Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 4.3 is out - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just as a side question. I will be purchasing the Numark Total Control with CUE LE. With this purchase, will I be getting updates of CUE LE, alongside of the virtualdj updates, other than of course, the limitation of the video features, and limitted access to add-on downloads?

Also, what is this "Roadcase" thing I am hearing about?

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 7:29 pm

Cue LE is probably same as Home Edition of VDJ (not 100% sure, but thats a good guess)

In that respect, its not updated as VDJ Pro version, maybe just a few bug fix updates

In comparison, the Hercules owners now have version 3.4, while the pro version users are at 4.3.

Also, Home Edition/LE version does not have same access to all plugins and effects as pro version users (limited range of downloads).

And to be honest, I totally would recommend you buy the pro version with the free full updates and downloads, instead of going with the LE (Limited Edition) version of Cue...

Hope that helps :)

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 10:06 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Congratulations for this new release... VDJ team dont stops. Thanks guys.
Anyone tested this new version with BCD2000?
Do i need to upgrade MK2 Version if i'm not using Vista?

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 10:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no you can keep using the existing drivers :)

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 10:40 pm
Hi
Glad you guys have sorted the problem with loading large files.Works like a charm

Good work

Thanks Musicmatch

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 9:43 am
djkike wrote :
Congratulations for this new release... VDJ team dont stops. Thanks guys.
Anyone tested this new version with BCD2000?
Do i need to upgrade MK2 Version if i'm not using Vista?

I've tested 4.3 with BCD 2000 and Moramax BCD Driver 2.1. The package works well for audio mix. I performed a 3 hours long live mix on Wednesday with this configuration.
I did not test VTC or CDTC nor video mix (I plan to use my MacBook for this purpose and then test the VDJ 4 Mac...)

I just got a glitch during the sound check previous to my dj set, but it was due to "Daft Funk" VST plug in I was demonstrating at this time.

Single concern, when I just upgraded the software at home, I loaded the 1st track on deck 1, started it and loaded a 2nd track on deck 2. At this time I got some crackles and beat skipping. At this time my laptop had lot of other softwares and services enabled (Eclipse Soft Dev workbench, Mail client, 6 or 7 Firefox instances, 2 IE6 instances, 1 Instant messaging client and some Word instances plus LAN and Wifi services). I stopped everything, rebooted the machine, restarted vdj, and since, everything is ok.
Normaly with my current machine (Core Duo proc, 2 GB Ram, 666Mhhz bus, 256 MB Graphic Mem, 7200 rmp hard disk) I'm able to run correctly VDJ with some software and services enabled. It's the first time I got the beat skipping or crackles on this hardware.

As I said elsewhere, this new version looks promising in term of stability and reliability. And the Mac support an outstanding achievement. Now I'm expecting Linux support ;-)
Congratulation to the team for this release.

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 10:47 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, so far so good. The problem with AVIs where it would not play the first second of audio is FIXED!

Yippee! Thanks so much Atomix!

The software has sure come a long way in the last year, that's for sure.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 5:26 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
AFter playing around for a while I am still not sure of the stability.
I have had pgm shut down twice. Once just loading
another tune on 2nd deck. The other when using effects (only one)
ALso the automix although it doesn't go forward into the song like it
used to; I find that it will not take one song off the deck when it is through and therefore
plays the same tune again.
ALso on occassion when in automix the cue point where the song is suppposed to end
does not always work. Song will play past the end cue point and not load the other tune
until first one finishes.
As much as I would like to start using ver 4, I don't think it is as reliable as 3.4.
For me I guess I will have to stickwith 3.4.
I don't mean this to be a knock to the poeple who work so hard in all the tweaking they do.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 5:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
bogart wrote :
AFter playing around for a while I am still not sure of the stability.
I have had pgm shut down twice. Once just loading
another tune on 2nd deck. The other when using effects (only one)

1) Can you reproduce it all the time with the same file?
2) Which effect is it?

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 5:42 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Last night I was DJing, and on a couple of occasions I heard skips in the song. I thought that it could possibly be something to do with my sound card... of course I *am* running vista with a Firewire Audiophile, and it's amazing that it works at all because Vista compatible drivers do not yet officially exist. (I installed the XP drivers in compatibility mode)

I also had a hard crash which was pretty embarrassing, but I guess that's what I get for having my machine overclocked so much. I was able to run 3DMark for 3 day straight without problems, but VDJ crashed once out of four nights with this machine... things should work a little better now, after scaling back the clock a bit. Of course, there's always a minute chance that it's related to VDJ, but I've never bluescreened with VDJ that I can remember.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 7:20 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcel
Not the same effect or tune. Happened again on different effects & songs.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 7:35 pm
where do i find the entire list of updates to the iCDX in 4.3? I noticed a few things were changed while i was using the iCDX's last night, like the pitch control button works and lights up the pitch change % accordingly, and the remain/elapsed reversed issue has been resolved...anything else i should know of?

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 8:55 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I havent tested the new vesion yet..but why do I need a file/song to play when my Timecode ends..then i only could be able to control the file with my Mouse or Pad Again..Why dont you make a Longer TC (PLEASE!) ,I now that I Want to control my 15-20min files/songs with my Decks!

And Congrats for the Mac Version !!

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 11:05 pm
weskyHome userMember since 2006
Hey,

I know I am Hi-jacking in a sense, but was wondering what sort of changes we can see in 4.4 in regards to MIDI functions?

Would be nice to completely customise the BCD jogwheel with a correct MIDI engine without the need of BOME.

Also, not sure if its worthwhile or even able but could it possible to have both MIDI and native support runnning at the same time? This would mean that users can utilise the native support, but activate any unused features via MIDI support. I noticed in 4.2 that you can have both ticked, with green active lights but it will only notice the commands from the controller and treat it as the native support (BCD) option.

Cheers,

Steve.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 12:33 am
How many times do you need to hear over and over again....

The Berhinger BCD 2000 is faulty. It has major driver issues, a poor chipset and is generally a piece of dung

This is why Berhinger has discontinued the BCD2000 and introduced the BCD 3000. which may or may not be a superior unit.

The midi fuctions and asio mic problems have been REPEATEDLY stated on these forums that they cannot be supported by VDJ software and current model of BCD 2000.

Perhaps in the furture for VDJ and BCD 3000 but not currently.

want a good controller?

dac2
dac3
x-session (reg and pro)
xp10
ecler nu4
iCDX
Timecodes

Wait three months or so (I think) for the Numark controllers.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 1:19 am
weskyHome userMember since 2006
As a MIDI controller Marcel, its fine. There are different ways of programming software to read and understand MIDI, I believe VDJ is programmed in its own fashion, quite different to any standard engine for MIDI - reading post correctly and reading ALL BCD's threads would of also displayed this exact same comment.

I know of the issues re BCD, most people have an issue because they use as both soundcard and controller, but not everyone does.

Anyway, no more about this discussion, it was just a spot to bring up a suggestion.

Cheers,

Steve.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 11:57 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
No Answer as usualy when longer Tc´s is up...

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 5:32 pm
Still still still cannot play all zipped mp3+g karaoke files in 4.3 old bug STILL THERE !!!!!

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 6:57 pm
any idea where you can downalod the trail version of 4.3?

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 3:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
karaokeman2002 wrote :
Still still still cannot play all zipped mp3+g karaoke files in 4.3 old bug STILL THERE !!!!!

That's because the zip files you are trying to play are not standard zips. The dev team told us a long time ago vdj would not support pkware's zips. Try unzipping and re-zipping one file with windows and i bet it works just fine.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 3:45 pm
92%