Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Windows 10 yes or no? - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
W10 and vDJ8 works fine with me

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 4:00 pm
I have been working with Windows since 1985 before it was released. We did drivers and a graphics program for windows called In-a-vision. We worked closely with MS in those days and they gave us a special windows run time so you did not have to have windows installed on your machine for you to run In-a-vision. No point in writing for windows if no one had it so this is the way MS handled it in the early days.

As each new windows version came out, it was necessary to modify our software. Windows started out with 16 colors, then a move to 256 palette colors, and then a transition to 32 bit color. As hardware changed so did the windows versions and the software using windows. Changes in software for windows versions still happen today but sometimes not as evident to end users.

I don't think Win 7 is far superior to XP as Phantom says. I would still be using XP if my XP machine had not died. I have other machines with with Vista and Win 7 on them. I have ways to test other windows versions as well.

I don't think Microsoft thinks Vista, Win 7, or Win 8, were far superior to XP. I think it is the reason they are offering Win 10 as a free upgrade.

These days, there is no way I would update my machine to a new windows version. I have to have something I know is dependable or I know the quirks. The way I eventually update is to get a new machine. New machines have new hardware and new windows versions can take advantage of that and I don't have to worry about being clobbered by installing a new windows version on an existing system which can be very time consuming. This is the way I do it anyway.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 11:01 pm
I upgraded my virtual dj laptop to windows 10 and have not had any issues. My main computer I am going to keep on windows 7 because I like it better and all my programs work well.

Mensajes Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 7:21 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Microsoft have put me right off Win10.
I will not be upgrading.

Win 7 has been harmed by problems related to auto updates, and I needed to turn them off.
Win 10 updates can't be switched off?
This is a deal breaker.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 1:12 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
On every system that I have worked on, Windows 10 has worked just fine and very stable. Some people just don't like how certain things have changed and want to complain about it. Stability wise, I haven't seen any issues with it in about 6mo since most companies got on board.

2 Things:

1. Microsoft has stated that this is the last version of Windows. They've changed the way the OS is designed and made it more modular. Meaning, before, you had to get special additions and new versions of Windows to improve certain things or upgrade. Now, since they designed it modular, they can pull out and put new pieces in as they go on. Meaning, the OS will be constantly upgrading and evolving. That's why they state that it's most likely the last version.

2. Windows 10 is free for upgrade until the end of this month. Any valid and license version of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 qualifies for the free update. After the end of this month, upgrading or buying a new copy of the OS is going to cost somewhere between $100-200.

Every customer of mine except one is now on Windows 10 and having no problems. If you have problems with Windows 10 on your machine, you may want to dig a little deeper and find out why. I would guess that it isn't actually Windows fault. There could be other factors causing problems.

Hope that helps.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 3:10 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)