Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: NEW! Pioneer XDJ-RX all in one DJ system with 7" screen - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just type it into Google - you'll find it :-)

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 4:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 4:37 pm
Noooo. Arggghhh!

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 6:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No ?
hmm please help us to understand you and avoid filling this topic with irrelevant posts :)

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 6:57 pm
I am upset that the Pioneer claimed inclusion of VDJ LE bundled with the XDJ RX was a mistake. If it was genuinely included, then it would mean that the XDJ RX would be compatible with VDJ 8. I am desperate for this to be true as I want to buy this controller. Alongside its excellent standalone features, I want to be able to use it with my video djing and requests. On these occasions I will only use VDJ 8.

I will not buy this controller if it will not control VDJ 8. I need the jogs to work, ie scratch and search. I understand this is not possible using midi, only HID.

I am looking for a new controller and IF the XDJ RX could work with VDJ 8 it would be my ideal work tool.

I apologise if my post is confusing or irrelevant.

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 3:07 am
Hmmmm.
Just to clear it up:

RX CAN control VirtualDj 8.
VirtualDj 8 cannot control RX!

It doesn't matter if the unit is MIDI or HID.
What matters is that according to the unit's documentation it SENDS midi data (and therefore control any MIDI compatible software) but it does NOT RECEIVE any midi data. Therefore the software (VirtualDj, Traktor, e.t.c.) cannot control the unit's leds, display, e.t.c.)
Unless Pioneer has hold some information from the documents released in public or release a new firmware, this device cannot establish a two way communication with ANY Dj Software.

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 6:25 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Except of recordbox which uses the Pioneer owned special protocoll over Network.

Nice Hardware but at the moment not usable for us.

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 6:42 am
So are you saying I am able to map the jog wheels to scratch using vdj8? This is the only crucial requirement for me.....

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 7:54 am
So for correct operation of the jog wheel you need midi send AND return? So no go I guess.....
I have managed to map other buttons and sliders (on a demo controller), but I guess these do not rely on feedback from vdj.

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 2:12 pm
You can map the jogs and they can work just fine without feedback.
However mapping the device as "simple midi" without a proper definition file http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller_Definition.html will result a degraded performance of the jogs.
In order to take full advantage of them a proper definition file is required (see the above link)

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 3:04 pm
So its a go! :-D Just need to sort out mapping using the xml definition file.......and voila!

Thanks for your patience all, I can be a bit slow sometimes ;-)

Mensajes Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 4:12 pm
Can I get by using mapping syntax for vdj7? The definition file should be straightforward, but there is no syntax help for vdj8. Any idea when this may become available?

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 6:44 am

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 10:14 am
So the mapping file is just NAME and ACTION (using the verbs), other file structure is the same as 7?
Thanks for the pointers, very much appreciated!

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 10:37 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
You should creat a basic (empty) mapping which works with your definition file.

All the mapping should be done from within VDJ mapping area because there are some character encodings when you write stuff like '&" and a few more.

So your scripts may not work if you edit them directely in the xml file !!!

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 10:41 am
Great tip, thanks :-)

Mensajes Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 2:03 pm
Will this only work with rekordbox or can it be mapped too traktor and virtual? I do a lot of video djin so it's useless if I can't map it too virtual as well

Mensajes Sun 10 May 15 @ 3:31 am
MrMac84 wrote :
it's useless if I can't map it too virtual as well

This unit is designed to work without a computer. Why pay a premium for this if you don't need/want a standalone unit?

Mensajes Sun 10 May 15 @ 6:30 am
That is what I've been saying!! This unit is for Rekord box and being able to map it to software other then Rekord box is just another perk but not really what Pioneer had in mind.

If you don't use Rekord boxthen this unit is NOT FOR YOU in my opinion........

Mensajes Sun 10 May 15 @ 10:56 am
It is marketed as an all-in-one, why cant I have recordbox AND control VDJ in one unit? I am currently trying to map it to VDJ.... ;-)

Mensajes Tue 12 May 15 @ 10:17 am
82%