Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Calling All Dac/Dmc users How should we Map The Dac/Dmc? - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
btw, whos writing the plug-in?

Mensajes Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 12:00 am
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. When deck 1 is playing, using the inner wheel of 2 deck on the DMC/DAC will browse the filelist.
2. When deck 1 is playing, using shift & + or - will, again, browse the file list (+ goes to the next song, - to previous)
3. Group & + or - could be used to change directory in the file list
4. Group & outer jogwheel could be used to collapse or expand a subdirectory.
5. As already said, match will match BPM but not start song (why is it doing that by default? :) )
6. Group & - could make a 4 beat loop
7. Group & + could make 8 beat loop

these are the same shortcuts are PCDJ. Everybody using DMC/DAC are used to them, and they are nice.

Mensajes Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 12:07 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Al

I agree with everything you said there. I too miss the way the dac worked in pcdj.

Mensajes Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 1:38 am
Guys, now that the boards are back, any progress with this? I can't wait to have the ability to map the functions to the DAC-2.

Mensajes Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 8:48 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I never used the DAC much with 5.2.
But I have been screwing around with it with Red VRM and FX and I am blown away with how much it can do. Dam near toss the mouse and keyboard except for searching. And when you are that connected to a program its a different animal all together.

Jason, you should send the link to this page to someone who knows it inside out if you know what I mean.......

But, who's to say he isn't watching now?

Mensajes Sat 11 Dec 04 @ 12:02 pm
he knows about it already rick

I'm not smart enough to figure this out by myself I need help.

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 5:06 am
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok. I finally got my dac2 and did some programming on the weekend. The plugin is kind of finished though no documentation exists, yet. Some of the features implemented are..

- looping, modifiying loop-in and loop-length with the jog, beat-shifting the loop
- using the jogs to browse the archive without constantly pressing load
- beat-stepping with the outer jog wheel
- using 5 cue points with direct-cueing
- using all 3 effects
- cue point edit mode with visual vu meter (hehe..)

If anybody is interested in testing the plugin please drop me a mail.

Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 7:44 am
toss away the mouse and keyboard the dac is back!

All I can say is wow, I haven't got to try it out yet but just by reading the little readme file that daniel sent, the dac is 10x more powerful thanks to him. I'll give a full report tonight. So far much deserving of vip status. Thank you!

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 1:57 pm
Dac-2 thoughts with new mapping.

First off thanks go out to daniels for the hard work and thought and his personal time into this project!

I Found the new mapping for the most part pretty easy to use and dj friendly I only have a few more things to add to the current map set

The cue button

pressing cue snaps to the first cue awesome not easy to erase anymore!
but the cue button lacks one more function. When you press and hold the cue button it should be a momentary play than when you let go it should snap to the nearest cue.

The yellow light

Any way to make this flash with the beat of the song I think that would be pretty cool

The timer

Any way to make it flash near the end of the track 10-5 sec left (like pcdj used to)

Pitch sliders as volumes

is it possible to toggle the pitch sliders as volumes for each desk? This would elimate the need for a mixer :)

last one (for now)

press and hold both load buttons (or another combo) will close the program

Thanks again daniels for your efforts.

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 8:05 pm
Honestly Cyder, at least on my part, I don't really see the need to implement the ones you are requesting. Basic functionality (the way FX was set up, or better) is all I need. Im sure there's always room for improvement though and since we can put in requests, what da hell right? :)

Sounds like this will be just what the doctor ordered. I just hope it doesnt lag the program in any way. I wish the developers would also become involved in this. It could bring a whole lot of new users to VDJ.

Killabee44

Mensajes Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 10:13 pm
Seems the dac loses sync with the computer after about 2 hours with then new mapping. i'm not sure if its a computer problem or a vdj problem to early to tell. I'll report back soon. its better than fx would ever be right now just due to the beat steping alone. That and the fact its vdj.

I have to admit i'm gonna have to get used to the new mapping after a year with the old one.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 1:04 am
Cue button:

I will look into this. It might be possible that i unintentionally erased some functionality there.

Yellow light:

Unfortunately it isn't possible at the moment to use the fx and loop led, because VDJ doesn't support it yet.

Timer:

Good idea. I've simply forgotten about that.

Pich Sliders:

Using the pitch sliders as volume sliders should be possible though i'm not sure who would really need that. But definitly a nice gimmick...

Exit:

Should be possible, too.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 1:20 am
Well the sync issue was solved (bad usb cable) I played 7 hours last night without issue.

Couple of other thoughts.

A way to enter and exit automix is needed.

press both waitlist buttons?

A way to add tracks to the playlist is needed

Waitlist and + ?

Waitlist+inner jog browse playlist?

Bummer about the other 2 leds not really important though.

All in all I'd say the dac is definatly back and more useful than ever!

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 12:09 pm
Unfortunately it isn't possible to make use of the playlist because there aren't any actions targeting the playlist. At least none of which i know. I would love to use the playlist, too.

Glad your sync issue has been resolved. I've a 7 hour gig tomorrow, so i hope everything works out well.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 12:51 pm
Sounds like a new thread is needed for the missing actions (no pun intended)

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 1:28 pm
Daniels,

Let me know when you have the timer issue all set. I would like to test the mapping for you as well. Drop me an email (its in my profile).

Killabee44

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 4:48 pm
I can't see your profile. Either write me a mail or fill in something in your profile description, otherwise the profile isn't accessable.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 5:28 pm
killa you can post your email and only full version users will see it

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 6:37 pm
Ok, its in there now. Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 7:06 pm
Daniel I sent him the one you sent me. I'm going on 17 hours with no issues yet.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 9:20 pm
62%