Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 7

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

lucas569 wrote :
djsimonreed85 wrote :
I am running VDJ and Rekordbox back to back on my mbp at the moment, so I can use automix. I simply used audio out to my channel 4.

what skin were you using on VDJ ?

Rekordbox skin, it’s on the Addons page.

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 5:40 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Anyone would rather 18 hardware FX from Pioneer

No, "anyone" wouldn't. Personally I would much rather have the ability to load any effect on the market than being restricted to what a certain DJ software or manufacturer provides.

I often wonder what the big deal is with people moaning that VDJ doesn't have decent FX. It gives you the widest choice of FX out of any DJ software!

The others either offer a few fixed FX that can't be added to, or you're required to buy additional FX from a small selection provided by a single FX company. How is that better?

I also don't understand the apparent obsession with Pioneer FX - that any FX on offer has to be a Pioneer clone, or the world will end!

I'd rather be an individual and use things that I chose, than follow the herd like a sheep and only use Pioneer FX because my mate does, or because a world famous DJ does.

Seriously, if you were to use an effect that wasn't by Pioneer, how many customers do you think would complain to you or the management that you didn't use the same effect as the DJ down the road? They don't care!

Strange...

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 5:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which effect do you miss most from the pioneer ones then?

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 6:17 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Sorry but that's a pile of bull.

Not at all.
Read groovindjs post 2 post below yours - that's my point exactly
No need to limit yourself to the relatively small world of Pioneer

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 7:49 pm
i see the point and i agree BUT honestly the VDJ effects just don't sound that great... its never been VDJ strength... just one mans opinion.

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 8:41 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Here we go folks...

This is why we see little to no progress in this area, because anyone who challenges the status quo is met by the same few members rinse and repeat lines about VSTs and deep customisation options lol.

Show me a video demo of VDJ with a controller using VSTs (that are affordable) whereby the end result (quality and functionality) is comparable to those offered by Pioneer or Izotope. And if you manage to do that, do also add how these are accessible to the average license holder.

I'm actually not a Pioneer fanboy, I held off as long as possible from buying anything from Pioneer, but due to their competitors making bigger mistakes than them, I had no choice, and being a producer and DJ for many years, well you'd be insulting me by suggesting that my views on FX are based on me being a sheep, rather than my ability to determine what works for me practically, sonically, experientially etc.

I actually prefer VDJs echo effect to Pioneers, but Pioneer overall has just been more prolific when it comes to high quality effects, VDJ has added some but not made them very accessible for users who don't own the relevant Pioneer hardware (colour FX for example).

Mensajes Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 8:45 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Has anyone been able to compare the actual sound of this unit to something like the mcx8000/7000 or any other Denon controller? I'm on the fence. I haven't been able to find an opinion of the sound anywhere.

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 1:38 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Adion wrote :

I'd like the option to use colour FX even on controllers that do not have the select buttons, they could be interchanged on the skin and by holding shift + FX select on any controller.

In the colour FX section I'd like the addition of gate and an improved white noise riser/faller effect.

Generally the FX need some more innovation, stacking certain FX together and packaging it as a new effect increases accessibility to more users. Traktor seem to do this, as I've heard some crazy echo out style FX with spiral elements, all controlled as one effect.

Perhaps there should be a page dedicated to VSTs here, with recommended free and paid for plugins (stable, useful etc) with the appropriate mapping file available to download. So users can simply buy and install the plugins without the extra leg work needed to make them usable in the software.

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 3:06 pm
bagpuss wrote :
Adion wrote :

I'd like the option to use colour FX even on controllers that do not have the select buttons, they could be interchanged on the skin and by holding shift + FX select on any controller.

In the colour FX section I'd like the addition of gate and an improved white noise riser/faller effect.

Generally the FX need some more innovation, stacking certain FX together and packaging it as a new effect increases accessibility to more users. Traktor seem to do this, as I've heard some crazy echo out style FX with spiral elements, all controlled as one effect.

Perhaps there should be a page dedicated to VSTs here, with recommended free and paid for plugins (stable, useful etc) with the appropriate mapping file available to download. So users can simply buy and install the plugins without the extra leg work needed to make them usable in the software.

i actually prefer some of vdj effects.

i prefer the crush effects with vdj and i much prefer the filters in rekordbox. but im not sure why?

also i agree with the above post about a pinned vst topic

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 3:29 pm
Cannen wrote :
Has anyone been able to compare the actual sound of this unit to something like the mcx8000/7000 or any other Denon controller? I'm on the fence. I haven't been able to find an opinion of the sound anywhere.

I have my ddj-1000 sounding near as same as my Denon mc6000mk2, which I regard as the best all round controller still.

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 9:34 pm
Coming soon, how Long exactly is this in VDJ world?

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 8:54 am
arkadarka wrote :
i prefer the crush effects with vdj

Where are the Crush FX? Thank you.

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 9:23 am
mitchiemasha wrote :
arkadarka wrote :
i prefer the crush effects with vdj

Where are the Crush FX? Thank you.

i may have got it from the downloads page

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 10:12 am
EmilLock wrote :
Coming soon, how Long exactly is this in VDJ world?

I'd say usually <3 months - Sometimes a lot faster
If they hit a serious block, they usually remove the controller from the "coming soon" list

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 1:06 pm
Please remember this is not an issue with VirtualDJ or Atomix. Because Pioneer release the controller "locked" to Rekordbox they assume everyone wants to use it with their own software. Above that the Atomix hardware team have to wait until the controller is available so they can access the midi charts, reverse engineer and unlock certain features.

Even In-Music (Denon, Numark) are now playing the same game with their tie-in to Serato.

The only way to try and change this is to post on manufacturer forums or contact their support. Like most big companies they only see things their way and aren't interested in users of other software platforms.

Mensajes Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 1:13 pm
at the very least the controllers should all be mappable. I know its a pipe dream but i hate when a controller is locked. If a customer supports the product by buying why force his hand to use their software. At least let it be by choice. Hopefully all the features can be unlocked on this controller.

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 1:03 am

Can‘t find this skin.
Could someone send me the Skin?

Any news about the mapping?
I think the Team starts to work...

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 3:40 pm

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:19 pm
djsimonreed85 wrote :
I think seen as all the other RB controllers have been mapped, the 1000 shouldn’t be too much of a problem for the team. The only thing that may be more difficult is the jog screens.

I don’t want to rush anyone but I spent 2 hours on RB last night and I kind of like it using the 1000, and karaoke works perfectly and it has automix, which needs a little work but it does the job.

hi mate , can i please pinch you brain for a min , i got mine over the weekend and honestly i feel it’s a steal for that price considering two nexus players would roughly cost about 2.5k anyway wanted to ask , how did you get the karaoke to work !! ?? i’m stuck. i’ve used VDj all my gigs and the karaoke works a great , but when i connect my external hard drive using RB i can’t see anything ?? what i’m i doing wrong ??

Mensajes Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 8:44 pm
paulinio81 wrote :

Can‘t find this skin.
Could someone send me the Skin?

Any news about the mapping?
I think the Team starts to work...

I found it on the first page off skin addons, no one should be sending skins to anyone as no one knows if piracy is happening.

Mensajes Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 10:25 am
50%