Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Calling All Dac/Dmc users How should we Map The Dac/Dmc? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I started the thread per a suggestion from wireless dj.

Dac/DMC Users

Post up what functions you'd like mapped.

Mensajes Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 3:12 am
Hmm... that's a good one. I wish we had a program that could come with a default way of mapping the dac2, and then give us options to change it. Anyhow, here are my ideas:

-The loop preview button should be the one that turns on/off looping (not the group button like it is now).

-I wish the inner (center) part of the inactive player's jogwheel would scroll the tracks (maybe not possible with the mapping??).

-The FX key should activate the effects (not sure as to how to make it controll 1, 2, or 3).

-The match button should match the bpm to the other player's current BPM, but should not start the player like it does now).

-The waitlist button? Jump one beat backward, or to trigger sample #1?

Killabee44

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 3:07 am
There are a lot of ways to tackle this.

In config panel I think DAC deserves it's own mapping system like XP10. Why not just work on the basis of game controls, it comes with default settings which you can then adjust to suit yourself (obviously it should have an option to save/load the "map" to/from a file for backup purposes or other DJ's who like it mapped differently.

All the buttons on DAC could be listed on Config panel to be assigned to functions of VDJ...but there could also be a function builder.

Killabee44 asked how to load FX???

Maybe the Load button on DAC could be used as a multi function button ie press and hold Load and FX together which would allow you to toggle FX number like you already do with the number of beats in a loop.

Load and Group would allow you to scroll the database, the waitlist button would move it in to the playlist and pressing Load again would Load to active deck.

Just some ideas.

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:05 am
Ross,

I see what you mean about using the Load and FX buttons for effects, but the problem is that, unlike the loop buttons the effects buttons start as soon as they are selected. With the loop buttons you can select how many beats first and then turn it on, which works fine.

If you try to flip from one effect button to the next, you will be turning on each one as you go. Know what I mean? I wish it would work the way you say, but I don't see how. Maybe using the SHIFT button on the DAC2?

Killabee44

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:12 pm
Re-Read what I said, lol

Press and hold Load then FX which would allow you to scroll through however many effects the prog may support in the future. Next time you press FX it will turn on that effect and again to stop.

Then if you want to change the effect:
Press and Hold "Load" and "FX" toggle with arrows - on next "FX" press turn on effect. easy peasy.

I was using Load as a sort of SHIFT button in the sense that you are choosing which FX to LOAD, SHIFT could work to but LOAD seems more latteral to me.

---

I'd really like to see WAITLIST move the track currently on that deck moved back into the playlist/waitlist as sometimes I change my mind about when I want to play it but then forget to Load it in again and the track is forgotten about.

Mensajes Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 1:08 am
Ok so for the next thing we need to find someone cabable of writing the .dll anyone here have the software to do so?

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 8:55 pm
I did computing for 2 years at college a while back VB - but to be fair I really wouldn't know how to write a .dll as a mapper. Do we just make this DLL and it'll work all of a sudden, or how will the option appear in the config?

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 12:19 am
Macourteau, help us out man! : - )

Killabee44

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 2:40 am
at this point I'd offer money to get it done!

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 8:44 am
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Save your money for some new dj gear, i would volunteer for writing such a mapper plugin... Only problem is, i do not have a dac-2 yet. Guess i will order it in a day or so. Without the hardware it does involve a bit of guesswork but i could build a dll with some simple modifications to test if everythings works well.

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 10:30 am
Cool :)

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 5:35 pm
Thanks Daniels, Im sure a LOT of peeps will appreciate it. Also, not as many browse this forum. We should see if a Mod can move this to the techincal support forum. Anyone?

Killabee44

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 9:47 pm
Daniels,

I assume we make the Dll then replace the one that is in c:\programfiles\virtualdj

or just add it. I'm not sure

Could some one post a list of the DAC fuctions with pcdj red?

This is exatly how it should fuction with vdj

Mensajes Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 10:36 pm
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I haven't seen a dac/dmc dll in the virtualdj folder so i guess you will just have to put it there. The pcdj red mappings are explained in the manual. I have also read the bpm studio manual to get an idea how alcatech used their controller buttons.

There are some interesting functions which pcdj red does not support like beat-stepping with the outer wheel for example. Editing loop in and out points with the jog wheel would be cool, too.

I do have some ideas but i will have to wait with the programming until i get my dac-2. When i get the controller it should be a matter of days.

It might be possible to also add a cue-editing mode as found in todays dj cd-players (playing the first 160ms or so in a loop), as far as I know VDJ does not have such a function yet.

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:50 am
Daniels, you sound like an awfully decent bloke!

Yey us DACsters might get somewhere now.

I like the idea of having loop out adjust on jog!!

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 2:38 am
What I am hoping for the most is a way to make overwriting a cue harder. I have this bad habbit of hitting the cue button as soon as I load a track and that automatically erases the cue that I had set up before (and sets it at the beginning of the track).

Hitting the cue button on the DAC-2 should only bring you back to the beginning of the cue you are using.

Also, we need a way to browse the cues with the controller. Like go to cue position 2, or 3, etc.

Killabee44

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 3:02 am
I have a few things to add.

1. Load a track with the load button this is key

2. Scroll thru case with inner jog and folders with outer

3. Fx key mapped to fx 1 or hold down load to scoll effects

4. waitilst button will add songs to play list

5. match does not start tracks

the team says the actions are the same as those descried in the skin sdk. which is cool

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 4:36 am
With regards to the CUE button - how about

Shift + CUE to set
CUE will scroll throught set cue points, if playing, CUE will go back to previous CUE point, pressing CUE again will scroll cue's.

The only thing I didnt like about that was pressing 2 buttons to set a cue but it may be the only logical way.

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 12:31 pm
I agree. Pressing shift + cue sounds like the best thing. Makes sense.

Killabee44

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 9:57 pm
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm wondering if we are going to be able to use the < and > cue memory buttons to jump for cue to cue.

PCDJ was different in cue handling. You had 20cues and you were using these buttons to select the cue.

VDJ is using numbers and numbers only. Meaning, you cannot select a cue with any button, you just hit the cue you want to jump to.

That means that we must find a way to use at LEAST 4 cues from the DMC/DAC.

Cue 1 could be <
Cue 2 could be >
Cue 3 could be shift + <
Cue 3 could be shift + >

am i right, or am i missing something here?

Alex

Mensajes Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 11:59 pm
31%