I have had/experianced were due to my lack of understanding/ignorance and not the software itself.
I'm still only slowly beginning to understand the vast complexity of this thing (please understand me correctly, I one of those old guys that types with two fingers and can't even figure out how excel works yet)

If I ever see any of you on my dancefloor I'd give you a really big shout and probably buy you a beer, or two ;)
Thanks ... Keep up the good work.
ps. posted in first impressions as I really do feel that I discover something new in 8 every day

Mensajes Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 5:51 pm
To be honest, I've been trying the VDJ8 for a while now, and I have to say that for an entirely 'new' build version... it has been extremely disappointing.
Don't get me wrong. I've loved VDJ since I started in the business as I have not found ANY programs capable of getting me my clients' song requests seamlessly. That is, on the VDJ7, at least.

Now, with the new VDJ8, I have experienced sampler-running misconnects, skipping in loading while already in play, interface/skin bugs with my mixer, and inability to shift my loop. Frankly, half of these issues were things that were blocked in the LE edition that came with my mixer and made me decide to upgrade to full.

Thumbs down. I will NOT be risking my reputation as an artist with a clearly crude piece of software. Frankly, it's offensive to those of us who have been with you so long by having us do YOUR Alhpa testing. Why do I say Alpha testing? It's not a matter of a few bugs, VDJ- it's very fundamental issues in the artistry and functionality of the program. If I were a shareholder coming to you for the first time and seeing VDJ8, I would be not only embarassed, but I would be selling my stock. "If VDJ8 is so bad, then VDJ7 must be the pits," stockholder-me might say.

The best courtesy you've done for us is allowed us to keep VDJ7 with ContentUnlimited supports. If you had taken that away, I'd be out of business for a while looking at your competitors' software and not being the type of DJ that I personally feel called to be.

To summarize my experience with VDJ8... unless it's AT LEAST able to do what we had before PERFECTLY, then I have no more to say. Shame on you for releasing something 'new' and only giving us authentic Brazilian wine. (As a matter of fact, I challenge you to go and get some imported Brazilian wine and try some, then you'll know how I feel about VDJ8).

Mensajes Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:18 am
So far I'm enjoying the VDJ 8!!! Getting familiar with the new features. Love The Sampler!!! Working good for me.

Mensajes Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 9:52 am
TearEmUp wrote :
@Keith, drop and drag the order for things in the browser. It's pretty sweet.

i agree as well

Mensajes Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 12:24 am
The sound is much much better then v7 ! v8 I think is a better than traktor .
with Virtual dj give the clearer sound you can here more clearer cinbals comparable to traktor
I have played 2 same tracks in those programs ,and had test with older tracks + virtual dj does not give you fatigue and deafness which is most important you can listening or playing all day long and it's still sounding the same clear and punchy ( very clear ) and custom buttons really good feature unbeatable, easy browser it's really the best : samples,side list etc . as well unbeatable !
Thanks to Virtual dj team , well done !

Mensajes Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 9:58 am
webedgePRO InfinityMember since 2010
keep up the good work! Love it so far!!!

Mensajes Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 2:28 pm
98%