Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: stanton scs1d & scs1m VDJ8 - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

new build 1.855.692 the scratch sensitivity got worse now, it more "nervous",like if I hold the platter while scratching a track, if I just hold the vinyl and keep it stopped sometimes the track "scribbles" ultra fast!!strange jumpy sounds!
pitchwarble is also back!comes and goes...
how can I revert back to previous build??

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 10:34 am
just found out that the previous versions are on the vdj8 download page,back to 1.845.650.. nice!

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:39 pm
I want to Ask SBDJ o DJDad.... the problem this guy have is just with that controller he mentioned ? because i've been working with no problem with the ddj sx, and after reading this im affraid will happen to me... so... im not updating until you give me a response...

Help ?

P.D.

Rnow im using Build 1834 (06/08/2014)

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 3:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, the problems experienced in this thread are generally specific to the SCS.1D.

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 5:52 pm
Thank you very much...

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 7:22 pm

Mensajes Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 1:54 pm

Mensajes Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 4:44 pm
thats cool Sergio.why dont you get a second deck as well? and as for the video audio quality,external camaras are not comparatible to recording the audio with vdj internally.Vdj is Recording quite well in v8...so then take that recording,say mp3,and sync it up with the video in a Video editor.I know many are shy about this but its not hard to do.Genarally you will see the files as two separate tracks (pistas) and then line them up (move them forward and back) untill its sync up.then save the new video...cool scratching "Hombre"...

Mensajes Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 5:02 pm
so this kit can plug to PC firewire running windows? no mac here...

Mensajes Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 5:07 pm
Hi there,I think it works in pc with firewire adapters.looking for a cheap 2nd deck to buy, I'm not Sergio, Sergio is a friend who borrows me his youtube account to share videos,you see I'm too lazy to create a youtube account,so wont even think about converting/blending audio and video, latelly I just wanna scratch the records, and listen to the beats! here are a fex mixes I did a few years back
https://soundcloud.com/partyb0y3
https://soundcloud.com/partyb0y
I guess I'm just too lazy to make more... :D
another thing I'm Portuguese (Português) and we speak Portuguese in Portugal! "Hombre" is spanish.
no offense taken.
our countries played last sunday on WC14, 2-2, congrats for USA qualifing for 1/8 WC, my home team sucked!
regards

Mensajes Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:01 pm
"sim meu amigo"...Ha,ha I know.I had a portuguese friend.I used to bug him that way Lol..cool scratching "irmão"...

Mensajes Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:30 pm
I found a workaround on the "deck2 jump bug" (deck 1,3,4),prob. it is not a bug, so when I startup and dont have control on deck 3, I just have to press deck select button, switch to deck 4, then press & hold control button + deck select, and it will jump to deck 2,then pressing deck select will switch between decks 1,2,3,4. if I switch to deck 3 and press&hold control+deck select,I can control only deck 1,2,3.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 5:56 am
looking forward for next build,for now I must use previous build 1.845.650, because new build 1.855.692 has platter issues, when slowly moving/scratching the platter forward/backwards/stopping the platter on samples, I can hear a weird bug like the track is "scribbling" very fast, this also happens in build 1.845 and also on VDJ7, but it is very rare and in smaller amount,its just a occasional "needle jump bug" and back to normal, and I would never scratch this way live,so its not a big problem,but since the new build creates this problem much more noticable,maybe support could work on this.(if needed I can share a video)
also another problem, when playing a track switching vinyl on/off,or switching between decks, there is slight pitch change, track plays a bit faster for split second,then goes back to normal, this doesnt happen every time,its random, and I wouldnt be doing this stuff live either.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 5:08 am
new build 1.872: SCS1 system are not detected by new build, after cliking on setup the program crashes and then I got missing files and cannot open VDJ8 anymore,had to remove VDJ8 from aplications and re-install version 1.845.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 2:05 pm
I have been trying to edit some buttons on my SCS1m mixer, but many midi buttons do not show on the dropdown midi list,I see that some of the button names are different from VDJ7.4.1,many are missing,I think the SCS1m mixer does not have full support in VDJ8,right? future updates will fix this??
there are many variables like "filter", "fx1", "loop", but wich is the one for transport deck commands? I wanted to create one for play,sync & pitch bend,other for loops,and effects,using the preset buttons on the SCS1m.
I also read in the wikipedia that denon and numark motorized platter can speed up slow down,will this be possible to do with the SCS1d platter?it works perfect in Traktor and Mixxx,speeding up or slowing down to different tempo ranges.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 4:46 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
just found out that the previous versions are on the vdj8 download page,back to 1.845.650.. nice!

Did they remove them since your post I see no links to prior builds, and I'm experiencing the jittery issue while holding the platters (sliding) on my Numark NS7, so I'd like to go back to this build as well since I didn't notice this come up until recently.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 9:39 pm
The download version is now at 1855, since beta has moved on several versions.

What you can do in future is copy and rename your executable files before performing any updates, so you can always go back.

example: when an update popup appears, do not install at that point. Make a copy of your current virtualdj8.exe and append the build name.

Install the update, then if you want to go back, simply rename the updated exe (append the build name) and change the old exe name back to virtualdj8.exe

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:45 am
very slick Groovin,but should'nt it be easier? I mean for some this is a pain...:S

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:09 pm
Remember these are beta versions we're talking about.

When you're beta testing you should be prepared (and savvy enough) to go back, uninstall etc. It's part of the process.

The download (realeased) versions have the build number in the file name. You just need to keep each install file on your backup drive.

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:20 pm
yeah,you're right,still a pain :(

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:26 pm
23%