Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: timecode (OFFICIAL THREAD) - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ok, the previous timecode thread being thousand-messages long, time to open a fresh one.

For the previous builds before the BPM show in UK, we brought the timecode to a point that was more or less satisfactory to everybody.
But of course, "more or less" is not good enough, despite the very good press it got.
So we continued working on it.
We just release as public beta a new build (b1996) with more work poured into the timecode engine.

Mostly, the pitch-slider algorithm was rewritten.
It should now be both faster and more stable, and ignore all pitch bend (when you brake or speed up the record with your hand), while following only the turntable slider.
Still, if it's not fast enough for you, and you dont mind the pitchbend, you can disable "timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend" in the options, to get an even faster algorithm (but that will also follow pitch bends).

The graphic interface in the config has been rewritten too, to make it more simple and streamlined.
It now has a simple "calibrate" button that automatically detect the type of timecode and correct any problem it will find (like if you plugged your stereo cable inverted, or if you wired your needle with the + instead of the -, etc).

Also, we changed the "smart" mode, to be more simple.
Now, a needle-jump in smart mode will always be relative (except if you jump back to the first 1mn of the vinyl, in which case it's absolute).

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:49 am
Timecode CD (TVC With Serato Sound Card And CD) at the beginning of the song it takes off really quick the pitch goes up and down.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 2:07 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Timecode cd pitch is very stable here, have you calibrated the timecode ?

Note : Even cd players have some "Wow and Flutter" effect, if you check the real time pitch reading in TC config you can see that.
Of course vinyl (or tape) have much more.
But VirtualDJ pitch algorithm does great job to stabilize and show an average pitch instead.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 2:57 pm
Calibration working fine here, the software looks more sophisticated and industry standard now in terms of timecode cd but I haven't tested it properly as yet

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:13 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It used to be recommended to use another manufacturers TCD, is that still the case? Or has the VDJ TCD been improved as well?

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 1:04 am
To the Dev team
Ok found something strange with the pitch in timecode vinyl when I put keylock on it is so easy to mix a track it stay in sync with the other track but I can not keep it that way because I am a scratch DJ on keylock the scratch does not sound good.but when I turn off keylock it is so hard to mix in a track it like when I am mixing in the track and try to keep it in sync with the other track the song that playing and I am mixing in it go off then come back then go off it hard to explain and I try every setting for timecode pitch control is this a bug Dev can u help me on this issue ?.

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 1:59 am
angelt99 wrote :
To the Dev team
Ok found something strange with the pitch in timecode vinyl when I put keylock on it is so easy to mix a track it stay in sync with the other track but I can not keep it that way because I am a scratch DJ on keylock the scratch does not sound good.but when I turn off keylock it is so hard to mix in a track it like when I am mixing in the track and try to keep it in sync with the other track the song that playing and I am mixing in it go off then come back then go off it hard to explain and I try every setting for timecode pitch control is this a bug Dev can u help me on this issue ?.

Not just a time code issue, I have this problem using my controller, I have to keep bending pitch, this is caused by some songs not being analyzed properly, incorrect BPM or beat brid. What is your pitch quality set to?

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 5:13 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
angelt99 wrote :
To the Dev team

Not just a time code issue, I have this problem using my controller, I have to keep bending pitch, this is caused by some songs not being analyzed properly, incorrect BPM or beat brid. What is your pitch quality set to?

Pitch quality set to is 1

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 5:17 am
Recommended pitch quality for scratching is 2

Edit, got it wrong way around. 1 is better for scratching not 2

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 5:54 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Pitch Quality 1 (better performance) is best for scratching, both timecodes and controllers.
Pitch Quality 2 (better sound) is better for general use (mixing).

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 6:10 am
OK something wrong with timecode vinyl i was just doing some battling routine i usually do this with serato so i decided to try it with virtual dj 8 and when i am going back and forward left & right and i release the track it start very slow on both sides then pick up again in serato i do not have this problem.so the problem i am having is with the pitch control and going back and forward to do trick the timecode vinyl start slow when i release it

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 12:20 pm
angelt99 wrote :
OK something wrong with timecode vinyl i was just doing some battling routine i usually do this with serato so i decided to try it with virtual dj 8 and when i am going back and forward left & right and i release the track it start very slow on both sides then pick up again in serato i do not have this problem.so the problem i am having is with the pitch control and going back and forward to do trick the timecode vinyl start slow when i release it

Like said on the other thread, put timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend back to yes, why did you put this to no? that's exactly what this option is for.
Unless I didn't understand you correctly.

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 6:32 pm
sclavel wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

Like said on the other thread, put timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend back to yes, why did you put this to no? that's exactly what this option is for.
Unless I didn't understand you correctly.

ok i will but it back to yes but it was happening both way let me but it back and test it i will let u know be back.but thanks

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 7:18 pm
Whoah!
2003 is the first version I might dare to use on a gig. Thanks for the work you put in!
I still get some seemingly random weird behavior like skipping all through the track when scratching (but way less than the last time I tried) and in relative and smart mode I obviously need to set the needle a few centimeters away from the point where I turned TC off or otherwise it still skips or bends the pitch.

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 3:46 am
inDOKnito wrote :
Whoah!
2003 is the first version I might dare to use on a gig. Thanks for the work you put in!
I still get some seemingly random weird behavior like skipping all through the track when (but way less than the last time I tried) and in relative and smart mode I obviously need to set the needle a few centimeters away from the point where I turned TC off or otherwise it still skips or bends the pitch.

Try to do a factory reset.that should help it help me with the weird behavior and skiping. It help me

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 5:47 am
angelt99 wrote :
Try to do a factory reset.that should help it help me with the weird behavior and skiping. It help me

Do you have mappings? If so: Did it still work after restoring your mappings?

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 8:13 am
Still having pitch fluctuations of 0.7 while I don't touch the record & my strobe on my 1200 stays nicely at +-0%

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 9:12 am
i can't get my timecode to play. now that i did the new update, i'm using the vms4.1 please help me i know my sittings are right!

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 12:23 pm
i get it! no need for help thanks

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 12:46 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
angelt99 wrote :
inDOKnito wrote :
Whoah!
I still get some seemingly random weird behavior like skipping all through the track when (but way less than the last time I tried) and in relative and smart mode I obviously need to set the needle a few centimeters away from the point where I turned TC off or otherwise it still skips or bends the pitch.

Factory reset will only help one part.

There is a bug when you Turn on/Turn off timecode control -
Example if your needle is dirty and your turn off TC control to clean it, then put back the needle on the record and put back on timecode control - vdj will jump.

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 11:47 pm
22%