Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: PAD - BLINK - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi everyone,

I have created a custom pad page on XP1 and would like the pads to flash when activated. I assigned as a led action:

blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'darkred'

the pads work as I would like, ie if I activate them they flash (light red - dark red) if I turn them off they remain dark red. In the Virtual DJ skin, however, the pads continue to flash even if they are turned off on XP1, is this normal or is there a way to make the pads in the Virtual DJ skin flash only when activated?

I also take this opportunity to ask if it is possible to make the pads of the sampler page flash when they are pressed and the samples go to play.

Thanks in advance to those who will answer.

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 8:28 pm

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 8:53 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
That mapping is only on your controller though... If you mean you mapped the controller led that way

You can edit the sampler pads in the pads editor and add some script to blink and color there
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/padseditor.html

I mapped the led from the pad editor page not from the controller mapping, but while on XP1 the pads are off in the Vrtual DJ skin they flash, if I turn them on on XP1 in the skin they keep flashing, in fact I was wondering if it was possible to make them stay off when they are off also in the controller and flashing when I activate them and flashing in the controller.

For the samples, I am doing some tests both in the mapping of the controller and in the pad page but so far I have only managed to make them always flash and not only when they are in play, you have some commands to suggest to me to try to make them flash only when they are the play ?

Thank you

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 9:36 pm
Using this command:

blink ? pad_button_color 1 : sample_color 1 ''auto''

I can make it blink when the sample is in stop and lit when the sample is in play, I should get the opposite but every test does not work at the moment.

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 10:07 pm
Not entirely sure I understand what you are doing or want to do...

But lets say you are using sampler on a pad, in Pad Editor.
The Action (push action) could then be: sampler_pad 1
And the color: sampler_pad 1 ? blink ? color "green" : color "red" : color "blue"

That would blink green and red when playing, and be blue when off..

In your example you might probably want something like

blink ? blink on color : blink off color : off color
so .. blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'darkred' : color 'blue'
(but needs more than that, but you might have before blink)

Maybe that gets you somewhere

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 10:17 pm
For starters, starting a script with
blink ?

will make the led blink always no matter what.

So, for a led to have on/off/blink states you need to map as follows:
query ? blink ? color 'red' : color 50% 'red' : color 'black'

OR
query1 ? color 'green' : query2 ? blink ? color 'red' : color 50% 'red' : color 'black'

Now, sampler pads are somehow special when it comes to their colors as the software itself tries to provide the best dimmed/full colors on the leds based on the color of the sample itself and it's playback state.

For the sampler therefore I would do:
sampler_play 1 ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color 1 : color 'black' : sampler_color 1 "auto"

With the above code the led will blink but not to full/dimmed color. It will blink to full color / black instead.
Currently there's no way to get the dimmed color of a sample (while the sample is playing)

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 10:46 pm
Not entirely sure I understand what you are doing or want to do...

But lets say you are using sampler on a pad, in Pad Editor.
The Action (push action) could then be: sampler_pad 1
And the color: sampler_pad 1 ? blink ? color "green" : color "red" : color "blue"

That would blink green and red when playing, and be blue when off..

In your example you might probably want something like

blink ? blink on color : blink off color : off color
so .. blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'darkred' : color 'blue'
(but needs more than that, but you might have before blink)

Maybe that gets you somewhere

In fact :-) they were two separate questions.

The first concerns a pad page created to command a vst, I wanted the pads to flash when activated and with the command

in XP1 everything works fine, but in the Virtual DJ skin the pads always remain flashing even when they are not active, I don't know if there is anything to add to the command I used to make them flash only when they are active.

The other question concerned the pads used with the sampler, I would like that when I send a sample to play the pad would flash keeping the original color already set in the sampler editor. Inserting in the mapper "LED_SAMPLER_PAD of xp1

blink ? pad_button_color 1: sample_color 1 '' auto ''

I managed to make it flash when it is in stop and on when it is in play, instead I need the exact opposite. If I manage to obtain the opposite, the pad will flash when it is playing regardless of the color of the sample that will be given automatically based on the selected sample bank.

I hope I was able to explain myself bette

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 10:57 pm
Still not exactly sure how you mapped things
But I guess you want something like this in the color part of the Pad Editor

effect_button "my vst name" 22 ? blink ? sample_color 1 : color "black" : color "blue"

or

effect_button "my vst name" 22 ? blink ? sample_color 1 : color "darkred" : sample_color 1 "auto"

In other words, you need to tell when to blink, as part of the script.
For example when button 22 is pressed

Totally depends on mapping though.
Not sure why a VST mapping should show sampler color, makes little sense...
But perhaps you made just some examples. If so replace "sample_color" with color "something"

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 11:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
For starters, starting a script with
blink ?

will make the led blink always no matter what.

So, for a led to have on/off/blink states you need to map as follows:
query ? blink ? color 'red' : color 50% 'red' : color 'black'

OR
query1 ? color 'green' : query2 ? blink ? color 'red' : color 50% 'red' : color 'black'

Now, sampler pads are somehow special when it comes to their colors as the software itself tries to provide the best dimmed/full colors on the leds based on the color of the sample itself and it's playback state.

For the sampler therefore I would do:
sampler_play 1 ? blink 500ms ? sampler_color 1 : color 'black' : sampler_color 1 "auto"

With the above code the led will blink but not to full/dimmed color. It will blink to full color / black instead.
Currently there's no way to get the dimmed color of a sample (while the sample is playing)

Now I understand why I only managed to get the opposite, I did not know that the dimmed color was not supported with the play samples. In fact, with the inverted command as I had written it I could get the light / dark color flashing with any automatic color set in the samples of the various banks. I imagined that before blink something had to be entered and I was doing several tests. In the way you suggested it works even if the pad always remains with the light color even if it is off (as if there was no auto-dim)

As for the other question, the only thing I'm missing is understanding the query to insert before blink. The pads control the effects of the VST of the Pioneer RMX-1000, the red colored pads control the upper effects and the blue colored pads the lower ones. If I try to insert before blick effect_button 'RMX-1000' 31? the pad remains with the dark color, if I put effect_slider 'RMX-1000 31 (as in the main action) the pad turns off.
Although I have to insert something before "blink" if I don't do it on XP1 the pads work fine off / on flashing light color / dark color only in the skin they flash, what query do you think I can enter?

Thank you for your time you are dedicating to me

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 11:48 pm
Still not exactly sure how you mapped things
But I guess you want something like this in the color part of the Pad Editor

effect_button "my vst name" 22 ? blink ? sample_color 1 : color "black" : color "blue"

or

effect_button "my vst name" 22 ? blink ? sample_color 1 : color "darkred" : sample_color 1 "auto"

In other words, you need to tell when to blink, as part of the script.
For example when button 22 is pressed

Totally depends on mapping though.
Not sure why a VST mapping should show sampler color, makes little sense...
But perhaps you made just some examples. If so replace "sample_color" with color "something"

No Rune, it will be the translator's fault :-) the vst has nothing to do with the sampler, they were two different questions.
The pads of the first question control the effects of the vst, for the sampler it was an additional question but deferred from the first. I tried your advice but nothing happens as I reported to Phantom DJ.
Taking the example of pad 1 only The main command is

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0? off & effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31: on & effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0

in the color I currently have

in this way on XP1 it works well but on the Virtual DJ skin it remains flashing because, I think I understand, the query to insert before "blink" is missing. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks also to you for your time and you are dedicating me

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 11:58 pm
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0? off & effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31: on & effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0

skin it remains flashing because, I think I understand, the query to insert before "blink" is missing

Yes, you didnt add anything before "blink". You need to say when to blink, else it will just blink no matter what.

For the color try something along

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0? blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'black' : color 'darkred'

If you want it to blink red when slider is at zero, and be dark red when not.
Or change the logic if you want something else...

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 & param_bigger 0 ? blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'black' : color 'darkred'

For the opposite, blink when not zero, else be dark red

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 12:02 am
btw,

For your button. I guess you want the slider 31 to be a value in the middle part

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0? off & effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 1 : on & effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0

Or something like that (although it might work fine without perhaps)

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 12:07 am
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

skin it remains flashing because, I think I understand, the query to insert before "blink" is missing

Yes, you didnt add anything before "blink". You need to say when to blink, else it will just blink no matter what.

For the color try something along

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0? blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'black' : color 'darkred'

If you want it to blink red when slider is at zero, and be dark red when not.
Or change the logic if you want something else...

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 & param_bigger 0 ? blink 700ms? color 'red': color 'black' : color 'darkred'

For the opposite, blink when not zero, else be dark red

While I was waiting I managed to solve like this:

effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 0 ? color 'red': effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 1 ? blink 700ms ? color 'red': color 'darkred'

I had already tried this but with effect_slider 'RMX-1000' 31 127 it didn't work .. I had to put 1 even though both 1 and 127 give the command on the button on the vst.

Now I do this for all the pads and their respective button control numbers and see if they all work fine, I'll give you an answer shortly.

Thank you

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 12:26 am
Everything seems ok for RMX-500 and RMX-1000, to map the Turnado vst I had to use param_bigger 0 because some pads have the same control number but different effect activation values, so without adding param_bigger 0 I would turn on a pad that flashed and turned off the one with the same control number, this way everything seems to work.

As for the samples, I used the command suggested by PhantomDeeJay:

sampler_play 1? blink 500ms? sampler_color 1: color 'black': sampler_color 1 "auto"

in this way the sample pads always have the brightest color and when I play the sample the pad flashes, fine, but is it possible to have the darkest color in the pad when the sample is stopped?

Thanks again for your help

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 2:19 am
I take advantage of this topic again to ask if in a pad to which a double command has been assigned with the 'holding' function it is possible to assign a double flash depending on whether the first action or the second is in function.

I was also wondering (but I think it will not be possible) if it is possible to assign to a pad or the led of that pad, when pressed, to stop the flashing of the led of another pad.

Thank you

Mensajes Fri 26 Feb 21 @ 11:04 pm
Probably both. Depends a bit on script.

The opposite button can query if first button is true, and first button can do different things depending on conditions. But hard to say without an example or something that tells what you are trying to do :)

Mensajes Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 12:33 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
in fact both are not totally impossible
if you play with a variable enabling the blinking mode and reset it in the other pad
if the pad toggles the function the other pad use in a way to blink
if you query other pad status
cues play pause stems loops ... do it

But this can be dangerous :
if wrong pad is specified VDJ can crash and won't start again until pad is fixed externally
(specially pad recursion: pad self calling & pad calling a pad calling it)

Mensajes Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 1:41 pm
Probably both. Depends a bit on script.

The opposite button can query if first button is true, and first button can do different things depending on conditions. But hard to say without an example or something that tells what you are trying to do :)

Absolutely yes, I would have posted my example as soon as the answer was positive! :-)
In the meantime, I solved the first question, I managed to make the pad flash when turned on and change the color of the flash when pressed for 100ms, this in my mapper helps me understand when the additional echo of the RMX-500 vst assigned to each individual pad which control the scene effects is activated or deactivated, really very useful and also beautiful to look at.

Let's see if it is also possible to solve the second question, I try to explain it with the commands I used.
I'm just doing the simplified example of pad 1 which controls the first scene effect of the vst while pressing it harder activates the additional echo and mapped like this:

action:
holding 100ms ? effect_slider 'RMX-500' 30 0 ? off & effect_slider 'RMX-500' 30 127 : on & effect_slider 'RMX-500' 30 0 : effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 0? off & effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 127 : on & effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 0

color:
effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 1 ? effect_slider 'RMX-500' 30 1 ? blink 700ms ? color 'red' : color 'white' : effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 1 ? blink 700ms ? colo 'red' : color 'darkred' : color 'red' : color 'red'

in this way pad 1 is "dark red" when it is off, it flashes "dark red - red" when it is on, if pressed harder it activates the echo of the vst and it flashes "red - white" when I turn it off it returns "dark red ". Perfect functioning!

Pad 16 controls the release effect of the RMX-500 (Backspin - Echo - Vinyl Brake) and is mapped like this:

action:
effect_slider 'RMX-500' 32 127 while_pressed

color:
Green

when I press it, the release effect selected in the RMX-500 activates and remains active as long as I keep the pad pressed. Perfect functioning.

So finally, is it possible to stop pad 1 flashing for as long as pad 16 is pressed?

Thanks always!

Mensajes Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:07 pm
Probably just have to query that in the script you set for blink on pad 1 .. .

effect_slider 'RMX-500' 32 & not param_equal 127 (if thats what pad 16 is setting it to)

Mensajes Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:11 pm
Probably just have to query that in the script you set for blink on pad 1 .. .

effect_slider 'RMX-500' 32 & not param_equal 127 (if thats what pad 16 is setting it to)

It works with not param_equal 1, so it becomes:

effect_slider 'RMX-500' 32 & not param_equal 1 ? effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 1 ? effect_slider 'RMX-500' 30 1 ? blink 700ms ? color 'red' : color 'white' : effect_slider 'RMX-500' 17 1 ? blink 700ms ? colo 'red' : color 'darkred' : color 'red' : color 'red'

however in this way when I press pad 16, pad 1 turns black, as if it goes out and then flashes again when I release pad 16. If I wanted to keep the original color of pad 1 (red in this case) while I press the pad 16?

Thank you

Mensajes Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:51 pm
71%