Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Calling All Dac/Dmc users How should we Map The Dac/Dmc? - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys, this is the first time I''ve been active on the forum since the boards were down, I'm normally on everyday (it felt weird)

I'm totally up for testing this too as it all sounds more logical so far - will be good when cue is momentary too.

It's a shame about the yellow light - I really need a way to see on DAC if loop is engaged or not lol

Also would be nice if - you know how on some skins you could adjust the loop manually but then when you pressed "group" thinking you'd come out of the loop it actually started the defined loop - would be nice if this is sorted.

Would also be great if there was a way to put the song on a deck back into the playlist eg if you decided you didnt want to play it right now - to save you searching for it again.

Can't wait to try this out...cheers Daniels.

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 9:21 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I'm going to go ahead and post up the read me file for others to read, I hope you don't mind

Readme

DMC-1 / DAC-2 Mapper Plugin
Version: 1.0

The plugin uses four modes to support different functions.

- Cue/Stop Mode
- Playing Mode
- Pause Mode
- Edit cue-point Mode

The different modes can be identified with the status of the cue and
play leds. If a song is cued/stopped the red cue led is on. If a song
is playing the green play led is on. If the Pause or Edit Mode is on
the green play led is blinking. The red led above the "Match" button
indicates whether a loop is active or not.

Display:

The first two digits show are used to display Cue/Loop/Effect
poitions. By default the currently selected direct-cue point is
displayed. It can be identified by the leading "-". If a loop is set
or the loop length is changed it displays the current loop length for
a short time until switching back to the default direct-cue point
display. If the "Fx" button is used the currently selected Effect is
displayed for a shor time.
The next six digits show the current position in the song either with
the remaining or elapsed time. How to toogle the display is explained
later. The bar at the top also shows the current position in the song.
If in Edit Mode the bar shows the VU meter for the current player.
The "Single" Symbol shows whether a loop is active or not.
The last two/three digits display the current the bpm of the song.

Inner jog wheel:

If "Shift" and "-" are pressed and hold, the loop-in point can be
adjusted. If "Shift" and "+" are pressed and hold, the loop-length
can be adjusted. If the "Waitlist" button is pressed and hold, the
inner jog wheel can be used to scratch.
If the song is in Cue/Stop Mode or the deck is empty, the jog can be
used to scroll the archive. If the song is paused or in Edit Mode,
the inner jog can be used to adjust the cue point. If the song is
in Cue/Stop Mode pressing and holding the "Shift" button while using
the jog allows it to get into the Edit Mode.

Outer wheel:

If a loop is set and either "Shift" and "Minus" or "Shift" and "Plus"
are pressed, the wheel can be used to beat-shift the loop. If the song
is in Paused or Edit Mode the wheel can be used to beat-step (+1, +2,
+4, +8, +16, -1, -2, -4, -8, -16).
If the song is in Cue/Stop Mode the wheel can be used to change
folders. In Play Mode the it is used to seek through the song. If the
song is in Cue/Stop Mode pressing and holding the Shift button while
using the outer wheel allows it to get into the Edit Mode (beat-step).

Play/Pause:

Plays and pauses the song.

Cue/Stop Button:

If the Song is cued and the button is pressed it jumps to Cue1. This
can be useful if a song has just been loaded and you directly want to
jump to Cue1.

Match:

The button matches the players bpm to that of the other player. If
"Shift" is pressed and holded while pressing "Match" the beatlock is
engaged.

"+":

If pressed, the song is accelerated for as long as the button is
pressed (pitch-bend). If the "Shift" button is pressed and holded
while the "+" button is pressed the loop length will be increased.

"-":

If pressed, the song is slowed down for as long as the button is
pressed (pitch-bend). If the "Shift" button is pressed and holded
while the "-" button is pressed the loop length will be decreased.

"":

These buttons are used to change the direct cue point.

"Group":

This button is used to jump to the current direct-cue point. If
"Shift" is pressed and holded while "Group" is pressed it sets a
new direct-cue point with the current number.

"Loop/Preview":

If pressed once a loop a loop is created with the currently set
loop length. If pressed again it returns to normal play. Pressing
and holding "Shift" while pressing "Loop/Preview" displays the
current loop length.

"Load":

Loads the currently selected song. Pressing and holding "Shift"
while pressing "Load" toogles the time display between Elapsed and
Remaining Time Mode.

"Fx":

If pressed once the currently selected effect is turned on. If
pressed again the currently selected effect is turned off.
Pressing and holding "Shift" while pressing "Fx" cycles through
the three available effects.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:01 am
I love it. Even more functionality than FX.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:44 pm
The plugin is fantastic - a massive improvement but there are a few things that need sorted out.

It's 3am and I don't fancy writting an essay just now but one of the big ones to me is the cueing with inner wheel action is much much slower now, I think purely because the resoloution has been increased.

Pressing Cue always sets CUE1, can you set 2,3,4 and 5 from DAC, I tried changing on Dac but it didnt seems to work.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 8:54 pm
Agreed there needs to be a change there here is a work around you can try for a bit

hit play then cue real fast and then you can hold waitlist use the inner jog quickly as before

I think there needs to be an On load command or something when a track is loaded the inner jog will act as scratch (but only when its stopped) when playing it will go back to bend is this possibel Daniels?

Keep in mind he's doing this in his spare time, I'm grateful for what we have now :)

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 10:38 pm
Yeah I'm totally greatful for it...I'm just making a suggestion ;-)

Maybe Daniels could tell us what he used to write the .dll - send us the source so we can look at it and see how it works - then have a go ourselves and develop new actions as a group.

Or for the really brave who want there own MAP, write their own.

I think it's difficult to hold 2 buttons and use the jog at the same time in such a small space.

Oh, I'm about to post a new action in the new actions threwad regarding loops.

Ross :)

Mensajes Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 8:45 am
Daniels, after trying out the mapper for a while, here are my views/suggestions:

To beat step a loop, why not hold down Loop Preview and then press the - or + keys, rather than pressing the 2 button/outer wheel combo. Can this be done?

Also,

The < < and > >:
"These buttons are used to change the direct cue point". However, they do not take me there. The digital display will show the number two but VDJ does not browse the cue points. Is this only happening on my system?

Also, I agree with Ross. When you are in cue edit mode and using the inner wheel to find the right spot for the cue, it takes too many turns of the inner wheel to move the wav display.

Man, it is VERY nice to be able to use the DAC-2 with VDJ properly. Hell of a job Daniels!

Killabee44

Mensajes Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 7:47 pm
oops.. pressed post twice.

Mensajes Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 7:47 pm
Awesome job guys! Will take some getting used to. I also agree with holding down the button to scratch. You should switch this to hold down the button for the fine tuning. Also, you now have to hit play and pause it to scratch. A bit of pain but I think that might be the only way to get the scroll to work which is absolutely terrific so I can learn to live with that. Thanks again to everyone's hard work on this!

Mensajes Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 9:50 pm
OK I used the new mapping live for the first time last night and I have to say it went very well...but using it in a live environment made me reallise what I miss about the old way, oh and I found a bug too.

This is not a bash, I still love it, just making a few points.

As I said before, takes too long to CUE songs and I dont like having to use the key combo to speed it up (I'm a fussy bugger)

Bug wise - pressing "load" on the playing deck will load the last selected track in the browser to that deck, without using the mouse there is no way to get rid of the dialogue so I don't see us getting rid of the mouse and keyboard anytime soon.

At first I thought being able to scroll the browser and folders using jog wheel was really cool but it's actually more of an annoyance than a help ( dont use folders so try scrolling 10,000 tracks).
There are two of us work together so when the other guy is doing a search and I think I'm going to adjust a cue I actually end up scrolling the list.
I personally would rather lose the feature to scroll the playlist and rather have a feature to put the track on the deck back into the waitlist to play later.

I also had a good idea but I'm struggleing to decide which button would be good for it cos when I tried it it changed the time display mode (forgot which combo it was)
What about adding a latch action - rather than having to hold 3 buttons or 2 buttons then try work the jog, press and hold the combo then "load" to latch that combo until you press another button or "load" again.

I know I sound like a pest now ;-)

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 7:14 am
I've posted what I would like changed before so I won't go into that again. I have one more thing to add which I think will solve the cue problem

In VDJ when you right click the stop button it will advance to the first down beat. I would be nice if we could use a combo say Shift + Cue to do the same action that way you woudn't need to use the jogs as scratch. But I do agree that the mode should change once a track is loaded to the player. The work around is to hit play twice (enters edit mode) then use the waitlist and Jog to cue the song up quickly.

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 7:39 am
I hope we didn't scare him off!

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 7:42 am
lol - me too

Maybe Daniels could give us a quick lesson in this and tell us what software we need to do it so we can help develop it.

I'm sure seeing how he did it would be a good start.

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 8:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First, thank you Daniel for doing all the mapping work!!!!!!!

I do like DJ Ross M and Cyderhouse's suggestion about possibly getting the code from Daniel for personal customization or just to get a better understanding on how our suggestions can be more helpful.

Now, I used the new mapping last night for the first time -- and still recovering from all the JOY!!!!

I do agree that while in 'Edit Mode' using the inner jog wheel is way to slow.
Also, I would have liked to see that the inner and outer jog wheels act upon on the repective deck by default. If you want to scroll the browser and folders then you should press a button (maybe 'LOAD') while moving the wheels.

Other than those couple of things, I really enjoyed having a controller that functions the way it should!
Like I said... still recovering from all the JOY!!! - dreading having to wait until tonight so I can paly with it some more.

AGAIN, BIGGG PROPS to DANIEL!!! THANX!!!

Mensajes Sat 18 Dec 04 @ 8:53 am
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In order to write your own mapper plugin you will need a C++ compiler and the necessary header file. dj-in-norway has posted links to the header file and an example in the "General Discussion" forum.

I used Microsoft Visual Studio ($$) to build the dll, but there is also a free toolkit (without an IDE) from Microsoft available which also allows compiling the dll.

I haven't thought about releasing the source code yet, but if anybody is really interested drop me a mail. I might release it under an open source license.

BTW, a new test release is out - watch your mailbox. :)

Mensajes Sun 19 Dec 04 @ 1:01 pm
Great job Daniel,

Glad you are still with us as demanding as we are :) I think everyone should take a minute to thank him in a personal e-mail for the great job he's done paving the way to having the best controller map ever! He went out and bought a dac2 just to make this plugin for us. He's definatly down in my book. I think his status should be changed to vip member what say you mr mod?

Move over pcdj the dac is back!

Daniel I sent you a mail regurading that latest version of the plugin.

Mensajes Sun 19 Dec 04 @ 5:56 pm
Ok guys,

I have been testing the latest revision and I must say this just gets better and better! Daniels has made the inner wheel speed sensitive when we are setting a cue point. Makes this much easier now. So far I cannot find a fault in this mapper but will keep testing it. Thanks Daniels! They should definitely make him a VIP! Many users of other software purchase VDJ because of this I believe.

Rick,

Would it be possible to contact the person that created the PIONEER CDJ 700S and ask them to make the cue button that is being used or is selected light up?

Also to make the selected effect button that is selected light up (I mean even though its not "on", but is selected for use)? That way when we are browsing through them it would be easier (I know it shows up on the lcd of the dac-2, but still...).

Killabee44

Mensajes Sun 19 Dec 04 @ 11:23 pm
Great Job Daniel!

Its ready for upload to the site. I find no fault in the current mapset in fact its better mapping than any i've software that I've used with the dac2.

If we could just get them to make new actions to control the playlist it would be total bliss.

Mensajes Mon 20 Dec 04 @ 4:16 pm
"Rick,

Would it be possible to contact the person that created the PIONEER CDJ 700S (skin) and ask them to make the cue button that is being used or is selected light up?

Also to make the selected effect button that is selected light up (I mean even though its not "on", but is selected for use)? That way when we are browsing through them it would be easier (I know it shows up on the lcd of the dac-2, but still...)."

Guys, in that post I was talking about the PIONEER CDJ 700S skin. I spoke to Daniels about this and he informed me that it would not be possible to make this happen. He told me that the only way we could get this to happen would be: "Another possibility would be a new action
allowing us to (visually) select a specific cue point."

It would be nice if someone from the DEV team could implement that action. I will post about this and hopefully it will be implemented.

Killabee44

Mensajes Mon 20 Dec 04 @ 8:39 pm
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Any change i get the plugin to test it?

al0000@otenet.gr

thanks

Mensajes Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 7:56 pm
92%