Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: EBM & Aggrotech DJ's, advice please? - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

@blulite: I presume you mean dj-unknown69 or do you want me do to an aggrotech mix :P

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 1:41 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
jboerlage wrote :
@blulite: I presume you mean dj-unknown69 or do you want me do to an aggrotech mix :P

lol, yeah i meant unknown...but if you want to do an agrotech mix you can. i might do one myslef actually

would have to locate some tracks first though as its not something i carry

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 2:52 pm
Oohhhhh that sounds like a nice challenge! Since neither you or me have any experience with that genre its gonna be fun

Ur on :P And ehm.. keep it tastefull no Hitler speeches huh :P

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 3:36 pm
lol deal, i have to find some tracks first, it will probably take me a week to find some tracks. well decent ones anyway. if there is such a thing on the industrial scene. might have to do some bonny remixing to make it more listenable.

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 4:08 pm
Sunday is my mix night, sunday deadline?

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 4:16 pm
cool yeah sounds good to me. length? about 30 mins?? dont think i could compe with much more lol.

Mensajes Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 4:54 pm
sounds like fun... post any names you have and i'll give it a whirl, it looked like a vinyl only type of scene though, so might have to be crappy youtube rips because i'm not spending money on this lol

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 3:38 am
Thats three!

I'd say..

- Around 30-40 minutes
- EBM, Aggrotech, Dark electro, Cyber, Goth, Synthrock, homebrew, whatever has this type of atmosphere

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 4:13 am
@synth, ie ripped load from demonoid and the pirate bay, as well spotify. i had the exact same thoughts as you. no way am i spending money on a genre i know nothing about. i could end up sifting through hundreds or even thousands of tracks trying to find a decent amount worthy of a set.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:10 am
I dont think I want to be a part of this anymore... have you seen the themes of the songs, here is a couple of names

pray to the razor
Death Wish
Dying Wish
living hell
God Hates Us All

that's messed up bro if you feel like that maybe you shouldn't listen to this...

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:49 am
@synthet1c

Jups thats the genre, but regardless of the theme, its still a musical expression and subculture, interesting enough as music to explore. But it helps I'm a Dutch agnostic it will take more than a few dark lyrics to get me off.

Besides that there is also allot of stuff without the death wish and religious slander.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:54 am
fair enough I guess, i'm not a christian and not offended but i'm definately not at all goth, but im listening to it now it reminds me of bad hard trance or nrg from the late 90's and early 2000's production wise with a bit of heavily distorted screaming vocals, but i'll see if I can still find some good acid techno from ASYS, hellraiser, sanders, the crow

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 6:20 am
i see what you mean about the track titles, i found one called jesus is gay...hats just completely wrong. but, each to their own i suppose.

most ot the titles ive come across though are pretty normal. there seems to be only the odd sadistic blasphemies.

im still going to do a set. with proper techniques.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 11:32 am
well, 474 tracks later and ive got 9 to work with.....sigh...ah well, tomorrows another day.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 1:26 pm
out of the tracks i got last night, about the best production I got was by "alien vampires" or "suicide commando" but I wasn't listening that hard tbh

the best title I found was... "footjob addiction" LMAO i don't care what it sounds like it's in!

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 3:50 pm
Ok everyone I want to thank you all for the great advice I believe it has helped me a lot.

here is a practice set of myself playing a mix of Top 40. electro, latin house, Mambo, Merengue, and bachata.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gyva5cv4f5d5ydl

I would appreciate any feedback on this......

As far as the goth industrial club I was djing at is concerned.... I was asked again if I be interested in coming back. Apparently there were people in this club who enjoyed the tracks I played that the other DJ's don't play. They only asked that I play the songs longer and play the more well known ones. I also plan to use the harmonic mixing scale when I go next time.

I don't have a updated EBM/Aggrotech mix to share with anyone but every check out my mix above and leave me some feedback.

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 4:46 pm
synthet1c wrote :
out of the tracks i got last night, about the best production I got was by "alien vampires" or "suicide commando" but I wasn't listening that hard tbh

the best title I found was... "footjob addiction" LMAO i don't care what it sounds like it's in!

alien vampires i seen kicking about, but ive not spotted suicide commando. hahaha footjob addiction, mint..

Mensajes Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 6:33 pm
@dj-unknown69

Ok I listened to your practicemix until the fourth song or so, harmonic choices or not, but its still not mixing!!

What you seem to be doing is this..

You play song A, Somewhere on the line, not on a drop, pattern or anything predicatable, you fade in song B while simultaniously fading out song B. And if I hear correctly you are not even using the crossfader to do this, but the channel faders (causing volume drops). And all within 5- 10 seconds.

What you should be doing is this (and this is just super basic)..

Play song A, at a well choosen point (drop, end of chorus, etc etc) MIX in the intro of song B, not by fading it in, but introducing it at the either a little lower or same volume as song A. Make sure you choose a point in song B which is also right at the start of a new patern (fortunately the start of the song, most of the time, is). Than, once the main theme of song B is about to start, move the volume weight to B, and on the right moment get rid of song B.

Listen to the first two songs of this mix (http://i.mixcloud.com/CZiS6), than get them somewhere and try it yourself:

Song A plays alone until 1:29. Yuu hear the build up from 20-29? at 1:29 song B starts in right at the start of the record. Slightly lower volume, but keep Song A on full volume. Dont change a thing until around 2 minutes. Start getting record B a little bit more volume. From 2:30 get rid of the bass and trebble of Song A. from 3:13 song A is exit never to return. Thats allmost 2 minutes, not 2 seconds!

Mensajes Thu 28 Jul 11 @ 11:04 am
Ok im sorry I mean't that was a practice Blend NOT mixing. I got them both confused at times. I wasn't looking to Blend the songs together. I know mixing is longer then 2-10 seconds.

I did use the crossfader btw. I haven't even begind to try mixing yet. I want to get my blends down first before mixing!

Mensajes Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 3:50 pm
hi 69, you wont ever get your blending down untill you actually mix.

dont use the fader, use the eq. turn them all down and gradually bring in each one and listen for them coming in. this will help with volume leveling lso, but what you have to realise also is your volume levelling has to be done with the gain controlls. thats what theyre there for.

blending and mixing have to go together this is why most pros use undermixing. leave the cross fader alone in a central position and use only the eq for mixing.

dont try to blend, or mix, try to transition between tracks using all the techniques it takes to do so. harmonics, underixing, volume levelling, beat matching and beat counting are the basic basis on which to make the transition.

Mensajes Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 5:01 pm
56%