Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 7

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Can you give an example on how to use the VDJScript commands:

$fscommand
$fsvalue

I have gone through the Freestyler documentation and tried a few different options and could get no responce from Freestyler.

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 3:11 am
rowl3yPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi SBDJ

I use this all the time but it I think I triggers to much to fast..

EG when there is a melow and the still triggering noe like should to light.

Is there anyway we change change it go of the the wave spike not the grid ?

Also to add On freestyler I use the fav bottom.

Is there anyway I can link this to VDJ from your software .. In free styler I use a shortcut key but in VDJ it dont work ...

Also Im Rowleys from the MDF

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 4:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It doesn't trigger too fast at all. It's because it's not Sound to Light. It uses the CBG grid to achieve sync. I can't really access the waveform easily, only the VU meters, which isn't ideal really.

To be honest FreeStyler already has Sound to Light and I'm not going to duplicate that as it would be pointless - if you want Sound to Light then use that :)

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 11:51 am
clintcarlson wrote :
Can you give an example on how to use the VDJScript commands:

$fscommand
$fsvalue

I have gone through the Freestyler documentation and tried a few different options and could get no responce from Freestyler.

Hi,

This will toggle blackout:

set '$fsvalue' 1 & set '$fscommand' 2

The network equivalent should be:

set '$fsvalue' 255 & set '$fscommand' 2

I'm having some issues there so will do some testing later.

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 12:10 pm
OK,

v1.2.1 uploaded which should fix sending commands via the network.

So for non-network:

$fscommand correlates to the wParam from the wMsg, wParam column - for example WM_USER, 0 would be 0.
$fsvalue is the lParam value.

For network:

$fscommand correlates to the code
$fsvalue is either 0 or 255 (docs say 0 on release, 255 on click) or 0-255 for a fader value.

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 12:26 pm
OP updated to include some new information ;)

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 9:28 am
I havent looked at the vdj script side yet but here is a tutorial showing how to network 2 pcs and link vdj to freestyler using this new update to the SBDJ S2L Plugin. Hope this helps you to make it go.

Brilliant work SBDJ - absolute legend!!

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 6:56 pm
No worries.

It's worth noting that if you already have a network connection between the two machines then you don't need to reconfigure it, and that you could use a router/hub/switch instead of a crossover cable.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 7:12 pm
Yes for sure - I did have that as part of the speil originally bit it waffled on a bit so I decided to just say I didnt want to get into network connections too deeply ;) This is basically the cheapest and easiest way to connect two pcs out at a gig unless you want to carry extra equipment like routers or switches and cables.

I also tried this having both pcs connected by wireless and it worked great.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 7:17 pm
Cue plugin approved :-)

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 12 @ 3:48 pm
Hi Scott. Cue Plugin is looking great. How do i get it to react with Freestyler. I have tried a few different thing. I did test the pass beats and that works great. I have selected pass cues in the S2L plugin and monitor cues in the Cue Plugin. In freestyler i use some old cues that i use on a regular basis and tried several options and could not see any response from the cue points i made in Virtual DJ. Could you explain a little more on how this plugin is supposed to talk to Freestyler? I tried using Cuelist buttons and also making several sequences in a cue to check if it works that way. Pass beats works well to change steps in a cue but how would we get it to change cue? I did try with Pass beats turned off as well.

PS. Thanks for the $FSCOMMAND Codes that you posted. Already setup and got my tablet controlling lights through VirtualDJ and dirrectly with Freestyler.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 12:57 am
Did you rename your cue points in Virtual DJ so that it knows what to send to FreeStyler?

For example to send "Toggle CueList 1" you name your cue point to:

FS:272,1

or over a network connection:

FS:272,255

It's annoying that FS uses different values for the network and local - although FS appears to respond to the network vales over a non-network connection too. I can't guarantee that though.

It's also a problem in that FS only offers the action of toggle in some cases which might be a problem for some people. Several people have been making feature requests for years to have this changed to start/stop actions.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 3:14 am
Thanks Scott. All up and running. Now to find a skin or plugin that is able to do larger numbers of cue points.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 4:32 am
Glad it's working for you!

You can just use vdjscript to map the cue points if you want, map some keyboard keys to set_cue 10 etc.

I'd like to see some of the cool things people can accomplish using these plugins - videos welcome :)

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 4:59 am
Would you be making these plugins available for Mac? A few of my DJ friends run Virtual on a Mac and freestyler on another pc as there is no stable release of Freestyler for the Mac yet.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 12:07 am
Certainly can.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 8:05 am
I can't get this plugin to work, and I don't know why. I read this whole thread and watched the video. I seem to be doing everything the same, but I must be missing something.

I have a scene playing in freestyler with the speaker not crossed out (react to sound enabled). In virtual dj I have a song playing and pass beats white (enabled) and have clicked Refind many times. My light is playing the scene I created, but no matter what I do I cannot get it to beat with the music.

What else could I be missing?

Thanks!

Mensajes Sat 10 Mar 12 @ 5:11 pm
When you click 'use network' does the box turn white?

Mensajes Sat 10 Mar 12 @ 5:42 pm
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can someone PLEASE do a short video on how to make the cue points to use with FS. I like to have a blackout cue and a strobe cue I can place in the tracks. OR a detailed instruction how to do it step by step. Some of us are just dim-witted with this stuff :) By the way I have it chasing S2L, so that's not the issue 4 me. THANK YOU!!!! Lo

Mensajes Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 4:55 pm
I will make one :)

Mensajes Mon 26 Mar 12 @ 6:37 pm
49%