Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: NEW! Pioneer XDJ-RX all in one DJ system with 7" screen - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

alienwaredj wrote :
Will this work without Rekordbox ??

does it have qwerty input screen?

I imagine it will work without scanning tracks in Rekordbox first, but you'll get slightly less functionality.

It'll certainly do bog standard playback without needing Rekordbox if your tracks are already tagged so they can be searched.

On the subject of searching, there's a 'search' mode which presents alphabet chars along the bottom of the screen and allows you to scroll and press to select one at a time.

Not as fast as a keyboard but better than nothing.

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 6:13 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Played a bit with the XDJ-RX and i have to say i really like it as standalone.... BUT....

as i was told it's useless for me at the moment. only Midi, no Hid.

Means...
- no display from VDJ
- only Midi, no HID Support
- Midi only from Hardware to Computer - so no Leds could be activated from within VDJ

So useless for my kind of usage - really a nice stand allone device.

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 3:00 pm
ha,you're all right and you're all wrong.there is something for everyone.but every manufacturers will jump on this screen train soon enough.but only one screen? man they've messed up allready,how is one screen better than two? duh!

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 5:24 pm
but wait a minute...how did the numark nv get the vdj screen scripted? can you guys work with pionner on this one? you guys can do anything,this is vdj,the miracle workers ;)

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 5:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
NV screens aren't midi, they're HID

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 10:13 pm
As we're working off laptops, why would we need the screen on the XDJ to work? It'd be a nice touch but that's all.

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:32 am
locodog wrote :

they are? Awsome,but the jogs?

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:38 am
When reading through all this, I'm kind off glad that I still stick with my 19" equipment.
All nicely seated in a SKB rack, which also houses my HTPC.
I do not like putting everything together in a big shiny box. I like the stuff in "modules" - controller, mixer, PC, other controllers and so on..

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 8:28 am
Oh I know what you mean.I still have turntables,analog mixers,synth modules,effects racks,all in storage.too much hassle.now I use usb controllers & software :)

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 3:41 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
john london wrote :
As we're working off laptops, why would we need the screen on the XDJ to work? It'd be a nice touch but that's all.

has a analog mixer and USB sockets ... so you can play smaller gigs without any computer. just using one ore too sticks or usb powered harddrive....

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 3:07 am
locodog wrote :

No, they are MIDI. :)

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 7:26 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Oh wow, what a backwardsarse way to do it. Oh yeah, *Designed for Serato*

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 9:17 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Actually only for Recordbox and Tr***or :-)

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 2:11 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
locodog wrote :

No, they are MIDI. :)

that's what I thought (since you told me in the other thread ),but that its almost the same,depending on how the manufacturer incorporates the midi comunication?,anyway as the NV got the vdj treatment,is just a matter of time before this gets a script fix..but for that money I say wait for the numark ns7 III to come out...

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 3:04 pm
I would rather stick with my current controller than upgrade to the XDJ-RX if it doesn't work properly with VDJ - Pioneer, you just missed out on my hard earned cash.
Just to clarify, you need HID for the jog wheels to work properly, and this is not implemented??

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 7:08 pm
I think you guys are missing the point of this unit..............

This isn't even being marketed as a software controller, its made for Pioneers software (Rekordbox) and as an added benefit it could be used as a software controller. There are a lot us out here who don't need a laptop for every gig.........

Mensajes Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 7:47 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
The device is (at the moment) only working for MIDI Out - means you can control the Software BUT there is no MIDI Input which means you can't use any LED or the display at all. These are only working with Recordbox at the moment.

Mensajes Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 4:28 pm
I think the RX is a very nice dj tool and I would love to use the standalone facilities when doing my 1-2 hr guest appearances on the club circuit. However, a majority of my work is as a resident video dj and weddings/parties. For this I need pc access to my 4tb of music and videos. Is it too much for pioneer to produce a unit that can do this for me? Correction - my R1 does this, but is not as good a unit. That was also marketed as a standalone, but is supported AND works really well with VDJ8. As I never use cds, the R1 is too bulky....and starting to break :-(

At this price point pioneer should really have included the scratch capabilites of the R1. That cost £800 versus the £1200 for the RX, and it had cd transports!!

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 7:24 am
Having dug a little deeper I can see that on the Pioneer website it states that it is shipped with Virtual DJ Limited Edition (free download)...

This is getting a bit silly with all the conflicting 'advice'.... Surely they cannot ship with a product that will not work properly?? Surely it must come with a working mapping for the hardware, jogs and all?

Do I buy the XDJ-RX if I want to (also) use it for video mixing/scratching with VDJ8?

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 2:29 pm
XDJ - RX?
Would you mind to share the link?

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 2:44 pm
55%