Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Club Mixing - Page: 5

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i need reason!
;)

Mensajes Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 6:44 am

Mensajes Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:44 am
hemanHome userMember since 2005
that program is quite expensive ......any other ones you could offer that are good for a low price or free???? Tx.

Mensajes Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 11:38 pm
Fruity Loops 3 although it also has its price but is a good beginner software and is quite useful.

Mensajes Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 8:46 am
@Dj Robesity

Do you plan on making remixes for professional or personal use?

@heman

Read this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/10070/General_Discussion/CREATING_THE_PERPECT_CD.html?page=6

I evaluated the following freeware and shareware (and other software) from this site:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MULTITRACK_RECORDING/

1. Acoustica Mixcraft Multitrack Studio 1.1 build 18

2. CinematicMP3

3. DDClip SE 3.51

4. KRISTAL Audio Engine 1.0.1

5. Music Studio Producer 1.20b4

6. n-Track Studio v4.0.4

7. Pro Tools FREE

8. Quartz Studio Free

9. T-star 4.3

10.TwoTrak

Keep in mind that my evaluation was done about 10 months ago. Consequently, some of the freeware and shareware might have been updated or not available.

OO

Mensajes Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 11:51 pm
for personnal ......but inted for in the future for profesional use
i've been using fruity loops for quite a bit and have been wantig to get somethin more professional...........cuz i dont have many options for remixes.......and mixes

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 1:14 am
i need something i can remix like make beats and mix and add riffs and melodies........

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 1:21 am
i'm sure i will figure out some way to get reason when i get home, for now i use fruity loops

;) whitedevil

-gauge

Mensajes Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 1:43 pm
well heman if you feel your ready to upgrade to something more advanced then fruity loops you should save up and buy reason. I know its expensive although there is no comparisson.

hundreds of drum kits, graintable synths, analog synths, sampler, and many many many more options all at your disposal.

drum kits can be used like this.

4 choice of drum kits each using 8 different drum patters. That's a total of 32 different beats for 1 song!!! I don't use that much although you can make some crazy mixes with it. Drums can be arranged exacly the way you want it giving you 100% control of your sound.

Mensajes Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 6:19 am
@heman

I agree with DJ whiteDVL—Reason is the way to go. However, if you don’t have any musical talent, I would recommend Acid Pro 5 because of its loops library. You can make professional remixes with professional sounding loops that require no musical talent:

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/loop_libraries/default.asp

You can download the demo from here:

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/download/Step2.asp?DID=541

One important flaw about Acid Pro 5 is that it doesn’t allow you multi-track recording.

OO

Mensajes Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 8:10 pm
hi everyone

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 8:16 pm
Hi
Myself i am useing Reason to create some awesome mixes ,got my Midi keyboard plugged into my PC.Once completed with my mixes ,i then take it into Cubase to do the final mastering . From there there you take it into Virtual Dj ,and you make the crowd go mad with what you have created...

Couple of web sites where you can buy midi files.. One i use is Midi Farm>

Check out Madonna New Hit "' Hung Up''

She used the Sample of one of Abba old classic ''Gimmie a man ''

That is just a couple of the kind of Remixes i do as well,for example i took Depeche mode new hit ''Precious'' took out the bass line and used the bass line of one of Anastacia song totally different edge .

Great fun once you get into it ,i know copy right laws etc ,but i am not selling it..

Hope you have a good Christmas and a awesome New years eve gig

Cheers Musicmatch

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 8:36 pm
Greetings all musical-maniacs!
I've never been one to talk verbally non-stop, but rather prefer to communicate via the medium of music due to it being some or other universal form of communicating. For me, there was one rule that I got taught/picked up very early when I started my thang: If you're thinking about what mix to play, then don't play it, 'cause you don't think music, you feel it....

Keep makin those ladies shake, that way parties will always be rockin(men always dance when the ladies are dancing, ESPECIALLY when they end up getting all HOT & slightly sweaty) and don't forget: God made ALL DJs Funky. Don't be selfish; spread the funk.

Sangolicious

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 1:00 pm
Hello my friends. I am new here.
Somthing about me:
I enjoy in techno music. I using Virtual DJ since 2002. This program is very good but I begining to make my program for mixing by Delphi. Otherwise I busy with computers and electronics and I have a friend which making mixers, amplifiers, woofers etc. so I begin to making with him some of this device so I can tell you that is more better playing music by real mixers than by virtual. In every accident it's very nice enjoing in music on this or that mode. Salute for all DJs. bye, bye, bye...

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 11:37 pm
If you are searching a program to make your own beats then try Jeskola Buzz. I don't know the url to download page, but use google to find. It is a very good music studio. You might find it difficult to use, when you see it at first time, but read manual... and create! Oh, I have forgotten - it's free! I have got it from one of computer magazines - PC World Computer.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 5:30 pm
hello Djays i aam a dj from west africa i need a full version mixvibes 3DEX SOFTWARE or vitural dj software that allows me to scratch i will be very glad to be assisted and also any online old and new MP3 music DOWNLOADING SITE WHICH IS 100% FREE

N.B : FOR ANY ASSISTANCE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS : --@--.--
thanks for cooperation

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry mixtycal no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 5:11 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mixtycal

You can buy the full version of Virtual DJ here: www.virtualdj.com/purchase

You can download a trial version here: http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html

As for free music (illegal download?)...well, I think that would be frowned upon here so I'm not helping you with that one...sorry. Any proper download site will charge you somewhere along the line. If not, don't use it!!! The risks are too high both for you and your computer.

P

Mensajes Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 2:55 am
hello

Mensajes Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 2:20 am
Hey everyone, hope everyone is good.
My name is Vitaliy and I've been on this forum for a while reading and taking in things that you've been all talking about. All very interesting indeed. On one of the first pages, you guys asked us to share some stories so I decided to go ahead and do that.

I've been using VDJ for a while and slowly but surely, after doing some house parties for friends and what not, I finally got to do some bigger gigs at smaller clubs and have recently done a valentines party at a local Russian/Armenian club.

After a long time trying to get in, I was finally invited to come in and at first had some technical dificulties and everyting looked really bad untill about and 1.5hrs later when I got everything up and running and people simply didn't want to sit down any more.

Keep in mind also that where I spin, people are in a desparate need for some good music, and that this is a limited amount of people in Salt Lake City (SLC). I came over there and played my ass off and people simply loved it. The owners of the club came up and basically pointed out that they were going to definately be doing a lot more work with me and that I would be the full-time DJ there. I was happy.

Now after a few small gigs, I was supposed to come over and do the Valentine's Dance at that same club except now with about 120 + people. I was excited, and had my sound cards, and memory upgraded and everything I needed ready to go.

I prepared for the night, and lucky me, I tested my sound card and it actually stopped working on me in the middle of the night before the party. I had to go to a store and pick up another one in a hurry and get the music back in and analyzed and all of that good stuff.

Basically, I was ready, I knew the crowd and had new music ready to go. I played music people were used to, music that the older crowd would appreciate and different music that the younger crowd would appreciate and also included little bit of video and new music that people were very happy to hear because all of the RUssian/Armenian Clubs in Salt Lake always play crappy old music that doesn't change on occasion (ie. bday and funeral = same music LOL) and the owners don't understand that there needs to be change done to the atmosphere.

Well, I was that change and things seemed to work out, untill the guy who introduced me to the new owners who was actually the old owner of the club came over and basically muscled me out of my place. Started to play his crap which people were really pissed about and to tell you the truth, I was even more pissed about because my image was on the line and because people thought that I was taking a too long of a break. MAN YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN ME +++ PISSED+++
Basically from my and a lot of other people's points of view, it was because the new owners were enjoying more success then the old one. It was funny because the old owner gave me the runaround and didn't take me up on the gig but the new owners did and things worked out.

He was simply pissed off and piss drunk HAHA. It was nice enough for him to introduce me though.
However, I will say that I over-reacted as well. But you need to understand me as well, no-one muscles me out of something that my name and image is on the line and something that I am being paid to do.

People basically were dancing to the crap that he was playing but honetly, that wa out of necessity rather then fun and enjoyment. But I did make a comeback when he got tired and in some ways, I think that worked to my advantage. However when he started to play, I went out for a smoke and came back to my laptop closed with cognac spilled on the laptop and my cables ripped. To make sure that I would not come back on. That was messed up. HAHA didn;t know I had backups. LOL

Anyway, new crisp music, that is worked out, and some video and a plan, and a new flashy way to do it all on the laptop got be a lot of praise and love from the crowd. That honestly was one of the best nights I have ever done. Although this was a smaller club, I could definally feel the BIG love. NOT EVERYWHERE AND NOT AT ALL TIMES. But luckily I was surrounded by a lot of friends and supporters.
I had one guy who was from Cali, come up a couple of times and tell me that he could tell that I would doing it out of love and for the music, that he could feel the passion. He writes music.

But to mention something else here.

The owners of the club have never run a club before and don't know how to do it. It's more of a restaurant with a dance floor really. They don't know what kind of equipment they are running and are only happy when things are working out. Naturally.

However when I approached them, and other people approached them with me on the side, trying to tell them that they have made the correct decision in employing me at the club they didn't react in any good way. In fact, that was the last big party at that club and also the last time I've played there.

I know that I can make that place really blow up and have offered my services all the way however, they have not responded and possibly have not been taking me seriously.
This could be because of my age. I'll be 21 in May.
So I guess what I'm also trying to say is that a lot also depends on the owners of a facility.

I would love to do more parties at Arbat is Salt Lake City (SLC) Utah (UT).
Look free advertising.

My two cents, just hope I don't piss anyone off with this post.
Honestly, I loved the time in Arbat.

Vitaliy

Mensajes Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 7:11 am
if you love VDJ so much why not purchase it and get the free updates?

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 3:52 pm
24%