Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: no sound out of the speakers - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there,
can anyone please help me...i just bought the epsilon quad mix dj controller which came with the vdj LE version i installed it but i cant seem to get sound out of my speakers.
My aux cable is connected in my laptop (which worked with the free vdj version)
i get the sound out of my headphones (which are plugged into epsilon.

Mensajes Mon 21 May 18 @ 3:25 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Did you try connecting your amp/speakers to the controller?

When you connected the controller, VDJ reconfigured the sound setup.

The manual and wiki have more information on custom setups.

Mensajes Mon 21 May 18 @ 3:30 am
Hi Blckjck,
the controller has no aux input so no.
And yes VDJ configured automatically, the manual that came with the controller is extremly simple and i have the exact settings as listed in the manual.
i have no clue what to do

Mensajes Mon 21 May 18 @ 3:44 am
You don’t want an aux input.
You want to use the master out on the controller. Either the XLR or the RCA.
That needs to feed your speakers.

It may help if there is a little more information about your soeaker system.

You can reconfigure the audio settings to send the VDJ master to the computers internal sound card. But, I do not recommend that. You may run I to latency issues. The controller probably has a better sounding card anyway.

Mensajes Mon 21 May 18 @ 4:40 am
Thank you for taking the time to answer.
My speakers are Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT although i dont use the BlueTooth the aux plug is plugged into my laptop.
I know the music is playing in VDJ cause i can hear it on my headphones.
my speakers are automatically set to (2-midi- device/800) as soon as i turn on the vdj controller, when i used the free VDJ version it was always set to conexant isst audio (which are my klipsch speakers)
i tried to switch both the controller and laptop to each of them but nothing seems to work.

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 2:57 am
In my opinion, the best way to use your current gear is to get a cable that will go from the RCA out on the back of the controller and into the input of your speakers.

What I don’t know is if the LE version can change the audio output. I tried looking at the license differences. They would not display properly on my phone.
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/comparison.html

If you can, modify the sound settings by changing the master out from 2-midi-device/800 to conexant. Don’t change the headphone, just the master. You should be able to click the drop down menu and see your other sound card.

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 5:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Version 7 Limited Edition is not allowing to use other sound-card except the built-in sound card of your controller.

If the controller doesnt have a built-in sound card, then it will use the default playback device of Windows. In this case, you may need to change this from Windows Sounds (from your computer's built-in to the BlueTooth one)

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 7:00 am
To blckjack:
i'm gonna try and buy a RCA to female Aux as you said and try it that way seems like the last possibility, i tried changing the master but that also doesnt work.
I'll let you know if it will work.
thanks so much for the help its very appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 3:03 am
To djdad:
the controller does have a build in soundcard but i still get no speakersound if i plug my speaker aux plug n the headphone of the controller the sound works but thats not the way it should be.
i did every possibility with windows sound and controller sound but nothing works i even tried it on bluetooth which isnt good cause theres a small delay in sound which makes it hard to mix but even that doesnt work.
my last try is a RCA to female aux if that doesnt work im affraid im gonna have to send the dj controller back.
i do have a question for you though, if i buy the full version of VDJ will i be able to play the videoclips on my projector?
i notest that with the LE version it wont let me but with the free VDJ version it did.

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 3:12 am
The full version will allow you to do video.
Also, you’ll be able to upgrade to the latest version.

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 4:00 am
Your only chance to get Master Audio Output with the version 7 LE is to connect speakers to the controller.

You keep mentioning a AUX (input/output/cable). As far as i see there is no "AUX" in your speakers, nor on the controller, and most likely, neither on your computer.
Can you explain what do you mean by that ?

The way i see it you need to ..
1. Connect Controller's Output (XLR or RCA) with the MIC/LINEIN Input of your computer.
2. In Windows Sound -->Recording tab , select the Mic/LineIn input click configure and in "Listen" tab you need to check the option "Listen to this device"
This will take the signal from this input and route it to the default Windows playback device.
If you have done step 1 and VirtualDJ is playing a track, you should see the VU meters of this input indicating activity.
3. In Windows Sound-->Playback tab, you need to set the Bluetooth sound card (i guess thats where you should see your BT speakers - hopefully) as default playback device.

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 5:16 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There is an 1/8 inch mini jack input on the speaker system.

Buy a stereo rca to mini jack MALE lead
Plug from your controller master rca out to your mini jack in on your speakers.

After that it should work.

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 6:09 am

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 6:49 am

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 10:06 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 10:08 am

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 4:35 pm
I GOT IT WORKING !
I bought the RCA to female aux plugged the RCA into the master of my controller and the speakers into the female aux and BANG it worked.
Thanks everyone who tried to help me that's awesome of you guys!
i know i wasnt always clear with explaining [ i'm Dutch ;-) ]
And now....on to mixing !

Greetz Rob

Mensajes Fri 25 May 18 @ 2:19 pm
Thank you for respond with what worked for you. I’m glad you got it sorted out. Enjoy!

Mensajes Tue 29 May 18 @ 4:16 am
Hey, Im using a mackbook air and a numark mixtrack pro 3 and these speakers:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z333-Multimedia-Speakers-Black/dp/B00YR92VMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1547736979&sr=8-4&keywords=logitech+speakers

I have set it to master: mixtrack pro 3 chan 1 and 2 and headphones: mixtrack pro 3 chan 3 and 4 and have also set my speakers to quadraphonic and they are connected from an RCA cable from the controller to the speakers. The aux is in my laptop and headphones in the controller. But...I can only get sound from my headphones and nothing in the speakers. Any help?

Mensajes Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 3:01 pm
No need to post more than once. You have been given answers in the other thread.

Mensajes Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:36 pm
91%