Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: stanton scs1d & scs1m VDJ8 - Page: 7

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
emu_cz on the stanton forum shared the program with me, its winxp only, now I will have to get a firewire adapter to my pc and install winxp! it will be a quest...

if anyone needs this program PM your email,and I will share

have you tried over wine?

Mensajes Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 7:47 am
it has to be a winxp machine,not a virtual winxp environment, anyway I tried install winxp bootcamp on my mac,but then the utility wont detect the mac onboard firewire card,I guess it will only work on a pc with a dedicated firewire pci card....

Mensajes Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 9:15 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
it has to be a winxp machine,not a virtual winxp environment, anyway I tried install winxp bootcamp on my mac,but then the utility wont detect the mac onboard firewire card,I guess it will only work on a pc with a dedicated firewire pci card....

ok, just guessing that with wine that is not a virtual environment it could work, good luck......

Mensajes Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 9:45 am
ok just resetted the ID from my units, looks like I forgot to install the SCS drivers for winxp bootcamp SMH.... now I have 2 decks connected! gonna start to pratice some beatjuggling!! I see that from default decks automatically asume left and right controlled decks; deck left controls decks 1,3,5 and deck right controls 2,4,6 how can I remove deck 5 and 6??I just want to use 4 decks...
thank you

Mensajes Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 5:40 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
ok just resetted the ID from my units, looks like I forgot to install the SCS drivers for winxp bootcamp SMH.... now I have 2 decks connected! gonna start to pratice some beatjuggling!! I see that from default decks automatically asume left and right controlled decks; deck left controls decks 1,3,5 and deck right controls 2,4,6 how can I remove deck 5 and 6??I just want to use 4 decks...
thank you

Good to see your problem is solved.

To have 4 decks instead of six, it's based on the skin, if you use the default vdj 8 skin, it has a switch for that, but if you use something different, i think you should edit the skin xml file.....

Mensajes Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 8:43 am
yes , I think it was something related to the skin, I was testing default skin with 6 decks,then swaped to DennYo 4D skin, after a restart I got 4 decks, 2 on each scs1d deck...
thanks for the tips djmicron

please Atomix Support give us the SCS1d Tempo Fader+Platter rotating Speed!
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 10:36 am
Hello today I edited the SCS1d mapping and added the Slicer FX to the Pads, same concept as the default Loop Roll FX on the decks Pads, each Pad actives Slicer FX button 1,2,3 and 4 ; 5,6,7 and 8 are out...
I posted on the Add-On section mappings for the SCS1 system, about 2 weeks ago (like djdad advised), but the files are not available yet... when will my mapping be available??? I wanted to update the new (slicer) mapping to share with VDJ users.
thanks

edit: having alot of fun with my pair of SCS.1d decks, mixing, juggling, scratching with no issues, no pitch drift, both decks stay in sync when cloning decks or when mixing tracks, I'm really impressed! (using build 2003)
please Atomix Support work on the SCS1d platter speed+Tempo Fader; the issue when hitting Play and holding the vinyl, and the stutter/jitter issue when holding the platter still(it just needs a little more tweaking!!)
I want to finnally go LIVE with VDJ8!!!!!all these small issues are still holding me back.....
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:33 pm
thanks djdad, I guess I have missed it.

Mensajes Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 4:47 pm
new build 2029:
issue when hitting play while holding the scs1d platter,track skips a bit
issue when using hotcues/cue or backspins,tracks skips a bit scratchwave and audio get off sync (mac/osx) (can replicate this bug using only the mouse)
issue when holding scs1d platter still, some jitter/stutter
issue when cloning decks,not in sync
back to build 2003...with static noise...

please Atomix Support work on the SCS1d platter speed+Tempo Fader;
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 9:50 am

Mensajes Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 12:29 pm
"issue when hitting play while holding the scs1d platter,track skips a bit" - found the problem! been testing older builds,and found that I had RampStart at 0.2 / RampStop 0.4 to simulate the analog turntable, I always had RampScratch at 0.0,so I tought this would be enough to avoid any delay/latency on the platter, but looks like I must also have RampStart also at 0.0, this way there is no track skipping at play/rampstart while holding the platter... sorry Atomix Support,my bad.... but this did not solved the scratchwave drift on 2021>2029 as I first tought.

new build 2029:
issue when using hotcues/cue or backspins,tracks skips a bit scratchwave and audio get off sync (mac/osx) (can replicate this bug using only the mouse)
issue when holding scs1d platter still, some jitter/stutter
issue when cloning decks,not in sync
back to build 2003...with static noise...

please Atomix Support work on the SCS1d platter speed+Tempo Fader;
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 3:56 pm
well... I gave b2029 another try,cuz I hate hearing the static in b2003,and who know!s? turns out that the rampstart set was my issue... SMH! I guess sometimes on my testings I get lost with so many options/tweakings.... good news!! no more scratchwave drift!! but I guess something changed in build 2021 or other to have this different ramp up behaviour, I kept the "RampStop" at 0.2, the sticker drifts anyway on 0.0,so I like to hear that analog stop sound.

Mensajes Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 7:03 pm
Hi, just bootcamped my macbook with win7, there is still some stutter jumps ,now and then, when holding the platter still, but I'm really impressed with the sound on slow scratches, is much better on windows os, but now I'm having a problem,when the platters are rotating, every 7/8 seconds the tracks stop like a touched the vinyl, I already switched the 1134 FW drivers to Legacy mode,but still have this problem, HELP!!

Mensajes Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 10:30 am
did some more testing and the problem is not related with the motorized platters,I tested with the onboard soundcard and 2xSCS1d+SCS1m all has midi only,and the stop issue doenst happen, but somehow couldnt get sound from any onboard outputs... then I tried with a NI Audio2DJ (wdm or asio drivers) and the tracks stopping also happen ,but takes like 30 secs, anyone can please help?thank you.

Mensajes Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 12:00 pm
did some more testing and the problem is not related with the motorized platters,I tested with the onboard soundcard and 2xSCS1d+SCS1m all has midi only,and the stop issue doenst happen, but somehow couldnt get sound from any onboard outputs... then I tried with a NI Audio2DJ (wdm or asio drivers) and the tracks stopping also happen ,but takes like 30 secs, anyone can please help?thank you.

Mensajes Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 12:06 pm
hi, i'm testing with build 2048 on windows and i can't reproduce your problem.
Have you tried with a clean configuration, without custom mappings etc. ?
I have had a similar issue with mixxx when both scs 1d controllers were set to the same deck, or it can be a problem with the firewire latency that can be set over the darouter panel.
I have sent you a private message reporting my configuration.

Mensajes Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 10:15 am
thanks for the tips djmicron, but I believe you are using a windows pc/laptop machine, with firewire boards/pcimia, I have bootcamped a macbook so I think the results are not exactly the same.
after a clean OSX 10.7 install (1st time I did it on my macbook!tought they where indestructable), the slow scratches sound much better now, set skin FPS to 18 and video to 20 FPS (thanks djjohnnyrox) ; VDJ8 runs much more smoother,no stutter,except when analyzing many tracks, in win7 the analyzing process is perfect, no stutter, CPU can go all up to RED with no sound distortion (just like 1845 did on osx), so I get to the conclusion that is OSX 10.7 issue.
VDJ Support did a fix for OSX 10.10 on build 2048, please work on the OSX 10.7 issues,please.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 5:17 am
new build 2059
after a few mins mixing/scratching, vdj8 freezes for a milisec, after that I have some lag on scratch response.
cloning decks still not fixed (cloned deck is 1/2 beat behind original track), also cloning decks does not copy cue point or loops
scratchwave drift bug still happens with pitch quality 1 or 2
deleting actions crashes VDJ8 on OSX 10.7 (playlists,tracks,folders,midi mappers)
analyzing tracks process takes too much CPU, causing distortion/stutter on OSX 10.7
looking forward to the stanton scs1d tempo fader+platter speed
thank you

found a bug: load a track with a saved loop(at end of track), arm that loop, so the track doesnt stop playing at end, play the track from beggining,then if I touch/hold the vinyl the track jumps right to the armed loop at the end, pitchbend using the platter or even scratch forward(forward spin) its fine,only if I stop/hold the vinyl or backspin the track jumps to the armed loop. I dont think its suppose to work this way...

Mensajes Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 4:02 pm
"Fix file deletion crash on Mac OS X 10.7" - confirmed! the issue with VDJ8 freeze+Lag also gone, thank you so much Atomix!
analyzing tracks process takes too much CPU, causing distortion/stutter on OSX 10.7 (this does not happen on win7 or build1845 osx 10.7)
cloning decks still not fixed for motorized platters, also cloning decks does not copy cue point or loops
saved loops bug still happens
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 1:27 pm
82%