Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: SBDJ FreeStyler - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It already works, just need to polish and release :)

Mensajes Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 4:01 pm
Yay!! Thanks! Looking forward to using it!
I'm sure the code you use can easily be put to the use of doing Cue Events, so I'm looking forward to that eventually coming out too after this one is tested & released. I'm so excited!!

Mensajes Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 8:14 pm
djjon76PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Got it up and running here as well!

so I'd be very interested when you get the cue points feature all sorted.

Kudos to you!

Jonno

Mensajes Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 5:59 am
Scott

I might be very wrong here but I seem to recall when you initially spoke of this project (maybe a different thread) I expressed an interest though I don't use Freestyler and asked if it was possible that the plugin could send MIDI commands or maybe be made to work with other software in the future, in my case Visual DMX.
Even if you were to consider this, I wouldn't rush into it as apparently there is an entire re-write of VDMX for V2 in the works.
In which case, what would you need to be able to control it?

Ross

Mensajes Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 3:10 pm
Hi Guys,

I use both VDJ and Freestyler quite extensively. I love the idea of some integration between the 2 and would be happy to beta test any ideas.

With regard to the number of 'lighting cues' per song, I don't think that you need many at all. Freestyler allows time coding the cue stack so you only need the initial trigger to line it all up. The rest is down to programming the actual sequences. Obviously, having as many lighting cue points as possible is an advantage as you can load in different cues during the song thus allowing programming using submasters.

I personally would write the software with unlimited cue points allowable so that those with more powerful computers could use more.

Good luck with this. It might be worth speaking to the Freestyler developer to see if he can help.

Cheers

Rick

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 5:12 am
If anyone can tell me if ADJ MyDMX can be used somehow in freestyler i would be very thankful.
It seems so far any combination i try in regards to using this as a device hasn't been possible, am i doing something wrong?

An answer would really be helpful, any google search i've tried is either unanswered or has nothing to do with this issue, I can't
be the only one out there?

Will MyDMX work with Freestyler?
Which device option would at least recognize MyDMX?
Would different firmware make MyDMX useable?

The most help i've discovered is that MyDMX is similar to Sunlite, problem is Freesyler hasn't been able to send any commands to MyDMX.

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 11:12 am
I havent tried that iface. You would probably get a better response in freestyler forums for this one.

Mensajes Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 3:23 pm
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi SBDJ, want to tell you....your plugin rocks, thnx man.

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 11 @ 8:43 pm
Which means someone has violated their license agreement by sharing the plugin with you then surely?

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 11:34 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ Ross M wrote :
I might be very wrong here but I seem to recall when you initially spoke of this project (maybe a different thread) I expressed an interest though I don't use Freestyler and asked if it was possible that the plugin could send MIDI commands or maybe be made to work with other software in the future, in my case Visual DMX.

I am curious as well, I use Chauvet - Show Express or "Sweet Light" which can do DMX & MIDI inputs through a DMX patch. Would MIDI pass the beat to my software better than using a 2nd PC and the internal laptop mic?

I am still real new to PC based DMX, bux have used a few DMX hardware controlers in the past. I am always looking into how to best display my shows.

Mensajes Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 9:49 pm
HI Guys,

This is my first post on the forum so be gentle!

I have been using VDJ for just over a year and I love it, I have just started to play with Freestyler and stumbled across this thread, fantastic plug-in by the way Scott, I am currently using a laptop for VDJ and another for freestyler as I don't want to use VDJ and freestyler on the same machine, less reason for it crash. Is there any way I can feed the output from my VDJ laptop into the machine running Freestyler for this plug-in. I am also very keen to get my hands on the cue point segment of this plug-in, any news?

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 4:35 am
I've got an updated version of this plugin with network support :)

I will get it sorted.

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 3:30 pm
Yes please Scott... That's what I've been waiting for...

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 3:03 pm
Scott,

Thanks so much for the plugin. I have been using it, and it is great. I just wanted to ask if you have any ETA on the version that will pass cue points. The network connection would also be fantastic, as I would like to seperate lights from music, if I can.

Thanks again for the great work!
Bill

Mensajes Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 2:35 pm
Scott, many thanks for this plugin!
Worked fine for me on my combo Box (Sound/Light) but I will devide sound an light to independent PC's and therefore I'm looking for the new plugin with network support.

thanks in adavance
Tom

Mensajes Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 9:36 pm
v1.2 has now been uploaded.

If upgrading please backup the old plugin first so you can revert if you have any issues.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13067/SBDJ_FreeStyler_S2L.html

Network support is now available. If the plugin fails to connect to the network server it will automatically fall back to non-network mode. Network mode will also automatically disengage when you start moving the address sliders. Once you have chosen your address re-enable network mode.

It also listens for two VDJScript commands:

$fscommand
$fsvalue

These commands use the values in the "SendMessage and TCPIP.pdf" documentation supplied with FreeStyler. This obviously allows you to control most aspects of FreeStyler from VDJScript - meaning you could map scenes, blackouts etc to MIDI controls within VDJ.

You know what is coming next ;)

One small caveat with network support. I reported a bug back in September whereby sometimes it seems that FS doesn't process the network S2L trigger correctly. I was able to reproduce repeatedly, but having tested just now it's not doing it. If this does happen to you then to get around this use the built in S2L program to trigger once - network support seemed to work fine afterwards.

If you experience this I'd be interested in knowing.

Regards,

Scott

Mensajes Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 8:59 pm
You are a genius!! Thanks so much for this!!

I have just loaded a second laptop with freestyler and copied the database over. Linked them both up on the wireless network at home. Working perfect - brilliant!!

Frees up a usb port for firetext and I can get the midi foot pedal working again on the second pc to control the lighting cues while it still keeps in beat with a signal from a wireless router in the back of the case.

So happy - thanks again.

Will upload a video soon showing it all working.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 2:06 am
wow this is gonna be awesome!

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 4:07 am
I'm going to try and get the fs devs to add something too - my plugin differentiates between a normal beat and beat 1 of a bar. This information could be useful to FS, I use it in my own DMX implementation :-)

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 5:18 am
You are the MAN!!!

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 12:23 am
42%