Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Automix Start and End points

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

I've read a lot on these forums about the removal of direct movement of start and end points while in automix, and replies pointing people to the new automix editor. To me they are for different purposes, the automix editor is very detailed and great if you want to delve into it's complexity, especially while creating a playlist in advance. The simple mouse over, turn green and drag movement of start and endpoints was fantastic and a much simpler control while doing things live. Even worse, the simple start and endpoints are actually shown in 8, it's just you can't move them!

Has there been any explanation of why this simple functionality has been removed? If it is being considered for re-addition in the future, given the apparent demand?

If it is not to be re-added, how long is support for version 7 to continue? I need to know how long I have before I have to find another tool that meets my day-to-day requirements..

Laurie

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 8:02 am
If you speak of normal Automix points - they are still available. Open the POI Editor (rightclick a track) and select the field to show all points (2nd selection).

There are points for the different mixes like fade, cut, ...

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 8:08 am
We know of that but it will not allow you to edit the automix points

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 12:25 pm
i move the points all the time in the poi editor?
make sure u turn on show all

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 6:41 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
He doesn't want to use the POI.

He wants to hover over the white marked area of the automix deck indicating the mix positions and just drag&drop it to another position.
Just like it was in v7.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:21 am
Whats the trick?
I use the fade mix and find the "mix fade in" and "mix fade out" , I adjust the points to where I want, close the POI window, load song into automix and it mixes on the same points it originally did. Is there a "save" button or a step I am missing?
Rusty

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:52 am
I have a issue with setting a automix point on a song already playing ( once it has played for appox. 1 minute the automix adjuster window looses the current song playing )
Example I have a long song playing ( ex. song length is 4.37, some random issue pops up & I have to walk out of the booth, If the song has already played past the 1 min marker I can no longer set the auto mix point on the live track )

Is anyone else having this issue??? or is there a setting i'm missing??? This happens to me multiple times a night

Mensajes Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 6:04 am
Until we are able to slide the beginning and end points, i created a button on the deck called mixnow and when i want to change it i just hit the mix now button. On each deck there are buttons under the two buttons labeled slip and vinyl. All the buttons below that can be customized. Just right click on them and you can get a list of all the things the buttons can be customized as. I labeled my first one mix_now. So until they give us the option to drag the endpoint i will use this. I can mix out of the current playing song at any point. Thanks atomix for all the work you guys are doing.

Mensajes Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 2:42 pm
ahinxPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How do I lower the speed of the mix_now feature?

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 11:31 am
wynchesPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Very well said Laurie.
Atomix please bring back "The simple mouse over, turn green and drag movement of start and endpoints"

And now that I understand there is an inbuilt feature within V8 to run automix playlist using two decks, one can pre-listen the other deck and drag the green line to exactly where you want the mix.

This is by far an easier way to control mix points during a live show.

Mensajes Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 3:08 pm
"The simple mouse over, turn green and drag movement of start and endpoints"
That's exactly what we need back. I will just go back to the version 7.4 until this function gets back to the version 8. It was actually the only function I was using most. Please get the function back.

Mensajes Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 7:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Open the automix editor all that type of stuff is possible from there.

Mensajes Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 8:06 pm
Partyman wrote :
Whats the trick?
I use the fade mix and find the "mix fade in" and "mix fade out" , I adjust the points to where I want, close the POI window, load song into automix and it mixes on the same points it originally did. Is there a "save" button or a step I am missing?
Rusty

Hi Rusty,
Which of the fade mixes do you use?
as far as I have managed to find out thru a lot of trial and error, the POI's "mix fade in/out" only work with remove intro/outro mode. It's easy to test;
throw 2 songs into automix, open the poi editor for the first track and move the different exit poi's around, when in remove intro/outro mode you'll see the mix point in the main waveform moving only when you move the "fade exit" poi!
And I think that we're gonna have to find our own way thru this mess. I read a post somewhere from a staff member saying that all the answers are on page 61 of the manual, then he said that there are 6 automix poi's(as if reading it from somewhere)
Bazinga ... there are 8, if you take the time to find them all!

Mensajes Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 1:35 am
djyeah45 wrote :
"The simple mouse over, turn green and drag movement of start and endpoints"
That's exactly what we need back. I will just go back to the version 7.4 until this function gets back to the version 8. It was actually the only function I was using most. Please get the function back.

I really miss that function too. Exactly as it was in VDJ 7.

Mensajes Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 5:44 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 12:50 am
hi
i cant find how to use the auto mix. It told me i needed to up date it even though ive already got 8 so i updated it and now i cant find auto mix can anyone help
thanks,
Ellie

Mensajes Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 9:39 am
Mr. RodHome userMember since 2015
Hey!! I was having a hard time with the same issue, how to use the automix POI, what i did was to erase all the existing POI of the selected song, (be sure "show all" is selected) and create a new automix point with the option mix full start point, and a second one for the end...

That worked for me!!

I dont think is a problem with the version!!

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 5:37 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
elliebrownexx wrote :
hi
i cant find how to use the auto mix. It told me i needed to up date it even though ive already got 8 so i updated it and now i cant find auto mix can anyone help
thanks,
Ellie

Check out page 42 of the user guide

Mensajes Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 12:46 am
I found the solution on Virtual DJ 8

Go to the POI Editor of the specified song and go to the 'Mix "Full" Exit' option and edit the point to where you want the song to exit. This sets the cue for the "Remove silence" Fade option. Depending on the fade length, you will set it accordingly. I hope this helps

Mensajes Mon 09 May 16 @ 2:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)