Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Windows 10? - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Most issues are simple. Video drivers are the big one that many people are reporting.

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 10:23 am
SimplyDiscoDJ wrote :
I as well as some of you I'm sure have a message from Microsoft inviting me to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Has VDJ8 been tested on Windows 10? Is anybody using it? Or shall I stick to the tried and tested and indeed trusted Windows 7?

I have tested Windows 10 since October, 2014 as English and since February, 2015 in German version and already use to Windows 10 registered version. There are no problems under Windows 10! I had had before Windows 8.1, there I had regularly driver and working memory problems ' Badthool Header ' ' Memorycreshes'. As said under Windows 10 optimum results.

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 1:08 pm
All good to know, thanks for the replies.

Mensajes Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 10:22 am
I tested Windows 10 tonight live at an event. Noticed on my HP dv7 laptop that VDJ has issues with adjusting brightness with hotkeys to the laptop as well as random sound issues if sound is running. I imagine updates will come out for the sound drivers etc that will correct this. But other than that, VDJ8 ran flawless for Windows 10.

Mensajes Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 1:21 am
I have used VDJ8Pro and Windows 7, no problems.
I've recently updated my laptop to Windows 10.
So far 99% of everything works with VDJ8 and Windows 10
except for one issue.

Whenever I click on the History folder in VDJ8 I get a "File Access Denied" pop up.
This never happened with Win7.
Is this a VDJ8 bug?
A WIN10 bug?
Is there a setting I can change to prevent this pop up from happening?
Have other VDJ8 / WIN 10 users encountered this problem?
You're thoughts?
Suggestions?

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:03 pm
This image relates to my previous post.

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:05 pm
@djgodfather are u running with an administrator account?

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:07 pm
Hi vdj users, i have tried vdj on windows 10 and it is very unstable, keeps crashing out and yes, the karaoke video side of it does work but also is very unpredictable, i lost connection on 2 sets tonight both happened when i was using the karaoke, now i am not sure if it was the skin causing the problem as it seemed too work for a little while when i changed the skin, however i would not recommend windows 10 too anyone out there, im sticking on windows 7.

Happy mixing fellas and lasses

Dj Nick (NEWCASTLE/UK)

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:58 pm
I also had an issue with the connectivity of my mixer when i installed windows 10 most of the LED buttons becam unusable or simply didnt light up

Mensajes Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 3:04 pm
I have been testing VDJ 8 with Windows 10 for 8 hours. I have had no issues, and I turned it off a couple times. It shuts down much quicker than it did with Windows 7. I have not tested with my Gemini CNTRL7, that test comes tomorrow. I will post the results here tomorrow evening.

My rig for VDJ is a Dell Studio XPS 1640 upgraded to 8GB of Ram, and running a SSD.

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 10:56 pm
The last event I did my system crashed because of a windows update on Windows 8.1. It would freeze right after startup...and nothing I could do would fix it. I ended up having to use my backup Vista loaded laptop which honestly is only used as a worst case scenario. Understand...my DJ laptop is not used for anything other than work. I don't facebook on it, I don't download apps or games...and you would think a Windows Update would not kill a computer (I only had it set to do vital updates, not optional ones.) I was forced to do a full system reload to get it back up and running, which left me using my backup all night, and of course...it was at an event where they didn't give me a good list of requests ahead of time and they wanted to hear Spanish music all of the sudden. Thank God for Content Unlimited otherwise I would have been screwed. I left that event determined to switch to a Mac Laptop or MiniMac...so I thought I would install Windows 10 first to see if it was better.

Well, let me tell you...I have officially held off on the Mac. I LOVE windows 10!! I had the video driver issue where VDJ 8 would not display correctly...but once I updated windows 10, it installed the right video driver and all was fine. It runs sooooooooo much better than 8.1...and so far, it reminds me of XP in how revolutionary it is and how well it seems to work right out of the gate. Microsoft has had some key changes in it's management since the development and launch of Win 8...and the new boots at the top seem to have made some much needed improvements in their vision...putting what consumers want back at the top of their to do lists (just like with the xbox one and backwards compatibility being announced last month). Win 10 looks great, runs great, and once again makes you remember why you love PC's over Macs, Androids, Chrome PC's, etc.

p.s. I have a wedding tomorrow so I will be able to run my system through it's paces. I will let you know if it has any issues. Since VDJ doesn't run great on my older backup laptop (it has a single core processor, 1 GB of Ram, Vista Pro) I loaded it with MediaMonkey Pro...which is not as great as VDJ but works for a backup I don't have to run so I can troubleshoot any issues that I have on my Win 10 machine and reboot as needed.

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 2:23 pm
On windows ten my VDJ doesn't work at all... Got a priblem with the soundcard or how the OS manage it. All I can hear it's a bleep

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 4:12 pm
anyone one run windows 10 with vdj 7 ?
wondering how that went.
I have bad issues with 8 still, so not on our club computer...we still use the stable 7 until 8 perks up for us.

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 2:22 am
My computer updated from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I have nothing but problems with my sound card. I have to close and reopen virtual dj 8 several times. Till it will work the issue I am having is either no sound at all or only the right side plays.

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 6:38 am
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have been testing Windows 10 since the beginning of the insider program and I would say with Windows 10 it is always a hit or miss with the soundcard drivers and controller drivers. Since I was getting a new build almost every month sometimes two times a month I would have to re-install my NS7II drivers in order to use it with VirtualDJ. One time I was DJing my work picnic and did a build upgrade the night before, in my head I knew it was a bad idea especially since I didn't test out whether or not it would break functionality of my controller. I had to retro back to the previous build. Luckily it wasn't to long of a process. Moral of the story, Windows 10 is great and is only going to get better but if you upgrade and stuff isn't working just do a manual re-install of the drivers that might not be working and this should fix your problems.

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 1:16 pm
my problem is that Virtual DJ as well as a couple of other programs have disappeared and I cant even find them on the hard drive. I am running version 7.4. has anyone else had this problem

Mensajes Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 1:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Maybe because you chose to just keep Documents/file and not All when you updated to Win 10 ?
Anyways, if you still have your database files in /Documents/virtualDJ, simply re-install VirtualDJ and you should be good.

Mensajes Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 1:15 pm
since I loaded windows 10 onto my laptop, it would appear I have issues with VDJ8 when used in conjunction with my Mixtrack Pro, it runs for a short while, then the sound cuts out, then it comes up with a warning that I need a licence, but when I click on the box it advises I already have a licence, which I do have, but it no longer recognises the fact. Anyone got any ideas, how to resolve the problem

Mensajes Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 3:21 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi,

@djgodfather:
At some point this problem with folder permissons are from how it was on Windows Home previously. Windows 10 just need you to validate the folder or take ownership on those the user have before, this would solve the problem too. This would help you if you find any other folders you may have problems with too.

Mensajes Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 3:26 pm
I am running Windows 10 on an HP Envy. When I start Virtual DJ 8, I get a mostly black screen with a bit of the software visible in the upper left hand corner. If I adjust the screen resolution up or down, I can see all of the Virtual DJ screen. This is not a permanent fix for if I close Virtual DJ, when I reopen, I have the same problem. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Mensajes Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 2:46 am
43%