Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Club Mixing - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

All these club mixing tips, are they from DJs using VDJ at clubs or what? Because it's not that often that I see a DJ in my country using a laptop!

Mensajes Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 3:57 pm
VinylJoey, Yes many DJs now are using laptops at the club. The digital DJ scene isn't welcomed all over the world yet although it is certainly welcomed in North America. Besides these hints are what many of us do with/without VDJ in the club.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 4:25 pm
Hey guys im a new Dj but im crazy...im only 14 and i already hit up 3 clubs up here in Chi_town(Chicago) if u want to listen to my music just hit me up

Mensajes Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 1:35 am
Greetings.

The Club I work in is the Hardest Room I've Ever worked In.

8 pm - 9 Pm - "Loonie Hour" $1.00(cdn) Highballs And Cocktails, Glasses of Draft, and Single shot shooters

During this Hour we reach Capacity by 8:30 and the crowd could not give a crap what the I am playing, Pretty much anything they reconize. I play a lot of Classic Rock, and Pop music during this period to get every one into a drinking mood.

10 pm -10:30 pm
During this Half Hour the people who are just there for cheap drinks are done and are moving on to diffrernt places along the strip

People who are left are usually hard-core rockers, goth's, and some leftover kiddies

This is when I'm most Pre-disposed to play punk, pop-punk, heavy metal, industrial metal and top 40
The Metal heads hit the floor and mosh it up for a bit.

Also at 10 is when the Beer Tubs open

10:30 - 11:00

Usually we announce some drink specials (keep em drinking)
This is when people start to return from other places and want to party. They also start to request more modern songs and the current big hit from whomever

I usually start to mix it up a bit more - more dance less rock - still lots of industrial

11 pm - 1 am

LET'S MIX
Get em on the floor and keep em there. During these Hours I'm PLaying the most popular current hits mixed in with club classics and any remixes that i can come up with on the fly
(also I now have the rockers and metal heads bugging me to go back to guitar music)

1 am to 2 am

Start mixing the gendre's
pop/dance
techno
crossover(counrty to pop hits)
classic rock(to Advertise our Classic rock night along with the Radio dj that hosts it)

2am - 2:30

Chose (depending on bar fight likleyness) either keep the party happening or start playing crap to shoo some of the overly drunk poeple out

Usually to end the night I play one maybe two slow, cuddle up songs for anybody hooking up or couples looking to snuggle up.

2:30 - Music Ends and only dead air while poeple finish drinks and move towards the door.

The Club has been in the Same Location Doing the Same type of music format For 21 years.
Without a major renovation
Without Great Managment change
Without even some staff member changes (one waitress has been there since day 1)

It's a hard Room to play in - and the most fun I've had as DJ
Since using VDJ at the club - it's been even more fun

If anyone is in Edmonton Come and Visit

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion NightClub

Mensajes Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 9:22 am
ibocuHome userMember since 2006
slm arkadaslar ben turkeyden katılıyorum aranızda turk varsa lutfen bana yardım etsın

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 2:57 pm
yooo what's up everybody lot mixx? or nothing?this softhware is the best one

Mensajes Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:10 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
buy full version and it will be better than the best ;)

Mensajes Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:36 pm
SottanaHome userMember since 2006
Good post guy

Mensajes Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 9:40 am
dj GaGHome userMember since 2006

Mensajes Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 2:40 pm
gerd djHome userMember since 2005
Yeah thats usefull butim from Peru Latin America so the music its a little bit different from the clubs on your countries, so anyone have a recomendation for me?

Thnx

Mensajes Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 12:49 am
KoruptHome userMember since 2006
Hi People
i'm new to all of this, and i'm trying to teach myself how to dj, i kknow its probably wrong and you need someone to teach you but, i havn't found anyone that would want to teach me, and i was just wondering, how do you get an ALIAS, how do you start off your career, and what do you think is a good playlists....I respect all of you but above all OO
My thanks to you...

The Novice

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 9:41 pm
KoruptHome userMember since 2006
hi i'm back agian, i was just wondering if someone here could show me the layout of the equipment and explain to me what it does if its not to much of a bother thanx....
The Novice

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 10:15 pm
Start by reading the following informative tutorials from the very knowledgeable dj-in-norway:

DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro

BPM & MIXING GUIDE (for hip hop, rnb and many other genres)

You’ll find both tutorials in this forum.

OO

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 4:55 am

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 5:37 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can also check my blog for tutorials of speakers, audio plugs, subwoofers, microphones and balanced audio. useful knowladge for any DJ ;)

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 5:52 pm
Wow ... I am glad that I've buyed an mk2 console and now have acces to a lot of great things, and thanks for the dj lessons, i hope i will grow (:P) in near future !

Long live the DJ's !!! :))

Mensajes Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 11:43 am
Oh , I altmost forget to say, that my favorite music is club musci (126 -133 BPM), and I think it's the most easier music to mix. I also like RNB and Hip hop, but i think this is more hard to mix :), not too, but ... :P

Mensajes Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 11:45 am
zokitoHome userMember since 2006
mmm.. weno no entendi muchoi lounico q se q me la paso practicando y como no hablo ingles no te entendi mucho = lo poco q tendi me va a re servir =) supongo :P

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 12:32 am
bueno lo que lei no lo entendi mucho pero de hecho de algo me va a servir

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 1:48 am
Wuts up DJ's.. well this is DJ Chico... and im a rookie DJ.. just got in the game couple of months ago.. but i got tons of questions.. well first is first.. the equipment... im useing MP3's with da Virtual DJ.. now im saving up to buy some turn tables.. but the question is.. are there turn tables out there that hook up to the computer that you can use the MP3's to mix.. cause i kno buyin dics can get really expensive and im sure the new age DJ's have a way to hook it up to MP3's. well if anyone knows where i can find one. or whats it called.. let me kno.. and another question.. speckers.. we got two 10's.. pretty good speakers and for bass im doing it kind of ghetto...i got my four 12's from my car.. =o) and 2 amps. runnin with an inverter.. whats a good specker i can buy for bass thats not too expensive but will get the job done mean while i save my $? and Double O i was reading your post on setting the mood for the club.. good post man.. made me realize im playing my good songs too early. and then when everyone is danceing.. i get stuck on wut song to play next..

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 8:05 pm
29%