Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: NEW BPM Detection Software - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have used AUTO BPM in the past and thought it was the best until i tried this program. You don't have to Play the song. Just set the folder where your MP3's are stored and it will automatically tag them for you. I have tested it against songs that VDJ has guessed wrong on and the AutoBPM has gotten correct. And it always matches what AutoBPM has.

Saves Alot of Time....And you can Print the Directories out!!!

I'll be expecting to have my User Status upgraded for this find :)

http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmdownload.htm

PLEASE READ THE WARNING in page 2 of this post before trying this software

Mensajes Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 7:37 pm
Is there an easy way to convert the results of Mixmeister BPM Analyser to VDJ?
Or do you have to adjust the BPM's manually in VDJ?

Mensajes Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 8:10 pm
LOL...

hehe..... there are some great bpm programs out there for sure, but the best one by far is found by french user & Fruit a long time ago :) a little small program that gets bmp just right... a very handy utility...
and bmp programs have been discussed here at fourm a lot before :)

good to see mixmeister have tried to make an external bmp module as well...

but anyway... thanx!! :) always good with utilities ...

look here for a great bpm utility:
http://www.pyramidedata.dk/autobpm.html

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 1:36 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the two softs work in completely different ways. AUTOBPM is made for the "on the fly" BPM calculation, when the sound is already playing. MIXMEISTER is a directory analyser and MP3TAGer, it can be more usefull at home, as it scans multiple files at once and you're not forced to ear them while calculating. The print function is also very handy! You can save all the infos in a text file too.

It's a great tool, another purpose, I'll still keep both of them.

Thanks NawTBoy!

FRUiT94

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 11:13 am
NAWTBOY....

tried it, and it works better than I thought!!! you are right, is a great program...

see Fruit's post at new features, making VDJ read the BPM idtag (only bpm tag)

sorry, for not seeing the extended possibilities in your find, by calculating BPM for directories, and saving BPM to idtag.

GREAT program NawTboy....!!! :) thanx a lot

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 1:00 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Does this work well even for hiphop music? I had a darned of a time last night trying to do anything with r&b.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 2:29 pm
DJ Doc Z
autobmp works GREAT with hiphop... tested...
(see link in my post)

haven't tried mixmesiter's yet for hip hop, my guess being it works well (as nawtboy said, got same results as autobmp)

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 3:58 pm

WARNING

do NOT run mixmesiers bmp program while vdj is running...
it deletes bmp/comment info in vdj database for some new
scanned files

don't know why, maybe because change of idtags make vdj
see them as new, un-calculated files...

have only seen this happen when vdj runs, dont know if
it can happen if vdj is not running, but have not seen
that so far when vdj is not running

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 6:47 pm
by the way...there are many good Mac tools that can automaticly rename whole collections of mp3 by using id3 tag..

so that I could rename f.eks :
britney spears - toxic.mp3

to

britney spears - toxic - 143 bmp.mp3

anyone seen any Windows software that will do this????

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 7:36 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 7:42 pm
thanx clax... really usefull info!!!

only sad thing is that if I use this utility to change my whole collection or some songs to include BPM in filename (briney spears - toxic - 143 bpm.mp3), they must be rescanned in vdj, because vdj see them as "new" files...

all cue info, comments, cbg alignment etc are LOST :(

is there a way to work around this problem?
would really LOVE to rename collection, at least the hiphop-ish part of my collection using mixmeister bpm + tag-rename program.... without deleting info that vdj already have for that file

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 7:53 pm
I think the only way around this would be to have an app that can rename a collection of mp3's AND change the entry in VDJ's database.

macourteau

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 8:54 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"all cue info, comments, cbg alignment etc are LOST :( "

Sad thing is that everything is lost even if you use vdj's own "rename" function. I posted this in the bug forum because imho it's a bug: the rename function doesn't even inform the vdj db of the old name / new name conversion.

looks like once you have spent valuable time setting cues, comments, cbg, ..., the only way to keep all this after renaming a file or changing id3 info (hence file size), is to go apply your changes manually in the database (fortunately, the db is in a workable xml format now!)

hopefully this will be taken care of in a future upgrade...

on a side note: it'd be nice to get some feedback from dev team on bug report messages, such as "was able to recreate, will take into account", or "not a bug, because...", etc. in the bug forum.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 10:27 pm
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To edit the database of Virtual dj you can use my tools:
vdj2dbreader.exe

In my spare time I am updating this software by adding some new functionalities and I am planning to add the rename functionality.
This is a screenshot of my future release:
new version.JPG

Mensajes Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 9:03 pm
wow...thanx kabensa!!!!

really nice add-on...

Mensajes Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 9:12 pm
look forward to the update... seems to be a good way to manualy enter bmp's ;)

Mensajes Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 9:34 pm
PLEASE READ THIS WARNING !!!!!!
----------------------------------

If you choose to use the Mixmeister BPM program, it makes changes to your files (idtag), and sometimes the change can make these files be "lost" in your VDJ database, because the change of file size makes VDJ see them as "new" un-scanned/un-calcaleted files...

THIS MEANS THAT ALL CUE, COMMENTS AND CBG ALIGNMENTS WILL BE LOST FOR THOSE FILES!!!

you must re-cue, make new comments, and align cbg for files at new.

At a random test 30% of the files where changed enough to be "lost" from VDJ database..

--------------------------------------------------

This happens regardless if VDJ is running or not!!

TO MODERATORS/VDJ TEAM:
maybe you should put this warning into the first post from Nawtboy, I would hate to see those who have used a lot of time saving cues & comments in VDJ, loose more than 30% of that information. Would be horrible for a big collection

Mensajes Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 10:06 pm
Thanks for the warning

Coyote

Mensajes Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 11:08 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi there,

Does this software change the bpm's provided in vdj to the correct bpm, i'm not bothered about the loss of information, i'd rather be able to mix music like pop, r'n'b because of the correct bpm,

or does it just change the bpm in the id3 tagging, really because there is so many bpm calculaters out there vdj should be able to improve their bpm counting software to meet the new standard and more importantely get the bpm right!,

this is a crucial thing that will give vdj another big boost, it needs to be done asap, in the next version? (not vdj 3)

Mensajes Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 12:05 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tryed mixing beyonce with misteeq, and with the correct bpm, no problem, sounded great,

Please get the bpm counters right, will improve the software dramatically......

renaming the correct bpm's is just a temporay solution, please don't go to any lengths to input the correct bpm's yourself or you'll be sorry, because you can't rename afterards at all wthout losing all info (including bpm of course),

plus this will take much of your valuble but wasted time.....

bagpuss

Mensajes Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 12:40 am
14%