Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Direct x Failed

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I installed Virtual DJ today and tried to run it and i get this error.
"DirectX failed to Initialize. Please install the correct drivers for your video card!"

Never seen this error before and i have used this prgram many times. checked my drivers and i am up to date

Ran a DXDiag and no issues
http://puu.sh/pPzWt/2cff379716.png
http://puu.sh/pPzXL/da6419d9bf.png

Not real sure how to tackle this issue.. i assume i could try reinstalling Direct X even though its working...
but finding a download link or any reasonably decipherable information on Microsoft's website regarding
Direct X downloads is like finding David Bowie at the center of the Labyrinth.

Any help would be great.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 8:21 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Do you have DirectX 9 installed as well? It is not default in Win 10

Mensajes Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 3:57 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As per the message it sounds like you don't have the correct video drivers installed for your video card. Have a look in Device Manager under Display Adapters and see what you have installed currently.

There is no need to install any additional DirectX for VDJ. Some plugins may require it, but out of the box it's not required.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 12:04 am
@BlckJck
Amazing... that was exactly the problem. apparently virtual DJ does not run on DirectX 12.. i did not know that.
Installed the june 2010 version and BAM... instantly worked.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

@SBDJ
as previously stated my video drivers are current and up to date and the version number was listed in my DXDiag Puu.sh files
Im glad i didnt listen to you tho. you specifically told me not to do the EXACT thing that fixed my problem. Thanks for not reading my entire post and suggesting an answer. In the future.. maybe you shouldnt comment without reading the whole post / knowing what you are talking about.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 6:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thankyou for the rant but I can assure you I do know what I am talking about.

VirtualDJ does indeed run on DirectX 9, however operating systems that come with newer versions come with a basic DirectX 9 install too. This means an OS with DirectX 12 can run DirectX 9 applications.

Usually on any supported operating system (XP-10) you DO NOT need to install DirectX manually. If doing this fixed your issue then I am glad you got it resolved, but it also likely means your DirectX was horribly broken in a way that I've not seen before.

The error message you got is almost always due to an incorrect video driver (hence the wording of the message) and would have been the first logical troubleshooting step.I know you said you had 'checked your drivers' but that doesn't really give much information to go on does it?

There was absolutely no need to be so rude about it.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 11:35 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
bajungadustin wrote :
@BlckJck
Installed the june 2010 version and BAM... instantly worked.

I'm glad that worked out for you.

bajungadustin wrote :
@@SBDJ ... In the future.. maybe you shouldnt comment without reading the whole post / knowing what you are talking about.

Scott is extremely knowledgeable, especially in the areas surrounding video and video effects within the Virtual DJ software. I was not aware there was a base install of DX9 in Win10. My thought line was a plugin from an old install may have been trying to auto-start and caused a problem. I have installed VDJ on fresh installs of Win10 and it worked without issue. I had to install DX9 to get other plugins to work in the past. Even MS's downloader would not help, I needed the complete distribution package. Some games, software, driver packages, etc. may have installed something DX9 related and that broke the base install.

-Max

Mensajes Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 12:13 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)