The POI Editor displays the Points Of Interest of a file, such as HotCues, Saved Loops, Automix points, Beatgrid anchors, Remix Points and Action Points with assigned VirtualDJ script actions. Any POI can be moved, adjusted, added or removed in the editor. VirtualDJ will automatically create First Beat (Beat Anchor) and Mix Point POIs when a file is first analyzed to create the Computerized Beat Grid and Automix In and Out Points of the file. These points can all be adjusted.
- File Info - This area shows the Artist, Title and Remix (if entered) of the file being edited.
- Scroll Bar - Displays the zoom level of the waveform and can be dragged to any part of the file to perform precise adjustments.
- Waveform - Provides a visual display of the audio information. It displays the beatgrid using the grayscaled background as well as the POI markers. The waveform can be zoomed in or out to make precision adjustments with a wheel mouse.
- Playhead - Shows the current position of the track. All new POIs and play functions use the playhead to determine the marker placement and start position. It can be clicked and dragged to any part of the track with a mouse.
- Option Boxes
- Snap - When checked, will line up the POI to the closest beat.
- Show All - When checked, will display all POIs (including VirtualDJ created) of the track.
- POI List - Displays all Points of Interest depending on the view chosen (Show All checked) or just the user created POIs (Show All unchecked). Any POI in the list can be highlighted (clicked on) and modified. The focussed POI’s position will display both time and the number of beats in the lower right corner of the editor.
- Point Type - POIs can be changed to a different type or edited from this area once the POI is created or selected from the POI List. Each Point will be marked on the waveform showing it’s type and position by default. Point types can be named as well as made invisible if required. Depending on the type of point chosen, some POIs can have colors associated with them.
HotCue The POI operates as a HotCue (default). Saved Loop Sets the track position as a Saved Loop. The Saved Loop will be enabled using the HotCue buttons of the VirtualDJ Interface. Action Assigns a VirtualDJ script action, which will be executed once the track reaches the specified point. Remix Point Sets the track position as a Remix point. Remix Points are available in the Pads Remix Points page. Beatgrid Anchor First Beat of the song used by VirtualDJ to create the 4-beat pattern (CBG). Additional Beatgrid Anchors can be added if the song has a variable BPM. Automix Point Sets the track position as an Automix point. A Point option drop-down list will be displayed on the right side to select the Automix point type. Load Point If a Load point is specified, the track will be loaded and stopped on this position.
- Snap to Position - Moves the highlighted POI to the position of the playhead.
- Delete - Removes the highlighted POI from the file.
- Play/Stop - Will play the track if it is stopped and will stop the track if it’s playing.
- Play-Hold - Plays the track as long as the button is held. Once released, the playhead will jump back to it’s previously stopped position.
- BPM Display - Shows the current BPM of the track and opens the BPM Editor when clicked on.
The track will only be audible through the PFL if a headphone channel or External Mixer configuration has been created in the Audio Setup. If an External Mixer Audio Setup is created, a button will appear to the left of the Play/Stop Button with channel routing options. If no PFL channel is available a pop up window will display asking if the feature can be used through the master output.
- Click on a POI from the POI List on the left, or on a POI Marker in the waveform area to select a POI.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the Waveform and the Scrollbar to navigate through the different sections of the file.
- Drag and move the POI to a new position by grabbing the Playhead (green vertical line). If Snap is enabled the POI will be moved to the nearest beat. Utilize the play buttons to preview the file as often as needed to insure correct placement of the POI.
- Use the Point Type area to Name, modify the type, and Cue behavior of the POI. The Name field can be overwritten with any preferred text. The Type will display a drop-down menu when clicked and will display the various POI types to choose from (HotCue, Saved Loop, etc). The Cue drop-down will display the POIs Cue behavior: visible or not on the Interface (Invisible/Marker Only), or if it will act as a HotCue as well.
The POI saves automatically, but can be removed by clicking on the delete button.