Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: stanton scs1d & scs1m VDJ8 - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

new build 1.878.711: same problems has prvious uild,scs1m and scs1d not detected by software,after opening settings, debug crash, and missing files of VDJ8,vant open software... back to 1.845.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 1:55 pm
pitch up problem, been testing this in depth,and got to this conclusion:
when switching between decks there is a pitch up change, it can be for a split second or 1 or 2 beats,the pitch will go up a bit then back to normal, this also happens if switching off/on vinyl button (platter rotating/platter stopped) this is not a pitchbend issue, because I tried switching pitchbend sensitivity to zero(off) and the problem still hapens,it is a platter issue,but when I'm scratching and dropping there is no pitch up drift.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 6:29 am
new build same problems crash,adn lost connected controllers, but I tried downloading last public beta 1.878 and it runs ok,firewire controllers are detected but that holding the scs1d vinyl and track scribbling ultra fast is still there.
I get to the conclusion that when I run an auto update,my VDJ8 app gets damaged or something,because when it auto-updates,I loose control on the SCS1m and SCS1d deck,icons dissapear from settings window,software crashes and VDJ cant open anymore because of some missing files,must remove it from apps and re-install previous version 1.845(working ok with pitch up problems)
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 5:46 pm
hi, i'm not on mac, windows 7 here, but with latest build 1890.723 i've found a working setup.
I've done a test with a 200 hz sinewave to have a good comparison between vinyl and cd mode and a frequency analyzer to see the exact frequency output.
By default in vinyl mode, the scs 1.d output is pitched down to around 12% and doing some beat juggling, the pitch sometimes changes.
I've tried to search some settings inside the options and what solved the issue is the rpm speed that by default is set to 33 and i changed it to 30 and now it's very good and similar to my turntable and just using a frequency analyzer, a small 1hz fluctuation is detectable.
About your hardware detection problems, i have had similar issues when connecting the scs 1.d and the scs 1.m together and i solved it by using a firewire card with multiple ports, so i connect each scs device to it's own port and it works flawlessly and never had detection problems.
So for the moment it seems that the vdj is not controlling the speed rotation of the scs 1.d in the right way.
Tomorrow i'll test it in a long run to see if the rpm workaround is suitable for live use.....

Mensajes Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 11:34 am
update:
after system reboot had to set rpm back to 33.
When doing beat juggling it's sometimes up to 3 hz pitched up and it takes a couple of seconds to reach the right pitch.
Better than previous beta updates, still not perfect.

Mensajes Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 6:12 pm
thanks for sharing your findings djmicron, the pitch problems dont happen in Traktor Pro or Mixxx,so its probably a VDJ issue like you said
"So for the moment it seems that the vdj is not controlling the speed rotation of the scs 1.d in the right way."

I only own one scs1d deck and the scs1m mixer,my macbook (2008 black edition DualCore 2.2ghz/4gb) only has one firewire port,and no pcm/cia port for the firewire board...

about the decks not having same speeds, I remember when I first tried VDJ7, I noticed that the tracks controlled by the SCS1d deck were a bit playing faster with vynil on,platter rotating, and found that if running TraktorPro2+daRouter playing a track,set Tempo Range to 50%, move Tempo Fader to -50% BPM, quit Traktor, open VDJ7 the tracks would play very slow on 0%BPM ,platter still rotating on -50%BPM ,so to reset this was to quit VDJ7, open daRouter,this auto-resets the Pitch Fader to 0, quit daRouter,and open VDJ7 to check rotations ok,
if this doesn't help, decks still off-sync,one faster then other, try another thing, I had to do this too: (try this with one deck a time) open VDJ7, clone a deck and check if they play in sync with vynil on,if they dont try and sync them with the pitch/tempo fader,I think my deck was +1.3%BPM "off sync",so quit VDJ7,open daRouter and Traktor,load a track and set the pitch/tempo fader to -1.3%BPM, open VDJ7,clone a deck and check if the deck stays in sync, try it with one deck a time to check the drifts of each deck,give me a feedback about it.
Best Regards

also check this
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/182058/Hardware_Technical_Support/Stanton_SCS_1D_platter_is_turning_a_bit_slow.html

I message this "workaround" to some scs1d users,they thanked and said they were going to try it, but no one gave a feedback...

Mensajes Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 2:05 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
thanks for sharing your findings djmicron, the pitch problems dont happen in Traktor Pro or Mixxx,so its probably a VDJ issue like you said
"So for the moment it seems that the vdj is not controlling the speed rotation of the scs 1.d in the right way."

I only own one scs1d deck and the scs1m mixer,my macbook (2008 black edition DualCore 2.2ghz/4gb) only has one firewire port,and no pcm/cia port for the firewire board...

about the decks not having same speeds, I remember when I first tried VDJ7, I noticed that the tracks controlled by the SCS1d deck were a bit playing faster with vynil on,platter rotating, and found that if running TraktorPro2+daRouter playing a track,set Tempo Range to 50%, move Tempo Fader to -50% BPM, quit Traktor, open VDJ7 the tracks would play very slow on 0%BPM ,platter still rotating on -50%BPM ,so to reset this was to quit VDJ7, open daRouter,this auto-resets the Pitch Fader to 0, quit daRouter,and open VDJ7 to check rotations ok,
if this doesn't help, decks still off-sync,one faster then other, try another thing, I had to do this too: (try this with one deck a time) open VDJ7, clone a deck and check if they play in sync with vynil on,if they dont try and sync them with the pitch/tempo fader,I think my deck was +1.3%BPM "off sync",so quit VDJ7,open daRouter and Traktor,load a track and set the pitch/tempo fader to -1.3%BPM, open VDJ7,clone a deck and check if the deck stays in sync, try it with one deck a time to check the drifts of each deck,give me a feedback about it.
Best Regards

also check this
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/182058/Hardware_Technical_Support/Stanton_SCS_1D_platter_is_turning_a_bit_slow.html

I message this "workaround" to some scs1d users,they thanked and said they were going to try it, but no one gave a feedback...

thanks for your suggestions, i noticed with previous releases that opening a preset inside darouter changed the behavior of the scs 1.d and i confirm that, so your workaround is right, but with latest beta build 1897.732 it seems very good.
I've done the 200 hz sine wave test to check the pitch issues and it looks fixed, i've tried several times to switch between vinyl and cd mode and i'm surprised that it's fine, i'll try again tomorrow to be sure after a reboot everything is fine and at the moment i'm only using mixxx and virtual dj, so i'm not opening darouter before of using virtual dj.
Do you know if the jog dial(the one in the center) of the scs 1.d can be ensured a little more to avoid the little movement it does around the central spindle?
Both of my scs 1.d have the same little "click" when touching the platter and i've seen you opened it, but if yours is not tight too, i'll avoid to do that....
Thank you

Sal

Mensajes Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 7:51 pm
I'm having problems with all build versions except 1.845; because of :
"-Fixed motorized platters behaving strange when platter was held still" - build 1.878
is this issue fixed in 1.897? cant wait to try it! but I can only install public releases,the beta releases crash my mac,everytime.
about that click when touching the vinyl, I have a piece of paper,to tight the vinyl to the platter center.
bets regards

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 2:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Backup the application (from your Applications folder), and give the latest beta build a try. Indeed there were some regression bugs in the previous beta builds.

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 4:48 am
djdad wrote :
Backup the application (from your Applications folder), and give the latest beta build a try. Indeed there were some regression bugs in the previous beta builds.

but I can only install public releases, the beta releases (auto-updates) crash my mac,everytime.since 1.855>1.897

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:10 am
new public build 1.897: I still have problems when holding the platter still, there is no more "scribbling" but the track moves slowly forward and back and/or jumps forward and back quickly,the pitch up when switching between decks or turn vinyl on/off is much better,but still not perfect,sometimes the track speeds up a bit and a little pitch up.(try cloning a deck and see the results turning vinyl on/off)
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 1:40 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
new public build 1.897: I still have problems when holding the platter still, there is no more "scribbling" but the track moves slowly forward and back and/or jumps forward and back quickly,the pitch up when switching between decks or turn vinyl on/off is much better,but still not perfect,sometimes the track speeds up a bit and a little pitch up.(try cloning a deck and see the results turning vinyl on/off)
looking forward
thank you

confirmed here on windows.....

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 6:26 pm
new build 1.907 "-Improvement for motorized jog wheels holding the platter" - NOT FIXED for the stanton SCS.1d; there are still platter issues when platter is held still, tracks jumps or slowly moves around...slow drag scratches are impossible, back to 1.845.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 1:42 pm
the pitch up when switching decks or vinyl on/off is also still there,I also been testing it with keylock on,and the pitch/key up is still noticable, shouldn't keylock "workaround" on this problem??

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 4:01 pm
confirmed here....

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 4:39 pm
since build 1.955 I couldn't auto update,files always got damaged,prompted for downloading new 1.190,installed and then new build 1.918 auto updated fine, but there are still stanton scs1d platter issues when platter is held still, track moves/jumps allaround. slow drag scratches are still impossible...
I think the pitch up issue is getting better,try cloning decks,and switch between decks or turn vinyl on/off, I also think it works better with keylock off.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:49 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
since build 1.955 I couldn't auto update,files always got damaged,prompted for downloading new 1.190,installed and then new build 1.918 auto updated fine, but there are still stanton scs1d platter issues when platter is held still, track moves/jumps allaround. slow drag scratches are still impossible...
I think the pitch up issue is getting better,try cloning decks,and switch between decks or turn vinyl on/off, I also think it works better with keylock off.
looking forward
thank you

Yes, pitch is acceptable, but drift is a real problem and can't hold the the vinyl.....
Hope in a fix, thanks do devs for taking into this.

Mensajes Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 9:21 am
new build 1926 still problems when platter is held still,track slowly moves/jumps back/forth, pitch up/drift when switching decks or turning plattermotor on/off, I think these problems happen on all motorized platter users, denon,numark,stanton, please Atomix Support give some attention to these problems,
looking forward
thank you

back to build 1.845 dated 06/17/2014

Mensajes Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 5:09 pm
BUILD 1932,
platter problem fixed by setting vdj 7 in new motorWheelAlgorithm option.

I have not checked yet the pitch variation problems, but at least the platter drifting issue is solved.

Thanks Atomix.

Sal

Mensajes Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 2:48 pm
ptch looks stable, beat juggling with only one deck is ok too, i have had to set motorwheelLockTime to 1 second to avoid the pitch start effect when switching deck and one of the decks motor is not running and this doesn't affect scratch accuracy(possibly it can be set to less than 1 second, i haven't tried the limit before the pitch start effect appears).

Well, it's the first time everything is working fine, i have bought a complete sc system 1 for a ridiculous price and now i have a pro controller and also timecodes here are working great, i'm having a lot of fun.

Hope it works on mac too :)

Mensajes Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 8:24 pm
35%