Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: disappointment - atomix, now virtual DJ (again!) - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

One pAkHome userMember since 2002
okay i haven't written anything for awhile , but if it isn't suggested already, make any upgrades to atomixmp3 up to par or if not better , and charge the atomix users a dollar or so for every upgrade?? fair idea if you dont want to pay for the Virtual dj price and we can pick the upgrades ......... :D

Dj one pak !!!!!!!!

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 3:31 pm
One pAkHome userMember since 2002
okay i haven't written anything for awhile , but if it isn't suggested already, make any upgrades to atomixmp3 up to par or if not better to vdj, and charge the atomix users a dollar or so for every upgrade?? fair idea if you dont want to pay for the Virtual dj price and we can pick the upgrades we want ......... :D

Dj one pak !!!

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 3:32 pm
lol... I dont think there gonna do that.. Why do u think they brought virtual dj out?? It really should have been an upgrade for atomixmp3 but they decided to make it a completely different program to make more money. The only reason to buy virtual dj is to get better sound quality. Who knows.. Maybe they will upgrade atomix.. but so far the upgrades have been shocking.. 2.2 wasn't worth making.. What they really should have done is upgraded the sound like most users suggested..

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 3:44 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Like I said before, VirtualDJ is VirtualDJ, and Atomixmp3 is Atomixmp3. They are indeed 2 seperate softwares. Atomixmp3 was built on the sound engine that was available at the time, and VirtualDJ takes advantage of some advances that had occurred in the years in between. Atomixmp3, while it may still be serviced and updated, will never be based on the same sound design as VirtualDJ. No amount of pissing and moaning will change that.
It's interesting to see a guy who has been a LONG TIME demo user sit here in the forums and whimper and complain. If you don't like Atomixmp3, don't buy it. But just because you use the demo (for like a year) doesn't give you the opening to come here and bash and bash and bash! If however, you do like Atomixmp3, then BUY it. You comments, both good and bad might then carry just a little bit more weight, once you become an actual customer.

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 4:45 pm
Just becasue im a demo user dosn't mean that i cant come onto the forums and say my piece.. All i am doing is saying what i think about the programs and the company.. And the bottom line is - If they upgrade atomixmp3 to perfect sound quality then i mite buy it but untill then, im not bothered. As for virtual dj, i dont think its worth the money as it does more or less the same as atomixmp3, just with a few added features..

Peace..

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 7:24 pm
As a demouser you're entitled to your opinion. But I don't understand your reasoning.

You say that you would buy atomixmp3 if it had the same soundquality as VDJ. And soundquality is an important part of the SW. I agree.
But then you say that VDJ and Atomixmp3 is more or less the same thing. Have you tried VDJ fully? If you have, you should know that it can do so much more than Atomixmp3. "Unlimited" looplength, more powerful effects, better scratching, zoomable rhythm-window, compatible with several remote controllers, and m.m.

And it has the better soundquality.

Atomixmp3 costs $60
VirtualDJ costs $114

That's just $54 extra. If you're only willing to pay $60, then atomixmp3 and its soundquality and features is what you shall recieve. $114 is not alot of money for what you get in return.
If you are serious about your mixing... $114 is nothing.

If it is the system requirements that is preventing you from buying, then what's to say that atomixmp3 would not also demand more of your computer if its soundquality was improved.

- Jim

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 8:20 pm
ok dark storm i thought you have searched the programs quite well before you post.You are free to say any opinion for any program ...we do so and we dont get paid for that... but before you have some opinion you have to search the programs.I dont accept that vdj is a program with "some extra features" i can accept that is a program with a "lot of extra features" it looks like atomixmp3 but search it a little...and then post again.

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 11:46 pm
What i wanna know is - What will the company do now with atomixmp3?? Will they improve the sound or will they just keep bringing out meaningless updates??

Also i have tryed the full version of virtual dj as my friend from college has it.. And to me, it is the same as atomixmp3, just with a few improved features. This is just my opinion, but its the opinion of the public that needs to be looked at to improve the software.

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 12:02 pm
IMO sound quality will not get improved any further. Come on, there is already another program out there that achieves perfect sound quality and aims at every single DJ on Earth, whether pro or bedroom or whatever. Why would the team bother to improve AtomixMP3's sound quality. Maybe some minor improvements will be released, but nothing big that's for sure.

VDJ is moving on. Atomix *used* to. Period. And that's only natural because Atomixmp3 is already very well featured for the price and most of the things that could be done to improve it have already been done.

I agree they should keep track of the way you sort the songs' display, though. But that's not sound quality related.

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 1:26 pm
hey so now that theres vdj there will problee be no atomixmp3 updates and vdj will be the main focus of the atomixmp3 staff so dont B.S. we all know it atomixmp3 is dead and VDJ will rule because it will always have the freshest skins, effects, and updates!!!

THERE I SAID WHAT WE ALL KNEW WOULD HAPPEN

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 6:17 pm
We don't know this. I'm sure there are a bunch of things that can and will be improved in the software.

But atomixmp3-users must realize that maybe one day... there won't be anymore FREE updates and that every line of code that can be improved upon...has been.

Skin and effects are somthing we users have to play around with. So it's not the teamers fault if developers are concentrating their efforts on VDJ instead of atomixmp3.

Just my opinion... as I am too part of the public opinion.

- Jim

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 3:03 am
Well sadly i think that is the case as all efforts to update and produce new skins have been for virtual dj and not for atomix.. The best thing about atomix is its speed. i love the speed and it is way faster than virtual dj. (I do have a fast computer) The best thing about virtual dj is the sound quality. But as for the team to bring out updates for atomix now that virtual dj has come is not very likely. Even if they do bring an update out then it is more than likely not gonna be much of an update. This is quite dissapointing if u have been a long time atomix user as u would have to fork out more just for an upgrade to virtual dj which really should have been an atomix upgrade. For those people who say that atomix has a different sound system to virtual dj then that is true.. but why didnt they just make a new system up for atomix instead of creating a totally new program?? This was to make more money and to expect long time atomix users to fork out for the upgrade that they should ave had.

The bottom line is that atomix is just about dead and is not worth buying anymore as u may aswell just save up and buy virtual dj. i would buy it but i think the price is slightly high for me and not worth a few more features because i would only use it for home use and not public performance. just my opinion.. and please nobody say if u dont like it dont get and all that rubbish.. Thankz

Just my opinion..

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 03 @ 2:02 pm
Dark Storm:

"This is quite dissapointing if u have been a long time atomix user as u would have to fork out more just for an upgrade to virtual dj which really should have been an atomix upgrade."

You talk as if you've been a long time user. But you have not purchased the SW and therefor have not contributed to the development of Atomixmp3. All you do is make demands.

Do you really expect a SW company to keep feeding us FREE updates forever. Have you actually seen the development of Atomixmp3, since it's first release? You might not have seen the particular updates you are looking for, but in my opinion it's grown a lot. Plenty of nice suprises along the way. As I AM a long time user.

Look at most other SW-vendors. Aren't they too charging for updates. This is not an unlimited market this SW-company is operating in. What if the demand is met and there is no new customer? Then the cash flow would stopp and the company has to shut down. Now, is that what you want? I hope for your sake that you never start a business.

"and please nobody say if u dont like it dont get and all that rubbish.. Thankz "

I'm going to say it anyway. If you don't like it don't buy it. Your opinion has been noted already. Now show some commitment or move on.

Just my opinion, and I'm not speaking for the Atomix Team. I apologize for the hard tone, but you piss me off.

- Jim

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 2:19 am
well i would just like to say, in reply to what has been said, that if i wanted to start up my own buisness, i definately would not run it like atomix do. I am not the first person who has said this and will proberbly not be the last. As for jim.. i never said that I was a long time user of atomix and i told u why.. So b4 u start sayin what i should do and what i shudn't do then u should actually read the post first. I think if u were in my position then u wudn't bother buyin atomix either unless u wanted really poor sound quality.. So why should i show commitment if the program isnt up to scratch and proberbly never will be.. As for virtual dj, like i have said b4, is priced to high for the few extra features that u get.

Oh and quite frankly.. ure starting to piss me off..

Cheers

Dark Storm

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 5:38 pm
I was on the verge of getting the Atomix program. I read and downloaded a demo and I have a friend who owns the full version. I was impressed with Atomix and was about to pay the full price.

Until!

I heard a rumor about a new program called "VDJ." So i've waited and waited for over 2 months. So when it first came out I purchased it, it was ok but somewhat disappointing. It was sometimes buggy and it needed some work. But it was at least a little better than Atomix.

Then after a few revision, low and behold, it is a force to be recond with. It i far exceeded my expectations and it is perfect for what I want it for. (recording CD's and on point segways)

After that I haven't looked at Atomix ever since. But I do simpathize with the Atomix owners. At least the company can throw you a bone and give you an upgrade for the difference plus 10% off.

That will get an influx of money quickly and keep your customers happy.

Just my 2 cents. Hey Raw-Bear, ow are you doing? Long time no hear. Shout me a holla dawg.

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 03 @ 10:27 pm
dj groove....i would bark at ya but i had to re-format my hard drive........again.....lost your e-mail addy...now that the nice things r out of the way....
QUOTE:Dark Storm
Demo User Posted Mon 29 Sep 03 @ 14:55:49
.............however i still do turn off timestretch because it still does double thud every now and again... I think most people just dont notice the sound quality in atomix.. but i know i can and thank god they fixed it in virtual dj. END QUOTE
at last....something to bite (being the dawg i am)...that thud you here as you play music with atomix...means your computer has decided something is more important and starts it up.....NOTHING should be working in the background unless it is vital to the operation of the computer.....i always did wonder about these sound problems ...i have NOT had any

Mensajes Sun 05 Oct 03 @ 3:54 pm
All i can say to raw bear is that if there wern't any sound issue's with atomix why did atomix productions make virtual dj with perfect sound quality?? They even say that on there web site.. this must mean that atomixmp3 dosn't have perfect sound quality, hence, there are sound issue's with atomix. There are lots of people who say they cant hear these issue's and that they think the sound is good.. But these people just cant hear what we are talking about.. unless of course, they have very special copys of atomix that dont seem to have these issue's which i dont think is likely...

Also about my computer not being fast enough.... well atomix trail and vdj trail work perfectly (Apart from the sound issue's metioned above.. But this is part of the software not my computer) on my computer with no laggs. Here is my computer spec:

AMD Athlon 2000xp+
512Mb DDR Ram
SoundBlaster live 5.1 digital
Geeforce 2 400 Mx (64MB Memory)
2x 80GB Hard Drives

Also i have tryed taking off all antivirus software and all other background programs that maybe running and still no improved sound.

Anywayz, Chill...

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Sun 05 Oct 03 @ 11:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)