Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: >AUSTRALIAN VDJ USER FORUM - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
WOOO!!

Go us in Cooma! lol

And DJ Turbo.. Who would talk to you? Seriously? haha jks dude

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:21 am
Damn am i the only brissy boy here??!!

haha yeah turbo mate who would. nah youre all good, havent spoken for a while? sorry :S

Yeah i think we should try to expand ourselves here in Australia! would be good to see.

Sean

Mensajes Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 1:43 pm
After Christmas I will be "GOING FOR IT" my sister in the STATE's will have my new rack mount pc case here for me tomoro (finally), so the moblie setup will be kranking, so far Ive wraped nearly $6000 around VDJ ! I have a few connections around Brisbane's Club scene, who have been keeping an eye on my progress ! so hopefully it wont go to wast :-) & get some gigs down there to promote VDJ + Myself !!!

(THE CLUB SCENE ON THE SUNSHINE COAST IS WAY BEHIND WITH THERE MUSIC !) >>>S S U X X even know im going to see NICK SKITZ@Rolling Rock, Noosa 2nite wooo hooo ! <dosent happen very often :-(

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

ChrisB

Mensajes Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 2:22 am
Hi
I hail from country NSW and digital djing is very thin on the ground around here. Been using pcdj from it's infancy ... 7 years ago. Upgraded to pcdj red then fx but now prefer virtual dj ...
anyhow gr8 to see digital djing from downunder ... Draconian copyright laws prevent us from advertising our real presence ....active persecution of hard disk users still ever present in this part of the world .. 6,000 dollar fine for starters !!! I would franchaise vjing here and make a fortune using VIRTUAL DJj as the starting point if it was legal.

Any you guys (I have not heard any females yet) out there really video disco yet?
The software is brilliant BUT I had to upgrade all my hardware to accomodate the large large mpg2 files ... forgo the laptop and go back to a box computer again. Duo 2.4 , 256K video card, 2gig ram minimum with 500+ gig drives ...Big screen video demands at least 2500 -3000 lux projector ... don't buy anything less .....

tried mpg1 but big screen video sometimes too grainy, although I use some because that's all there is .. period ... ie try finding classic country tracks on dvd.... impossible ...
tried WMF9 files but virtual dj does not play them ..
Avi files NOT reliable.. so many divX decoders .....
some vob files do NOT work because of 2-3 imbedded audio tracks ie if you rip them from dvd's with multi-sound options... solution ..demux to contain only one audio file
etc blah blah blah

Rip all vids to mp2 ...demux if needed ...sweet as ... differing audio volumes between trax only problem I've had.
Solution .... one hand on mixer volume while blending !!!
My sources of video vary greatly, etv, promo only, dvd artist and compilations, aussi VCD dj only compilations hot hits ADMmusic etc....as well as various compiltions off ebay from around the world ...

Finally I would love to say I'm a real dj but I'm only a well paid music player/blender. The audience is usually "pissed" when the party really takes off and I play the well worn time honored "punter" classics. Classic rock, dance, latest pop, country and rock'n'roll all are usually played at various parts of the night. 99% of weddings parties etc expect this in the country.

anyhow have gr8 christmas

Graeme Dj

Mensajes Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 3:51 am
You can be a "HARD DRIVE" DJ (so to speak) in Australia, you just need to get a "BLANKET LICENCE" from APRA, this allows you to copy CD's to your hard drive, in other words, change FORMAT's from CDA>MP3's. The licence is $60 a year per 500 tracks (about 12c a track inc GST).

I will post a link to download the applacation forms soon !!!

Chrisb

Mensajes Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 3:58 am
OK Heres the link to the licencing section on the APRA web site, theres is alot of reading involoved but you should find all the info you need to get going there ! I E-mailed them and they sent the "Casual Blanket enquiry form" to me wich was alot simpler !

http://www.apra.com.au/music-users/Licences/all_about_licences/licences.asp

I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE OUT : -)

Chrisb

Mensajes Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 12:42 am
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Hi,

Im from Melbourne, Australia, and been living here for the last 5 years. How many of you guys use either VDJ or any sort of software(Ableton, Traktor etc) to play out at clubs??

Mensajes Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 1:13 am
not me - but am keen as to give it a go ! got my setup running 99.99% reliable so shouldnt have any worrys ! trying hard to get VDJ noticed in OZ still turns a few noses UP tho ! getting there slowly........

ChrisB

PS I use ableton for production !

Mensajes Sun 25 Feb 07 @ 9:27 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am the first in Australia to receive the new Gen-3 TCV, and they are absolutly awsome :)

Mensajes Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 6:58 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mixing it up in Port Augusta, South Australia.

www.myspace.com/djmiks

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a Mk2 in Australia? Currently using Mk1

Please dont refer me to the Hercules website, only the sound-music website link works and I think $659 AU is abit steep.

Mensajes Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 12:58 am
Wow, a whole two pages full of aussie posts! great to see! :D

on another note, how did you guys get a hold of VDJ down here, i cant seem to find a way
(pref a hard copy not the download, as i dont have a credit card)

Mensajes Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:51 am
It is still illegal in Australia to load Video and Karaoke onto a hard drive for public performance.
However I have found a web site mixmusicvideo.com.au. They supply clubs and pubs with VDJ including computer and the latest video film clips. If U R in Australia, check it out ;-)

Mensajes Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)